STD but I'm not cheating

dyoung

Ok folks my wife has contracted something called "Trichomoniasis" also known as TRICH.

Now she's mad at me and I told her I havent been with anybody. So do I get mad about this or assume this is something we/she/me has had for a while and never knew.

Neither one of us has had any symptoms, and the only way she found out was when she went for a routine gyn appt and had a pap done...

Any Clearity is appreciated!

Well you could direct her to this site:

link removed

While trichomoniasis is usually passed sexually, it may be picked up from contact with damp or moist objects such as towels, wet clothing, or a toilet seat, if the genital area gets in contact with these damp or moist objects.

i don't know anything about trich, i'm going to go look it up and come back to this thread... BUT it didn't seem as if she had any symptoms? more like it was latent and she had no idea until she went to get her pap. could it be POSSIBLE that she has had this for a while, and only realized now?

Trichomoniasis, like many other STDs, often occurs without any symptoms. Men almost never have symptoms.

so it is possible that she has -- or YOU-- had it without any symptoms.

also:

Because men can transmit the disease to their sex partners even when symptoms are not present, it is preferable to treat both partners to eliminate the parasite.

• 6 months later...

I am now 36 weeks pregnant and have a very good boyfriend whom i have been with for 3 1/2 years... I have not cheated and was tested for trichomoniasis at my first doctor's appt in August. I take him to work every morning, pick him up after work everyday, we live together, and are together about 95% of the time he is off of work. I have now been diagnosed with trichomoniasis as of 34 weeks of pregnancy and am trying to understand how this happened. I realize that there are men that are cheaters however unless he has everyone in our lives fooled including me, there is no explanation for this. I am not a niave person and have been cheated on before in previous relationships, I am very confused... and all the internet documents seem to confuse me more. Some say wet towels, some say there is no documentation of any sexual contact, and some say only through sexual contact... I need to understand this "parasite" and do not want to jump to conclusions however if that is the only explanation I will not be stupid.

trich is sexually spread. it is possible to never see symptoms. if women do see symptoms its similar to a yeast infection, so they usually pass it off, until of course it doesnt go away.

either of you could have gotten it long before this relationship. think of who else you had unprotected contact with.

she could have carried it in from the past or you could have. its no big deal. its one of the most common STD's out there.

at least it isnt HIV.

Archived