After a loved one passed... did you feel their presence?

What I mean is, after my dad died, when we were in the hospital room, and I literally felt his love AND guilt at the same time, as if I were feeling his soul. Its hard to explain. But in that moment it was like he was right behind me and I could feel what he was feeling watching us. How much he loved us and how terrible he felt leaving us. Has anyone ever experienced that?

This is weird and ppl never believe me, but

When my father died....

he had cancer and was in the hospital for about 10 days before he died.

towards the 10th day the nurses were saying it would be in the next couple of days.

The night before he actually died we were in the room with him (my mum, sister and her bf)

I kept looking to this space , an area in front of the end of his bed, near the bathroom door.

I felt a heightened awareness, almost a kind of excitement. I kept thinking "They're here, they're here' I kept looking at mum *Couldnt she feel the spirits here?*

I didnt say anything but im thinking "can they feel them here?"

There was a male spirit and a female spirit, and maybe a third but it was faint.

I know its bonkers but that what i felt. I just kept looking at this *area* of the room.

Me and my mum slept over in the room that night, and woke up the next morning, and shortly after he died at about 7am

As he was dying I said to him "Give me a sign later that you are alright"

A few moments after he died a huge flock of birds sprang up outside the window and flew away.

That night, back at the family home, the air was so thick. So thick, it was such a weird feeling. I would be watching tv and i would feel him standing behind me looking at me, and id turn around. That night a bird flew in the house. It flew up and down the hallway almost hysterically. The cat ended up getting it ..... Anyway, my mum picked it up, and as she carried it past me, there was this really weird look in its eye, like it really looked at me. I dont know what it was....

Anyway about a year later I went to see this lady who is a spirit medium. I told her that i felt spirits in the room that night but couldnt see them. She said that relatives come to get the dying about 12 hours before they die. Probably baloney but thats what she said.

But what wasnt baloney was the fact that i honest to god felt those spirits, and really i had no idea it would be the next day he was going to die.

Also for a few days after he died I literally felt like he was following me around, constantly. It was very intense.

My mother died about a year later. After her funeral, I remember realising that for about 4 or five days after her death, that included organising the funeral and the funeral itself , I felt someone pushing my back, like I was being pushed along.

The other night i was talking to my grandmother in my head telling her to let me know if she likes my girlfriend or not. TO make the room chilly or something if she did. less than 10 seconds after i heard like a wooden spoon hitting a cooking pot. started softly then got loud. I was at the bottom of the stairs ready to go up and my girlfriend was at the top. I told her to come down to see if this was the noise she heard earlier while she was in the bathroom. As my girlfriend was walking down the noise started to fade out. at first it was every second...but as she was coming back downstairs it got to like 5 seconds apart until it stopped.

my grandmother used to cook a lot and used to be a cafeteria lady for a school. i think that was her unique way of letting me know she liked her.

my neice who was born 3-4 months after my grandmother died says she sees an old lady at night sometimes...and she gets to describing her and it sounds JUST like my grandma...i chalked that up to kids say weird things...that is until the other night.

• 2 weeks later...

When i was 24 my dog that i had from when i was 15 died, and i was devastated.

A couple of weeks later i had a dream, and my dog was in a field where it was sunny and the birds sang with beautiful flowers and trees. My dog was a gsd, he was old and was eventually put to sleep as his hind legs stopped working but in the dream he was like a puppy all over again, and was with other dogs that my mum dad and me had gotten over the years.

After this dream i felt really peaceful, and i could rest knowing he was happy.

A couple of years ago my dad died. a few days afterwards i had a dream, i saw my dad in the same field as before, with all the dogs he had ever owned. including a couple that had died before i was even born, that i was able to describe to my mum. She actually went and got a picture of one of the dogs i saw in my dream, i had never seen the photo or the dog before !. Again i felt peaceful.

I'm convinced both dreams were messages to let me know they were all ok

ya know, its funny. I really wish I could get over my dads death, anytime I dream about my dad, its always a very sweet setting. Its just us, holding each other. Because he knows how much I miss him. It makes it harder. But I love that he lets me know he's still there and cares and is with me. I love that he tries to comfort me in my dreams. i mean, its not the same as in real life, but i'm glad to have those moments with him, even if only in my dreams.

I still remember this dream I had of him. It was me, my sister and my dad and we were with him and we knew as soon as he dropped us off at home, he was going to die, so obviously we didn't want to leave him. That was the only time I woke up literally crying. I had tears rolling down my face when I woke up. Saddest dream ever.

What I mean is, after my dad died, when we were in the hospital room, and I literally felt his love AND guilt at the same time, as if I were feeling his soul. Its hard to explain. But in that moment it was like he was right behind me and I could feel what he was feeling watching us. How much he loved us and how terrible he felt leaving us. Has anyone ever experienced that?

Of course. He was there. I find it baffling that so many people believe that each of us has a soul, but so many DISbelieve that those same souls stay here in spirit form, connected to us, after their bodies die.

I have had an absolutely awesome relationship with my father's spirit since he passed in Oct. of 2005. My husband told me a couple of weeks ago that he wanted a divorce. We had had some horrible weeks where I was crying and he was stone and cold. I called out to my father to comfort me when I was laying in bed, crying, really heart-wrenchingly soul-sobbing crying, and my next two sobs/big breaths I was lifted behind the shoulders and head and felt warm inside and the psychological horrible-ness mess-y turmoil in my head was just "smoothed away." I fell asleep within minutes. I felt him hold me. I called to him, and he came to comfort me.

We scattered his ashes to the winds in early June and the experience was other-worldly. Amazing. Breath-taking. AWESOME and awe-inspiring. There was no denying he was there and he was happy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yesterday i lost my grandma, ive never been through or dealt with a death and was really rather scared and cautious, she had battled for a while with dementia and unfortunatley got pneumonia.

I was there by her side until the end holding her hand, the pain i felt was immense but the relief i got from knowing she was free from pain was good.

Today me and my mum were sat in the front room, we had been arranging the funeral information and had my grandma transfered to the chapel of rest, we both at the same time felt cold, despite the heating and fire being on, it then started at our feet and felt as if it was in waves of cold, my air was visable and i felt breathless as the cold went up and down my body there was no question that it was her, it felt like her, even though it was cold it felt so safe. I asked her minutes before she went to give me a sign and told her that she will always be with me, and today ive been wearing her ring, i was very sceptical about these things before. But i know that feeling that we both got at exacily the same time was her, it was so strange not scary but so loving, the cold stayed with me for a few minutes and then the heat returned.

*sigh*

My Mother's death was not...nice. I remember almost passing out after she took her last breath. The nurse ushered me out of the room because I went completely went and thought I was going to puke.

I think my solace came much after.

My Mom always was attached to symbolism of things. When her father passed, a cardinal danced on the clothesline a little while later. She felt it was her sign. And when her brother passed, a blue jay sat on the cremation wall and watched. It was her sign.

After my Mom had passed, I came accross a photo she had saved on the computer of a blue jay, cardinal and a chickadee sitting at a bird feeder. It gave me chills because the chickadee reminded me of her, tiny little busy thing, always on the move..and there 'she' was sitting with her dad and brother.

Two days later, if a chickadee didn't come and land on my windowsill, flew around to the brances, came and landed on my porch, danced on the railings and the entire time it stared into my home. It sent chills up my spine and brought me to my knees in tears.

I find comfort in that. I felt her giving me the "I'm ok" sign that day.

Also, the day after she passed...my Dad, sister and I were going through boxes of photos to collect for the wake and what not, and suddenly a piece of paper fell out and shot out accross the table and landed near me. Talk about coincidence, but it said my name and I LOVE YOU with my Mom's signature of her name and a heart.

We all stopped and looked at each other. Freaked us the hell out.

Yes TOTALLY! When my sister died (she did it in the backyard in her car), i could feel her presence all around me..

For weeks, even months after her death, i had the most vivid dreams where she was telling me things. One of the final dreams i had where she DIRECTLY communicated with me was when she told me "i can't go any further", which i took as "she had to move on". In that dream, we were standing on a footpath and she literally said "i can't go any further", meaning she couldn't walk along that path any further.

Since that direct dream, she has been present in my dreams, but not directly talking to me. Those dreams haven't always been pleasant, for a few months she was a stranger to me in my dreams, i found this quite distressing. Now, she is just present sometimes, on the periphery. It's interesting.

I kept looking to this space , an area in front of the end of his bed, near the bathroom door.

I felt a heightened awareness, almost a kind of excitement. I kept thinking "They're here, they're here' I kept looking at mum *Couldnt she feel the spirits here?*

I didnt say anything but im thinking "can they feel them here?"

That's really weird, cos at my grandmother's death bed (she had the death rattle for about 3 days, died of old age, but it took a while), 12 hours before she died, my stepmother and i saw a quick bright light in the room (like lightening) and my stepmother swears she saw this bright light enter my grandmother's feet.

Anyway, the point is, at about 1am, we saw this bright light. It was like a power surge. I don't know what it was, but we felt it was something spiritual. I didn't "feel" spirits there, but my first thought was "they're coming to get her"

i lost my grandmother in may 09, before she passed we always chatted in her home she told me she would let her presence be known after her death.i would dearly love her to connect with me i am still waiting, i am happy for you that you feel her presence and hope this continues for you this must be a overwhelming feeling god bless you .

I lost my brother in 2001.... I've felt him countless times...

Right now my father is in a losing battle with brain cancer, and I know it'll be no different with him. I don't want him to go. I'm terrified to tell the truth. But knowing that he can never really be gone completely, and reading others' stories here... it really helps.

When my nana mo past on, when I was a child I saw her.

We were at her house for the wake and I went into the garden. Right at the bottom which I called the secret garden I saw a ghostly figure standing there.. I realised at that moment it was her..

Funny I thought I would be afraid, but in actual fact, I felt really calm.

My friend and boss died a few years ago now in a motorcycle accident.. I lit some T lights and was sitting there when one of them caught on fire in the holder.. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to go out.... I know it was him and I could tell he was angry at leaving so soon when his life was just coming together and he was due to marry.

Christina

• 6 months later...

My father passed away in 1998 while my Mom was in the hospital, and several other disasters were happening at the same time. Namely we were moving my elderly aunt from one coast to another with us. My father died while they were in transit. I had never felt such total grief that I literally became numb, like it was real, happening and I had to go on. I told my aunt and husband over the phone what had happenend. My husband cried harder than I did. He and my Dad grew close. Both with similar personalities, oddities, and they accepted each other no matter what. My Mom well that was horrible, but in an unusual circumstance. The convalescent hospital her medical plan had sent her to was run by a childhood friend of mine that our family had known for decades. If she had to be anywhere to go through this to be among these friends was a blessing. God or the higher power that governs all moves in ways we can never predict. Even when my husband picked up my father's cremains as he was placing the container the our car he looked down at the name...they had given us the wrong cremains. Instead of being mortified he started laughing...my father had been a mortician himself many years before...it would not have surprised me if Dad played a little joke on us just to break up the sadness. He was like that. A bit of a warped sense of humor. I have had dreams in which I visit both of them at home and we have long conversations. Happy ones. Recently while up in the snow country one of our spyders broke off. My husband doesn't have as much experience driving in snow (I have a little more and also remembered how my Dad used to drive in the snow back east). I asked the Highway Patrol to tow us below snow line and I could make it the rest of the way. A little ways down after being dropped off by the tow truck my husband suddenly yelled stop because of a loud metallic popping sound and we started to a lose bit lose of control on the ice. I distinctly heard my father's voice saying to me "into it..you'll feel it!!!!!". It sounded like he was half laughing. I was bossing my husband around so brutally bossy. I knew what had to be done and I knew if it were done any other way we would have either killed ourselves or others. Where were got stuck was a direct line for traffic to plow into us. My husband was trying to reach AAA, I called 911 directly and they sent out the Highway Patrol who also confirmed my worst fear the spyder (chain) completely snapped off. When Dad was alive, even when I was very young he always laughed and kinda admired my tenacity. I was the youngest (many years separated me from my brothers), the only girl. I made sure they had dignity through the end of their lives and lived at home under their own roof with their pets, TV and all the love and arguments they could muster during 57 years of marriage. My husband was family. They didn't treat him any worse or really any better. He was their kid too and they loved him. How do you get three well-educated, financially secure men to understand their parents always loved them. That love does not equate to money. Talking with them has been unsettling. Anyone out there with ideas?

Archived