Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Travel and Cultures Forum

melrich

Hi all!!

Recently one of our members FarthestEdge suggested we create a Travel Forum. Well after discussion amongst the team we have decided to do just that.

The new Travel Forum will be open from today. This is a place where you can ask questions, post tips, provide reviews, talk about great places to eat or see etc in other countries or places you may be going to or have been to.

If like me you have tried to access information about travel destinations on the internet, you will know that this space is dominated by commercial interests and it is very hard to get unbiased advice and reviews.

We hope that drawing on the knowledge of our membership, this will be a place where you get untainted and independent information about places you may be going to. Or you may simply have been somewhere and would like to write a review or story of your experiences.

What I would like to suggest, though it is no hard and fast rule, is that threads in this forum be titled under the name of the country/place you are talking about.

For example, if you are asking about travel in Croatia, title the thread “Croatia” to allow for easier searching and reference.

We hope you like the idea and that the forum takes off. We look forward to hearing your tales.

I love South America too! I was planning on going to Ecuador but due to time contraints that plan is cancelled until further notice.

So, in the meantime, I'm planning a trip to Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. Maybe hit up Thailand instead of Laos but I'm not quite sure yet.

I was just wondering... I think the travel forum doesn't let me trace back to my post when i clicked on my name to find it what I've posted.

Vancouver Island in British Columbia is my idea of heaven. I want to go back there withing the next two years. Actually, any part of British Columbia is God's Country.

Maybe in the summer... only...

One of the best places I have ever been is north east France just short of Lille. There's a wonderful town called Arras.

It's full of small bakeries, constant bustling markets and it's in the most beautiful of medieval settings. I could quite happily live there.

It's a far-cry from the daylight robbery of Paris, where you'll have to remortgage your home to go to a restaurant.

I also visited Brussels, where no Belgians live...

And I have family in Spain. Which would be perfect if they weren't in Benidorm... Britain says it no longer has colonies, they could have fooled me. You're unlikely to see a Spaniard, and if you do - they'll be serving an angry bunch of English people who want to get as drunk as humanly possible.

Strangely enough, Ibiza is meant to be a very beautiful place when it's not full of party-goers.

Vancouver Island in British Columbia is my idea of heaven. I want to go back there withing the next two years. Actually, any part of British Columbia is God's Country.

Next time i head back i want to do some killer whale watching.

Simply gorgeous.

Archived