Stretch marks from weight LOSS??

That is true, they show up as you loss weight, they can be less noticeable when the skin is "stretched" from the gain, thus the name "Stretch Marks", created from the gain, not the loss.

They are there, you just don't see them as well until you loss weight, but they can fade and diminish in younger skin, depending on each individual.

I just noticed your age, at 22 unless you have a skin type that is not very forgiving, they will fade with time and there are creams specifically made for stretch marks and scars that really help. Almost all women who have been pregnant, get some version, sometimes they are very small and unnoticeable.

Skin also tightens up slowly after weight loss and that helps also.

I think they can show up more after weight loss. When the skin is stretched and then you lose weight they can appear deeper. At least it seemed that way to me. They should fade with time. I have heard that coco butter and vitamin e helps, I'm not positive if it does though.

Unfortunately, it is true that you can get stretch marks from weight loss as well as weight gain. I have experienced this too. At one point, I lost a lot of weight very quickly, and now have really deep stretch marks on my inner thighs, and on my hips.

Like other posters say, it is likely that they were already there, but once you lose weight, it is logical that they will show up more. Also, if you lose weight quickly, sometimes the skin is pulled and thereforeee it is more likely for stretch marks to appear. However, any form of weight loss can cause stretch marks.

Cocoa butter is very good for stretch marks, but you have to use it regularly as part of your daily routine, otherwise the effects wont be as noticeable. You can get it most places over here, such as Superdrug and Boots. I'm not sure what kind of shops you have over in your area, but take a look round your shops and I reckon you'll easily find it. Bio-Oil is also another thing you can use, but again, you have to make sure you use it regularly.

link removed

link removed

there is a certain point at which stretch marks show. when the skin was stretched fast or it can't handle what it's holding. also, when you lose weight and you do have stretched skin, losing weight will show it off a bit. but you will still look great.

• 8 years later...

I have used Dermalmd Stretch Mark Cream for a year now and it definitely works! I had some pretty bad stretch marks from so rapid weight gain and I lost it all and now I was to embarrassed to take my shirt off at pools or the beach, I was pretty upset about it because those two things are my favorite things to do and I didn't want to feel self conscious about myself doing them. So before last summer I gave this Cream a shot in hopes It would go away. They didn't go away by the summer but now almost a year later and not even using the Cream daily the deep red marks I had are completely fading and only getting better. I know that they will always some what be there but this was good enough for me.

Archived