" I need to figure some things out with myself"

jjj87

I have some quick questions that I am sure maybe some of you may have an answer to:

What does it mean when someone says "I need to figure some things out with myself", "I am not in a good enough mind set to answer that question", "I am mentally unstable", and "I need to learn to be independent again"? I am being told those are the reasons for a sudden break up, which was going really great, until she went home for the weekend and came backing admitting she had cheated on me with an ex, however when discussing our break up she never refers to the cheating as the cause of things to end, she always just says "Theres things I need to figure out with myself". She even goes on to say she was feeling these emotions about herself in the last month of the relationship, but I could never tell by how much she was smiling and going about as if everything was okay.

Just a little background information, she was a quiet girl, that finally opened up to me towards the end, however when we would discuss things she never really said much (not sure if this helps explain anything).

Thanks in advance.

She was still stuck in a previous relationship, thought she was over it but not working through it backfired on her and she now know she is still stuck in it and think she can save it.

You were only a replacement a band aid.

She quite possibly thought she wanted to be with you until that moment - when she saw her ex again... sometimes it's easier to think we're over someone when we are not faced with them, and then we see them again and it's all still there... Needing to figure things out means she is probably trying to get back with him, or at least wanting to - and even if she does end up crawling back to you, it will only be as a concilation prize. You deserve better than someone who is unfaithful anyway!

See I would usually think that, but she is really content on telling me otherwise. She has admitted to some pretty messed up stuff, so I just don't think she would be trying to say things to cover it up if she was afraid to hurt me, because she wouldn't have said the things she said. That, and I have known her long enough to tell by her face that she is serious when she says "This has nothing to do with him, I am just trying to figure some things out about myself." However, she will admit to being torn between him and I. I am not really asking this in hopes of getting back with her, just trying to make things less confusing.

Sorry for the double post, I figured this was a big enough update for one. Well we didn't go and eat, however she texted me monday saying "U want to hang out later an talk, i need some photoshop help lol though we could create something cool." (we are both art majors). So I agreed, and later that day she came over and as she was over she was on her laptop doing her art homework and this girl thats a friend of mine kept texting me having a conversation, and eventually she was like "What are you up to" as if I was planning something or something. She said it a few times too like she was trying to get something out of me. Anyhow, as she was working on her work she would randomly start staring at my eyes trying to read me, and I quote "I am just trying to see if you are horny"? * * * is that suppose to me? But no, I wasn't. But thats not all, then she kept poking fun at me and herself about how she was sleeping alone and how I was sleeping alone several times...so when she finished her work, we laid down next to each other in my bed and watched a movie. All throughout the time she spent with me she was making jokes on me calling me butthead and such, sorta flirting. Sometimes she would poke me or out of the corner of my eyes I could see her staring at me for whatever reason, but when I would turn to look she would look away. Nothing happened during the movie besides her poking me randomly, but after it was over she got her stuff together and I walked her to her car where we hugged (was a pretty long hug), and then talked a little about just random crap. But for whatever reason, when she was backing up she honked to get my attention and then just drove off after I looked. Anyone have any idea what any of this means?

Archived