Mythbusters: Pheneromes do they really work?

Luke Skywalker

I've recently ordered a Phenerome from a company called Phelure and am waiting for shipment of this spray. The goal is to spray this on and see if there is any noticeable difference with this spray or without it.

To conduct this experiment I will do the following:

1) Go outside with my best clothes, good haircut, fully groomed and try to introduce myself to a few random women.

2) Go outside with my best clothes, good haircut, fully groomed and try to introduce myself to a few random women, and spray on some of this stuff.

3) Go outside with my worst clothes, no shower, no shave, and introduce myself to a few random women.

4) Go outside with my worst clothes, no shower, no shave, and introduce myself to a few random women, and spray on some of this stuff.

5) Go to any place or location where there is issues with particular sets of women where it's difficult for me to start a conversation due to lack of connectivity -- spray some of this stuff on, see if there is any change and if I'm able to hold a conversation with them.

6) Ask out friends that I know back on dates who have bfs they don't like but have settled for since nothing better has come along (including me), or where there is not likely going to be any action with someone single, and spray some of this stuff on.

7) Sit down in a mall or location it's not too crowded for about 30 minutes, spray some of this stuff on and see if anyone comes around to start a conversation.

The point of this experiment is to test for general receptivity, if the people I contact in are more noticably friendlier or nicer, and if there is any noticeable change, and thus settle it once and for all if this product really works or not.

I'm very realistic about it and don't expect a Twilight Zone reality of something very weird and out of the ordinary happening.

I'm also opening the floor to anyone else who has tried this out and to post your experiences using this product.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
already beaten to the punch with this thread man.

]

I've already read that thread and replied to it. It's full of opinions of people, such as yourself, who are too proud to give this product a try and pass judgement on something you don't know about. In fact, I don't think any single poster on that thread tried out a phenerone. The OP of that thread has a 'friend' who tried it out and he was asking for opinions -- and everyone who didn't try this product out seemed to have a negative opinion. This doesn't lead to any real conclusions.

To maintain a level of scientific and professional spirit on a interesting subject such as this, I have taken it upon myself to make an experiment and post the results on here, and documenting if this product actually works, or if it does not work.

I've already read that thread and replied to it. It's full of opinions of people, such as yourself, who are too proud to give this product a try and pass judgement on something you don't know about. In fact, I don't think any single poster on that thread tried out a phenerone. The OP of that thread has a 'friend' who tried it out and he was asking for opinions -- and everyone who didn't try this product out seemed to have a negative opinion. This doesn't lead to any real conclusions.

To maintain a level of scientific and professional spirit on a interesting subject such as this, I have taken it upon myself to make an experiment and post the results on here, and documenting if this product actually works, or if it does not work.

Brave words there buddy! I dont think its that were proud, i think its that most of us have seen the movie love potion #9 and think its a cool idea but probably not real. You want to attract someone with your attitude, personality, wittyness, etc. You dont need a spray to do that. I honestly just wear a cologne scented under arm deoderant half the time and that works good enough. So again its not a proud issue, its a matter of us just not needing it. be more confident! Whether you consider yourself a good looking guy or not, that doesnt matter. I have seen some beautiful women with some goober looking guys but the guys secret and even the girls told me was that they were outgoing and made them laugh. if you have a good personality and make a girl laugh and have a good time, it doesnt matter if your brad pitt or not.

Your point is noted, but it doesn't help if one's natural tendency is introvert, shy and doesn't like talking to girls period. Hummm....well, that is a good idea for a future experiment, but now I want to deal with this product. Deal with making girl's laugh and outgoing later. That's another study in itself, but don't see how that could work if a girl is not receptive to you to begin with. Maybe you could provide some insights on that.

However, the point is you STILL are passing judgement on something that you never tried for yourself. I don't think it's fair to genuine seekers who want to try out something in the market that's geared to make life easier on the ladies department to get advice on a product you haven't tried.

Anyway, I'm going to try the product out and post the results, and it's as simple as that. I do not pass any judgement on this product, good or bad, because, really, I have not tried it and until I do I have nothing to say about this product, other than I think it's something that should be tried at least once to see if it works or not or what it does. I'm pretty pig headed when I make up my mind and I've already bought the product, so I have to try it out now, only worst case loss is about $ 50 in shipping costs if I process a money back guarantee.

Using the word "scientific" in this context should not be allowed, lol. Maybe if you took your "experiment" and repeated say, oh, 1000 times, you might be able to draw some sort of conclusions from it. However, given the number of uncontrollable variables and randomness in each experiment, what you are about to embark on can only be relayed as an anecdote, not an experiment.

I'll tell you right now as a doctor that pheromones are a joke when it comes to human beings. There are so many different factors that influence attraction between two people that have nothing to do with pheromones. Human beings aren't built to recognize or respond to pheromones like simpler organisms are. That's the problem with having a developed frontal lobe in our pea brains, we tend to analyze a scenario differently in selecting a mate (we're MUCH more complicated).

Plus, anyone that tells you they have discovered a pheromone that works on humans is straight up lying to you. No one knows what chemicals predict or indicate attraction between two people and there is no clinical research to back up any claim of such.

But good luck with your experiment! ](*,)

You should visit link removed to read up on Pherlure from other users. Most of the people there use different products though, which you found might be more effective. I've ordered stuff from there before.

I just read around on that site and they seemed like losers... it just gave me one of those vibes lol *try this and girls will just open up to you!!*

You should visit link removed to read up on Pherlure from other users. Most of the people there use different products though, which you found might be more effective. I've ordered stuff from there before.

This just blows my mind -- all I can say is wow - you've got a WORLD of pheromones. Well, I guess it was worth my while to start this thread to get this link. Thanks allot. Now I know if this product doesn't work, I have yet another website to go to and check out any other products out there.

I just read around on that site and they seemed like losers... it just gave me one of those vibes lol *try this and girls will just open up to you!!*

Kinda reminds me of those commercials that are like, "use the ab-master just 10 minutes a day 3 days a week AND YOU'LL HAVE SEXY SIX-PACK ABS IN LESS THAN A MONTH!!! ORDER NOW!"

That's because most of the time the girls will open up to them. At least from my experience, the stuff works very well on guys. Depending on what type you wear, it will work for both sexes, too.

However, not every pheromone works for everybody, and some have to try several different mixes to get results. They're not love potions, but they're as close as we'll get to them.

If you approach all those women, the experience you gain will be much more valuable than the spray on you, so I agree it's a good experiment. You might even have some fun with it.

"I'm conducting research on the effects of scent in female attraction. Could you please take a good whiff of me and tell me if you are overcome with raw animal passion?"

For the time being, pheromones is being linked to some watered down version of witchcraft or sorcery and the bottle that I have ordered will not be picked up, and returned if anything. Applying a liquid that is designed as an aromatic charm to influence people's behaviour, especially where lust is involved, or any other self-profit motivation is involved is simply witchcraft and sorcery and is something that is not consistent with my belief system.

I do not think I'm going to buy any further pheromones or try this one out.

Archived