Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: "I don't think I have ever told you this... but I think you are really, really ugly"

after all that he has told me, I feel like calling him now... why? I haven't a clue.

Is it too much to ask for if I really want him to apologize for saying all of that to me?

Platinum Member browneyedgirl36's Avatar
    Originally Posted by foreverlost
    Is it too much to ask for if I really want him to apologize for saying all of that to me?
    Do you really think he will apologize?

Do you really think he feels badly about what he said?

I ask because my feeling is that the answer to both of these questions is NO, and you'll simply be setting yourself up for more heartbreak if you contact him for any reason.

Personally, I think you're better off just leaving it as it is; he has proven he has NO class whatsoever in saying what he said to you. In seeking an apology from him, you'll be letting him know how much his thoughtless nastiness got to you. It's better, in my opinion, that you not even dignify his nasty comments with a response.

I'm reading a great book right now about letting go (I think I'll make a post about it later), and one of the questions the author asks the reader to consider is: Why do we seek approval from those who do not even approve of themselves? I know you're not seeking his *approval* per se, but there IS something you are seeking from him, something he isn't a decent enough human being to give you. The guy obviously has some serious issues if he would say what he said to you, so why seek ANYTHING, even an apology, from such a messed up person?

Not even bothering to acknowledge his nastiness will say far more than calling him on it ever could.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice