Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "I don't think I have ever told you this... but I think you are really, really ugly"

I recently got out of my marriage and even though i was the one to leave i still had a lot of hurt about it and have said some things i regret out of my hurt.
    Again it doesn't excuse what he said I am just suggesting an option as to why he was mean.

I had an ex say something like this to me once. I knew it was not true. I went out and bought a cheap pair of reading glasses and mailed them to him with a note saying maybe he could use these.

Platinum Member browneyedgirl36's Avatar
    Originally Posted by foreverlost
    like i said... i never thought i was ugly... but him saying it has been making me question it.

i need to seriously stop talking to him... and change my number.
    Yes. You really, really need to stop talking to him. No decent human being ever would call someone else "ugly." That's a horrible thing to say to someone -- just as bad as calling someone "stupid."

This guy is a first-class creep. Don't change your number; that just proves to him that he's got power over you. Instead, just never answer any of his calls again. If he leaves a message, never call him back.

He is definitely hurt and wanted to hurt you too.

I've said some hurtful things to my ex, but never, never about his flaws or appearances or anything that bugged me during the relationship. It was along the lines of, "I don't want to see you again" kind of stuff.

Drop it and tell yourself you deserve someone much better.

oh my god that is great

Originally Posted by thejigsup
    I had an ex say something like this to me once. I knew it was not true. I went out and bought a cheap pair of reading glasses and mailed them to him with a note saying maybe he could use these.
    That is so funny...hahahahah....that one has me rolling with laughter...sounds like something I would have done...hohohohahaaaaaa

I know a lot of women that think I'm hot. Hell even girls I'm friends with tell me, but I also know that there are certain girls that would think I'm ugly. I mean the girls that were that ridiculous A&F clothing, they are after other followers of that so called style that I would never have a part of. thereforeeee they think since I don't dress like that image it's not hot.

Pretty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't think this guy would go out with you for so long if you didn't turn him on because 2 years is such a long time.

He is just telling you that so you feel less confident and he can convince himself your not worth chasing. I think he "protests" too much if you know what I'm talking about. Part of getting over someone sometimes is convincing yourself they were not as good looking and that you can get better.

It's a defense mechanism. Try to get it out of your head, I know it's hard hearing that and it hurts, but he couldn't of meant that.

I think he was drunk... also, after tellling me all of that he txted me saying that we can fool around the next day.... excuse me? I think NEVER. he also drunk called me after his night out... I never knew I hurt him or had that big of an effect on him.

9. 06-01-2008, 10:11 AM
    Reason
    banned member

Originally Posted by foreverlost
    I think he was drunk... also, after tellling me all of that he txted me saying that we can fool around the next day.... excuse me? I think NEVER. he also drunk called me after his night out... I never knew I hurt him or had that big of an effect on him.
    Seriously, if he calls again, hang up before he has a chance to say anything. If he starts becoming persistent with calls, don't be afraid to block his number. If he physically shows up, get a restraining order.

If he texts, don't even bother opening the message, delete it before you read it. Don't give him the satisfaction of having wasted even one second of your attention on him. Your ex is an idiot. Oh and the glasses idea thejigsup posted about - fantastic, you might want to use it

Oh hunny... that was so nasty! What an immature, awful thing to say to someone! He is definitely trying to hurt you...of course it is completely false! That is verbal abuse...don't allow him access to you anymore! Go NC right away! ((hugs))

I am thinknig about doing tha tglasses thing on his birthday... what do you think? haha

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice