"I don't think I have ever told you this... but I think you are really, really ugly"

he (Ex) just told me that today on the phone. then he proceeded to tell me tons and tons of other lies...

i've always thought i was decent looking.... haven't had problems with my looks in a very long time. in fact, when we were together all of my friends told me that i can do much better looks wise.

i've been upset since then.... i didn't end up going to a party because i feel really hideous. i really hope he did not mean this.... i think he may have said this for me to leave him alone or to make himself feel better??

This man's so-called opinion of you should not determine your self-worth. A decent human being does not say something like that. Do you really think he would have been with you for two years if he thought you were ugly. This is his irrational anger talking...purely designed to hurt you because he knows it will hurt you. This is revenge. Chances are he will wake up one day and feel real shame for saying that to you. So don't take it as the gospel truth. You are not ugly...he is...because anyone who can say something that vindictive is indeed an ugly person.

I am sorry your ex said this to you. Did you dump him or did he dump you?

I know it must have been very hurtful to hear from someone that you were in love with.

I think you really have to look at where it is coming from. He is acting out of his hurt and wanted to make you hurt too. This doesn't justify what he did but hopefully it gives you some peace to know that it was not said as truth.

He was with you for a long time he obviously didn't think you were ugly. Any guy would know that saying something like that would be very hurtful to any girl.

Don't dwell on the negative things said in the break up because those things are never spoken from a place of truth.

I would also recommend not talking with him anymore.

I am sorry your ex said this to you. Did you dump him or did he dump you?

I know it must have been very hurtful to hear from someone that you were in love with.

I think you really have to look at where it is coming from. He is acting out of his hurt and wanted to make you hurt too. This doesn't justify what he did but hopefully it gives you some peace to know that it was not said as truth.

He was with you for a long time he obviously didn't think you were ugly. Any guy would know that saying something like that would be very hurtful to any girl.

Don't dwell on the negative things said in the break up because those things are never spoken from a place of truth.

I would also recommend not talking with him anymore.

he dumped me. i did not say anything hurtful to him at all... i just don't get it.

I recently got out of my marriage and even though i was the one to leave i still had a lot of hurt about it and have said some things i regret out of my hurt.

Again it doesn't excuse what he said I am just suggesting an option as to why he was mean.

like i said... i never thought i was ugly... but him saying it has been making me question it.

i need to seriously stop talking to him... and change my number.

Yes. You really, really need to stop talking to him. No decent human being ever would call someone else "ugly." That's a horrible thing to say to someone -- just as bad as calling someone "stupid."

This guy is a first-class creep. Don't change your number; that just proves to him that he's got power over you. Instead, just never answer any of his calls again. If he leaves a message, never call him back.

He is definitely hurt and wanted to hurt you too.

I've said some hurtful things to my ex, but never, never about his flaws or appearances or anything that bugged me during the relationship. It was along the lines of, "I don't want to see you again" kind of stuff.

Drop it and tell yourself you deserve someone much better.

I had an ex say something like this to me once. I knew it was not true. I went out and bought a cheap pair of reading glasses and mailed them to him with a note saying maybe he could use these.

That is so funny...hahahahah....that one has me rolling with laughter...sounds like something I would have done...hohohohahaaaaaa

Archived