Post your online dating horror stories

metrogirl

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my worst one is still the guy i met at a bar to watch the hockey game and found out he was legally deaf, had two hearing aids, something he failed to mention. Had he mentioned it i probably would have suggested a million other things that didn't involve a loud bar where we had to look at the screen the whole time...didn't see him again.

Oh and every guys who said he was 5'9 was actually under 5'7...why lie? you don't think i am going to figure it out when i am looking down at you? HEEEELLLLLOOOO!!!!

clementine orange, where is he? LOL he can post about the man dressed up as a female date, lol.

Oh Lord, this over a year ago! I met up with a guy out of boredness to just hang out! He was so wrapped up into talking endless about how much money he had, that he would randomly start singing this verse of a song every 5 seconds, literally. I walked away.

Perfect thread for me to vent on. I have just the stories. So after taking a few years off from dating after my 4 year relationship I decided to give the online thing a go. Met three women from there resulting in this. First girl I met we had an amazing frist few dates, everything was fine, she was totally into me, and we both started investing alot of time and effort into each other and then after 3 months of dating she said she was going to Capetown South Africa to visit her dad and never came back. Few weeks after I got on Plentyoffish again, being more cautious this time, and started talking to what I thought was a great woman. Again, we hit it off and started spending alot of time together and after nearly 3 months of dating I find out she has a boyfriend of almost a yaer. So this really pissed me off, so I decided to go back on as a last try and again met a woman from there who seemed just so genuine. We dated for 4 months and after a month she was telling me we should be exclusive and only see each other so I did what she said only to find out she was dating and sleeping with another guy from the same dating site and she ultimately ditched me for him. This was all farily recently so I decided to give the online dating thing a cooling off period for a good year or so. Three moronic experiences in a row for me that taught me nothing and wasted my time.

I've had mostly good experiences with online dating, but I have a horror story that goes beyond bad. I met a man online, very charming, sophisticated, dressed well, loved French Bistros and was very thoughtful and cute as anything! We dated a few times and then we decided to get busy at a motel. The day before, I asked what we were going to use as protection. He told me that we had better use condoms because he had herpes! That killed it right there! I have often wondered if he would have even brought if up if I hadn't asked. Always ask, ALWAYS!

Yep, a guy dressed as a woman. It's true - I figured it out in about 2 seconds (watch for the adam's apple) but let the charade go on for about 1/2 hour before calling him/her on it.

To be honest I felt sorry for him/her. Not to mention a little disappointed since we'd had some really great chats on line.

OMG! I thought that was just an urban legand lol! That reminded me of an incident, not an online dating story, at a Big Brother (reality series) where one of the contestants was a transexual, but nobody knew and one of her goals was to hook up with as many guys as she could in the house. She (or he) was actually quite pretty so most guys fell for her. She confessed her secret after leaving the house and the reaction of some of the guys was priceless haha.

I can't say that i have any but i will share the one my SO told me when we first started dating. LOL I hope i can adequately convey the humor in this as good as he did, altho i know i can't.

He met up with a girl from yahoo personals who looked ok enough he said from her pic. Meets up at the restaraunt for dinner and first glance he is like WHOA ... said she was huge. The face pic didn't adequately prepare him for the girl he would be dining with. But he is very polite and courteous and he didn't want to hurt her feelings so he decided he would look at this as a nice evening out with good food and hoepfully pleasant convo. For those of you who might think he is shallow for being disappointed over her weight all i say to that is she should have not been trying to hide who she really was. I think that is wrong when people dupe someone into going out with them and they set themselves up for hurt.

Anyhoo, he compliments her on her nascar tshirt, lol, even tho he is not a fan and he could tell he had himself a real southern chick on this date complete with mullet.

After a drink or so she starts talking about her prison record. Why was this young lady imprisoned? For assaulting a cop of course!

then she talked about all of her ex's all night and how they wuold get into fist fights.

Somewhere mid date she asked him if he wanted to see her puppies. Sure, he loves dogs he said he would like to see....she whipped up her tshirt and bared her huge sagging breasts right there at the dinner table.

He said after he regained composure he thought "how the hell do i get out of here" wthout hurting her feelings but then decided he would look at this as a case study and spent the remainder of the date playing psychologist.

When they left he said goodbye and that he didn't think it would work out, just no chemistry and he said she started balling and said they NEVER WORK OUT .... he said he shook her hand, patted her on the shoulder and just said to her that he didn't mean to hurt her feelings but it just wasn't in the cards.

wow jaded - i was going to tell you that my friend showed me her puppies today (her doxie). but wow, never heard of this!!! sure you aren't making this story up? wacky!

i never really had bad online blind dates. for the most part, all the men i met were nice, normal guys, but sometimes there was just no chemistry. no women dressing up as men, no men showing me their ..... nothing like that! my worst experience would just be this weekend being stood up for a second date. ugh!!!!!

one of my worst dates was actually a blind date set up by my uncle. ug.

OMG! I thought that was just an urban legand lol! That reminded me of an incident, not an online dating story, at a Big Brother (reality series) where one of the contestants was a transexual, but nobody knew and one of her goals was to hook up with as many guys as she could in the house. She (or he) was actually quite pretty so most guys fell for her. She confessed her secret after leaving the house and the reaction of some of the guys was priceless haha.

Well, I live in a big city so .... and it's a strange world out there!

wow jaded - i was going to tell you that my friend showed me her puppies today (her doxie). but wow, never heard of this!!! sure you aren't making this story up? wacky!

i never really had bad online blind dates. for the most part, all the men i met were nice, normal guys, but sometimes there was just no chemistry. no women dressing up as men, no men showing me their ..... nothing like that! my worst experience would just be this weekend being stood up for a second date. ugh!!!!!

one of my worst dates was actually a blind date set up by my uncle. ug.

I wish i was making it up annie. LOL he told me this story when we first started dating. I definitely believe him. He was telling me about his online dating horrors the stint he did it and this was his biggest wacky story of them all. lol

The puppies cracked me up.

Nearly all plenty of fish women are scandelous because they get so much attention, more females then males, so they become a little nutsy haha some! So thats not the greatest place..

Yes redhearts, I think you might be right. I think all the attention goes to their heads and they are like a kid in a candy store. To bad they will miss out on some really nice guys (uhhh, that would be me) because they got all swell headed on the attention.

I officially hate POF now....and soon by extension all on-line dating sites

I didn't get a chance to post mine when I created the thread because it was time to leave work, but here goes......

Once I had met this guy from some online dating thing (forgot which one) and we decided that we would shoot some pool and casual attire was fine for the evening.. I picked him up at home and he hopped into my car and threw his smelly sneakers in the back seat! He was wearing beach sandals. I asked why didn't he just wear his sneakers since he brought them and he said they make his feet smell....Umm hello....the back seat of my car now smelled. I cut the date super short, dropped him off and drove off totally forgetting his stupid shoes in the back....I called him to remind him that they were in my car, he said I should just drop them off at his job! To the trash they went.

Another one: I had been talking to this guy for a couple of months and we always got on great. He had sent me various pictures and I was really pleased. I just knew I had hit the jackpot with this one. He was 6'1 190lbs dark hair and eyes. Just all over sexy...So we decided to meet near a Starbucks. I see some guy walking up the street and I'm not really focusing on the guy because I'm super excited about meeting my new sexy friend. The guy says "hi metrogirl" . I looked confused because I hadn't recalled meeting him before, maybe he was someone that I had come accross during work....He said "it's me, George" (sexy guy).....I looked down at him and was thinking to myself, where is the rest of you? He was not 6'1, 190 dark hair and eyes..... He was 5'1 at best and more like 260 with a bald head. (He had a Dr Phil thing going on but shaved so no one would notice). He had apparently used some random guys pictures. He was so arrogant in person and talked endlessly about how much money he had.... Maybe he should have used some of that money to buy some hookers because he isn't going to land any lying the way he did.

She showed up for our date at an expensive restaurant she had selected, 40 pounds heavier than her pictures, unbathed, no makeup whatsoever, hair a mess, in clothes 2 sizes too small for her.

I ordered a bottle of wine, she began to regale me with stories of all her alcoholic exes from the past and started to tear up. Her belly was pooched out of her top and onto the table by this point. I tried to comfort her and changed the subject.

We started talking about match, and she told me she had been dumped via text a few days earlier by a guy she met on match, and this time began crying in earnest. People at the tables around us began to give me the "stink eye" as if I were responsible for her distress.

She brightened up very quickly, though, when the dessert menu came, and ordered two desserts, which she vacuumed up with the fervor of an anteater working a fresh ant mound.

Before the check came, she ordered another entree to take home with her. She made a feeble offer to pay for part of it, which to her visible surprise, I accepted immediately

Walking out to the cars, she said, "You aren't going to call me again are you."

"Call you what exactly?" I replied... and that was that.

I met this girl one night in a chatroom and i though it would ne heaven- it was one of those dream nights which everyone with one of those amazing romances that always pan out like a fairytale talks about. Too bad this has turned out to be such a horror story.

For 15 months I gave her my heart, my self-esteem, my self-image, planned my future around her and even got into debt for her.

In return I had her flirting with guys nonstop where things sometimes got REALLY out of hand as I'd find out afterwards, the lingerie shots she posted on MySpace and Facebook that I was never really ok with, had her trashing my hobbies, my interests, my beliefs- the works. If for some reason I only covered 90 out of a possible 100 outcomes of a situation and accidentally phrased something even slightly the wrong way, it was WW3, yet she'd openly stomp on me and I was meant to get over it.

I'd often accuse her of using me in some way only to be told that noone could ever use me in that way because I wasn't that much in that particular way and whenever I questioned her opinion on my looks she'd feed me some story on being "handsome in a non-conventional way".

Then there's her mother. Because I was 27 and a full time uni student when this all started, she'd taken it upon herself to try and force me out of her daughter's life (and it looks like she finally succeeded). This girl would constantly tell me everything her mother had said about me with insults like, liar, cad and more extreme expressions of "serial devirginator" and claiming I was probably married and leading a double life.

Anyway last night we were having YET ANOTHER conversation where she wanted reassurance. I naturally told her she was the most gorgeous woman ever and then she wanted to know how she compared to me in my mind. When I said that I'd like to think of myself as being attractive and desirable and she dumped me because I wasn't prepared to say I was completely hideous and on the totally opposite end of the scale (as in the most ugly and pathetic man ever) and came out telling me how beautiful and amazing she was and how I was just some objectively unattractive guy with nothing going for me (so much for handsome in a non-conventional way).

I honestly can't believe I was stupid enough to let myself fall in love with her or put up with what I did for so long, but I guess people do stupid and masochistic things when they're in love.

• 2 weeks later...
Let's hear yours..... I could see this turning into a hilarious thread.

Okay, there was the first guy, who lived with his mother, and didn't have a job. We went on a date, that his mother had to drive us to and pay for. He was 24 and I was 19. Oh and he couldn't drive either. Second guy, met him, he was great, or so I thought. He was in the army and shortly after we hooked up he was deployed. While overseas he was distant and i asked what was going on he told me that he had a problem that he wanted to tell someone but didn't know how. So i say, just tell me...and he did--"i've had sex with animals!!" I was disgusted but since it was in the past(i figured it was when he was a teen) i decided to forgive him for it. He told me a couple weeks later that before he was deployed he went home for a visit, and on that visit he DID IT AGAIN! completely disgusted, i advised him to get some help with it and told him it wasn't healthy. In the same conversation he told me that he had also been talking to a girl back home!! So, either he really did all this sick stuff or he was just trying to get rid of me!!! There have been many men i've met that have said they were 5'10, and when i meet them, it turns out they are 5'8...and i'm 5'9! Met another one online that told me, "we are married in the eyes of God" and like an idiot, i believed it, moved to be with him and found out the hard way that he liked to play dirty with many different women online!-while I was in the house! I suspected another from plentyoffish of being married or something because we never went to his house. talked for a couple of months, i stopped talking to him and found out a couple of weeks ago(by myspace) that he's married!! WOW...i never really thought about how horrible my luck has been with men online. Maybe i should stop!! there's more...but that's enough. laugh it up!!! hahahah

Archived