R.I.P My Precious Baby

sarey

My Precious Baby...

I got a hamster a few months ago, December, so roughly 6 months, she was super tiny, my little Baby, but she died two days ago...

It was so unexpected.

She wasn't ill.

She was perfectly fine in the morning.

Came home, went upstairs, and she was curled up, got her out, she was so limp and lifeless, but then she moved, so my mum and me rushed to the Vet and they kept her there for an hour or two, called us up, said she was making some progress, she opened her eyes, licked the glucose they gave her...

15 or so minutes later...

They called...

Said she had passed away...

:sad:

Baby was like no other hamster.

She slept on me, in my arms, cuddled up...

She looked up at me whenever I held her, she stood perfectly still...

She even let me cry on her, she was so special, so precious...

I've spent the last two days crying and hitting a new low...

Lost the only thing in this whole wide world I ever loved so very much...

She wasn't my pet...

She was my daughter...

My Precious Little Baby Daughter...

Here is a picture of her sleeping on me...

image removed

She is buried in my garden and I am going to make her a grave stone, I have created her a poem too, but that will be shared another day maybe...

I may not be on as much as I usually am (which isn't a lot as of late).

So, yeah, just letting you all know because, well, I'm pretty lost right now, but My Baby deserves to let her specialness be known to the world...

R.I.P My Precious Baby...

I would've thought after a year and a half maybe, because that is a typical hamsters life span, but six months...

She was still just a baby.

Not even an adult.

It's put me in a very depressive, suicidal state of mind.

I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately things like hamsters, mice, guinea pigs, etc have pretty varied lifespans. And when they get sick, it can be over pretty quick. I lost a lot of guinea pigs suddenly like that.

Remember the good times you had with your pet. And just remember your pet died knowing it was loved. Giving them love is always the best thing you can possibly do.

aww, sarey, i'm really sorry. i can relate. i've lost 5 gerbils in my time. we go into it knowing they have a short life span but don't realise how the time passes and how they die so unexpectedly. it really, really hurts.

Thing is, she wasn't a pet to me, she was a daughter, it was a very rare special relationship, I felt closer to her than anyone ever before in my entire life.

She wasn't ill, that's the thing.

She was fine in the morning, then when I got home (about 4 hours from when she was last checked up on by my mum), she was curled up and when I got her out, she was totally limp, then she kept moving spontaneously, so we took her to the Vets and she started to progress, she was fighting to stay here, with me, but she sadly passed away minutes after the phone call saying she was progressing...

It makes me proud of her that she fought though, she was trying, but I guess she is now in Heaven with my Nan.

It's totally wrecked me up though. Completely wrecked me up...

awwww sweetheart, i am so sorry. i have had pets pass away unexpectedly too, and it is really the worst thing. animals are so wonderful, they have so much love to give. i am sure you were a great mom to your hamster, and i think your hamster led a very happy life. that's what's important. hugs

Thank you guys, you're really awesome.

Yeah, when she slept on me, the first time, I was absolutely stunned!

Then she began to sleep on me everyday and I felt so special and loved because she didn't sleep on anyone else except her mummy!!!

She really was the most adorable, cutest, sweetest, caring, just, beyond MAGNIFICENT hamster, ever.

She was my little precious baby daughter.

I miss her so very much...

I know how tough it is to lose a pet like that. I lost two hegehogs in 5 years really difficult to deal with. Last year we lost cookie our alittle little dog:sad:

I also lost a few hamsters over the years two and it was really hard on me.

So I know exactly how it feels.

That's the thing, nobody knows how it feels because the bond me and Baby had was a very rare, special bond. We all have different bonds with different things, and nobody can understand what it felt like, but they can know to a certain extent from their experiences.

I just miss Baby so much, I'm crying now.

Aw man i'm sorry.

My first hamster died after 6months when i was your age.

I know what you mean. They are so human. The way the look up at you, and make everything ok with their eyes.

Are you going to get another pet?

I'd suggest a rat - they live about 4-5years and are so smart! I had a pet rat and she used to break out of her cage and open the door, get into my room and jump on my bed and snuggle up with me! That sounds gross to a lot of people but she was so ace!

doesnt sound gross to me! sounds adorable

i got another hamster - i know im in for yet another grieving experience because this hamster i have now reminds me A LOT of baby.

she sleeps on me, and she acts just like baby did!

i named her baby junior, but shes the same type and same sorta colour (sandy but she has some snowy white bits on her too, shes adorable), it reminds me a lot of baby...

feels like baby is here again... maybe its babys sister?! they are so very alike and its so adorable... im just gonna be heartbroken again though... but its so hard... but i love her too... MEH, HOW STUPID IS LIFE?

Archived