Love her too much?

Straightj06

Is it possible to love somebody too much? I mean with my girl i feel like going to explode when im not with her, cant sleep when shes not there. Just spend most of my day thinking about her and i lose concentration easily.

But past few nights things have been bumpy because of this. I pick up on little things and it hurts me easily. Its not even her fault, i try really hard to not upset her over it but i cant help how i feel.

I know i hurt her last night, she thought i was gonna break up with her. I just need to know how to control my feelings cos at the moment im friggin' head over heels.

Sorry if this is unclear, its kinda getting it off my chest while asking for advice.

Cheers

The short answer is No. Love is not infatuation, or obsession. Love is a constant. You know it's going to be there, you have confidence and faith. I'm sorry to say, and you haven't provided many details... but what I read above sounds far more like infatuation.

-Kevin

Hey StraightJ - Have to say I agree with Kevin to an extent. There are lots of different types of Love. Yours is a type of romantic love - it's generally characterized by infatuation and has aspects similar to mental illness. It can feel like a physical craving. It can be fun and certainly intense, but it is definitely pretty superficial and you seem more focussed on your feelings and satisfying your needs rather than the feelings and needs of your beloved. That's ok though - for the stage and kind of love you are in, that kind of self-focus is pretty normal.

What people term 'real love' or 'consummate love' is really more about the feelings and needs of both people, and its very very nice. It's calmer, more based on continuity and interdependence. Both you relying on each other equally in mutually agreed ways. It's basically a lot, lot calmer and your feelings aren't raw and you don't feel insecure - it's like the opposite of that. You feel total trust in the other person, and you just know they are there for you and with you - so you feel extremely secure in the relationship. If they're not there, you miss them, but you're able to comfort yourself with the knowledge that they will definitely be back.

I hope you can relax and remind yourself that this girl is sticking around, and maybe then some of the mania will subside and you can get to know her a little better.

Best of luck!

I think you have to get a handle on your feelings otherwise she will break up with you sooner or later. We all have needy moments, especially when we're feeling low, but if it's a continuous state of affairs you have problems. Thinking about her virtually ALL of the time, to the point you are, is not just love, it's obsession and obsessions are unhealthy. You need to find other things in life to interest you and occupy your time, otherwise you will drive yourself insane and destroy your relationship as well.

Is it possible to love somebody too much? I mean with my girl i feel like going to explode when im not with her, cant sleep when shes not there. Just spend most of my day thinking about her and i lose concentration easily.

But past few nights things have been bumpy because of this. I pick up on little things and it hurts me easily. Its not even her fault, i try really hard to not upset her over it but i cant help how i feel.

I know i hurt her last night, she thought i was gonna break up with her. I just need to know how to control my feelings cos at the moment im friggin' head over heels.

Sorry if this is unclear, its kinda getting it off my chest while asking for advice.

Cheers

I know what you mean! Its scary isn't it, to love somebody so much. However it doesn't sound like unconditional love that you have, if little things hurt you so much. I mean, you should notice the little things, but not to such an extent. Is it love or obsession?

Try to remember all the people around you who you also love, spend some time with your friends, keep hold of your other dreams too k?

Love is a great things though, the type of love you would imagine between angels...

Archived