Everything Happens For a Reason

For those who are hurting......

I am about... 8 months maybe?... into the break up of a 2 year relationship. my first love. he meant everything to me. i genuinely believed we would be together forever. and when he dumped me i was an absolute state. i thought it was the end of the world. i honestly thought i would never be happy again. I couldnt eat, couldn't sleep, got put on all sorts of medication. spent months in my room crying.

its hard to see now, but i promise you, its a long road and it takes a while but it does get better. still 8 months down the line i think about him and get sad at times, but im nearly there.

i honestly believe that everything happens for a reason. and if you break up, they werent the one for you. the one who is will never let you go.

this breakup has taught me so much about life, and it has honestly changed me for the better.

for me now, i can look back with a bit of perspective at the relationship and see it wasnt as perfect as i thought it was. and ultimately, although he is a good guy, i wouldn't of been happy with him for the rest of my life. im young, i have so much to do with my life before settling down. i dont want to compromise my dreams for anyone.

and although i think i may find it hard to love again, i have faith that i will find the ideal person for me in time.

so what i am trying to say, is REALLY think about your ex and your relationship. think about what you want from life and go for it. other people dont determine your happiness, you have to do it for yourself. never rely on a partner to fulfill you.

in time, you will get over this breakup. that is a fact. i know its hard to see just now, but one day you will see why this happened.

I just seem so hard. It's been more than 2 months and I'm still crying. He has completely moved on and although I act like I have also my close friends know that I am still hurting. The paradox that I find myself in (which isn't making anything easier) is that I know deep down in my heart he and I could never go out or even be friends. I hate who he is now. He led me on for so long. I though I had found somebody like me only to be surprised that he was the exact type of men I hate. Yet I wake up with the feeling that I need him and love him but he isn't there anymore! The guy I loved isn't there and it just hurts all the more. I feel like my boyfriend died and my ex is just shoving reminders up my nose which hurt.

I can't stop thinking of that he is doing and who he is doing stuff with. I keep telling myself the guy I know wouldn't do those things yet I know deep down that he is and it's all feels like a vicious cycle where I try to separate my ex from my old boyfriend. It's just too hard to process the beak up itself and then the realization that that person was lying to me.

2 months isnt that long. i was still crying ever day at that stage. i honestly know how hard it is and exactly how you are feeling.

losing someone from your life who is so close to you is really traumatic... especially when you feel they have moved on. but believe me, im sure he still thinks about you. knowing you will never go out with him again is really hard to accept, and being friends is just too hard to do.

but by the sounds of things, you deserve much better than him. and you will get it. you will get through this. take it from someone who genuinely thought id never get over it... im well on my way.

Everything does happen for a reason.

It was 9 yrs ago when my ex off 11 yrs left me. I thought the world had ended.

It took me one solid yr to get over it, and when I did, I breathed a sigh of relief knowing he was not the one.

I can't even imagine being with him now considering he was nothing I really wanted in a person.

Time does heal and open your eyes.

Archived