Ask For Advice

Thread: Everything Happens For a Reason

bobsiesprincess
    Silver Member

Everything Happens For a Reason

For those who are hurting......

I am about... 8 months maybe?... into the break up of a 2 year relationship. my first love. he meant everything to me. i genuinely believed we would be together forever. and when he dumped me i was an absolute state. i thought it was the end of the world. i honestly thought i would never be happy again. I couldnt eat, couldn't sleep, got put on all sorts of medication. spent months in my room crying.

its hard to see now, but i promise you, its a long road and it takes a while but it does get better. still 8 months down the line i think about him and get sad at times, but im nearly there.

i honestly believe that everything happens for a reason. and if you break up, they werent the one for you. the one who is will never let you go.

this breakup has taught me so much about life, and it has honestly changed me for the better.

for me now, i can look back with a bit of perspective at the relationship and see it wasnt as perfect as i thought it was. and ultimately, although he is a good guy, i wouldn't of been happy with him for the rest of my life. im young, i have so much to do with my life before settling down. i dont want to compromise my dreams for anyone.

and although i think i may find it hard to love again, i have faith that i will find the ideal person for me in time.

so what i am trying to say, is REALLY think about your ex and your relationship. think about what you want from life and go for it. other people dont determine your happiness, you have to do it for yourself. never rely on a partner to fulfill you.

in time, you will get over this breakup. that is a fact. i know its hard to see just now, but one day you will see why this happened.

segor56
    thanks, bobsiesprincess. Well said.

Litgirl01
    You are a very wise young girl! It is great that at this age you realize all this...you are on your way to great things!! xx

SweetSmilingYeti
    I just seem so hard. It's been more than 2 months and I'm still crying. He has completely moved on and although I act like I have also my close friends know that I am still hurting. The paradox that I find myself in (which isn't making anything easier) is that I know deep down in my heart he and I could never go out or even be friends. I hate who he is now. He led me on for so long. I though I had found somebody like me only to be surprised that he was the exact type of men I hate. Yet I wake up with the feeling that I need him and love him but he isn't there anymore! The guy I loved isn't there and it just hurts all the more. I feel like my boyfriend died and my ex is just shoving reminders up my nose which hurt.

I can't stop thinking of that he is doing and who he is doing stuff with. I keep telling myself the guy I know wouldn't do those things yet I know deep down that he is and it's all feels like a vicious cycle where I try to separate my ex from my old boyfriend. It's just too hard to process the beak up itself and then the realization that that person was lying to me.

bobsiesprincess
    Silver Member
    2 months isnt that long. i was still crying ever day at that stage. i honestly know how hard it is and exactly how you are feeling.

losing someone from your life who is so close to you is really traumatic... especially when you feel they have moved on. but believe me, im sure he still thinks about you. knowing you will never go out with him again is really hard to accept, and being friends is just too hard to do.

but by the sounds of things, you deserve much better than him. and you will get it. you will get through this. take it from someone who genuinely thought id never get over it... im well on my way.

bobsiesprincess
    Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Litgirl01 [Register to see the link]
    You are a very wise young girl! It is great that at this age you realize all this...you are on your way to great things!! xx
    thank you very much! and i wouldn't have learned all these life lessons if this hadnt happened to me.. every cloud has a silver lining and all that..

summerpeach
    Everything does happen for a reason.
    It was 9 yrs ago when my ex off 11 yrs left me. I thought the world had ended.
    It took me one solid yr to get over it, and when I did, I breathed a sigh of relief knowing he was not the one.
    I can't even imagine being with him now considering he was nothing I really wanted in a person.
    Time does heal and open your eyes.

EyesOnThePrize
    There was a comedienne once who had a joke that was along the lines of "Whenever people tell me 'everything happens for a reason', it sounds too much like 'anything can happen with a razor.'" Sad, but true.

Top Threads
My girlfriend has cut me off after such a brilliant year and my life is in ruins
I am a mid thirties guy from the UK and my girlfriend is also in her early thirties from the US. We met a year ago (Sept 2015) I was living in Dubai
ex sent me nude pics
I've been in no contact for the past months. I blocked him on social networking and it really felt good. It helped me in moving on...and I felt
Still missing him
Hi all, So here I am, just past four months post break up, and nearly three months of 100% NC. I'm trying to do the right things for myself
The pain is unbearable
I have posted here so much about my break up but I have these moments where I just cannot get up. He called today to tell me he was in another state
Forgive but don't forget.......similar to holding resentment?
Hello All, I was having this conversation with a few folks from this board regarding this. This is largely for the ladies on this forum, but
Heartbroken after being used as a rebound.
Hello everyone. :) I'm 20 and I'm a bisexual. I've been in love with girls a few times but it never worked and it also faded quickly too. This year
Request for Ideas
Hello lovely folks. bit of a background who haven't seen any of my threads. gf broke up with me giving me shyte reasons. now i am fending for

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Weird crazy breakup
Here goes. We was together 4 and a half years, lived together for the most of that with her grandparents, yeah moved in pretty quick because of
is my bf racist? is there a future?
I am a bit dumbfounded and confused.. pls comment.. I have been dating my bf for 3 years. I look asian and he looks european. Things have not always
Great conversation but she Ghosted me?!
When I asked for her phone number, she kinda looked at me (the really dude? face). I knew it was over, but seriously it bothers me that we had a
My Girlfriend's Extreme Anger and Dramatic Behavior Are Ruining Our Relationship
This is gonna be a long one. Bear with me.. Okay, so this is my absolute first post on any forum ever. I am a 21 year old male, and I am currently in
Wrapping your head around an incurable condition
How does one do that ? While my condition is not fatal it is incurable and my life quality will steadily deteriorate over time. Most possible will
My mom kept a secret for 28 years
I'm 28 years old, my mom always told me to not sleep around, said she never slept w anyone till she got married, etc. well randomly tonight she tells
Confusing relationship with ex
So my ex and I broke up about 3 months ago. There was a lot of hurt, I was really depressed for the first weeks until I got back on my feet and
Ask For Advice