NC really works! 7 months no contact....she contacted me!

Never posted here before but if I can pull this off anyone can. I screwed this relationship up so bad I can't even believe this girl has gotten back in touch with me. There is hope for everyone! Not saying we are going to get back together.......but friendly e-mails is how it all starts. Here's a little background. We dated for about 10 months, this girl liked me ALOT, and i liked her too but I wasn't ready for a relationship, not emotionally or mentally ready for it. We had alot of great times together and were overall a good fit, but after about the six month mark I started not paying attention to her emotional AND physical needs. just had alot of things going on in my life including opening up my own business. Don't get me wrong, our sexual chemistry was GOOD, but she wasn't getting it as much as she wanted anymore. She started putting up so many sighns and flags that she was getting sick of me and I never paid any attention to it whatsoever. Finally, she dumped me! And i deserved it.......Should have seen it coming but i didn't. A week later, she calls me and tells me she misses me. This is where i really started to screw things up!! I can't even believe I did this but after a few weeks of back and forth "getting back together" talks I got sick of it and snapped, wrote her a horrible e-mail. Like i said, i have no idea what i was thinking!!! I tore into this poor girl. Total idiodic thing to do. She told me she never wanted to talk to me again and jumped into a re-bound relationship a few weeks later. Well......I realized how bad i had screwed up and wrote her an apology letter. Gave it to her with flowers. it was quite a heart fealt letter but i knew in my heart this was over. I had "screwed the pooch" with this relationship. And to tell you the truth, this girl was everything i had ever wanted in my life, sweet, nice, pretty, laid back, fun etc.....just didn't see it when i had her. I was destroyed inside, especially when i knew she went to someone else. But I also knew i deserved it.

Well.....I went into NC after delivering her the letter. I knew in my heart this was OVER, and i mean OVER!!! I would NEVER hear from this girl again. EVER!!!

Ther hasn't been a day gone by in the past 7 months where i didn't miss this girl or think about her, but after a while i moved on and accepted my loss. I knew there was no fixing this one. This is the ONE that got away!

Boy was i wrong. Out of the blue two weeks ago a quick "hi, how are doing" e-mail from her on myspace. I had to re-open it five times to make sure i wasn't dreaming. (By the way, she broke up with her re-bound two months ago, so she's single) anyway, we've been exchanging friendly e-mails for the past two weeks now!!! she's even been mentiontioning fun things we did together as a couple, but again the emails between us are very light and kinda "fun" so far. I'm no relationship expert but this is a good sign. Not saying we're getting back together.........but this is how reconciliation begins.

Now the moral of this story........if me and this girl are talking again, there is hope for everone!!! NC is the only way to go!!! You have to completely remove yourself from the other persons life. Everyone screws up sometimes, and if the other person can't forgive and forget....why would you want to get them back anyway. If me and this girl somehow reconcile.....she truly is an ANGEL for forgiving me!!! I won't be so stupid this time around!!

Hey - I really like that you recognize that you were the one that messed everything up ... I am currently in that kinda situation with my ex bf. He has been nothing but cruel to me. PS: Please read my threads.... of course I would tell you that you are not stupid since you recognized all your faults but I hope that my ex will realize that I tried nothing more than be close to him, while he didnt have a care in the world for me. I felt like that all 6-7 mnths we were together but I never let him go, until HE AFTER DOING EVERYTHING WRONG DUMPED ME! I am stupid!!!! I hope you read my stories and leave me some feedback!!!!! I wish my ex thinks the way you do ,... that he has lost something good. I just would like to wish you the best of luck in the future and maybe for you if not for me it is DESTINY!

OH one more thing!!!! he has dumped me multiple times over and over again mentioning that he doesnt want a serious relationship nor does he have time for it bc of school or work!!!! I felt neglected and left like a piece of doo doo.... for trying so hard!!!

i havn't read your threads yet (i will when i get the chance) but from a guys perspective.......I don't think you've given him time to realize he's lost a good thing. You have to "remove him" from your life completely. This can sometimes take months for someone to realize what they've lost. You can't know what you've lost until it is completely gone. foget him for now, leave him alone....trust me. You'll give him exactly what he wanted, his space........

OH one more thing!!!! he has dumped me multiple times over and over again mentioning that he doesnt want a serious relationship nor does he have time for it bc of school or work!!!! I felt neglected and left like a piece of doo doo.... for trying so hard!!!

You are a victim of a player beautiful.... glad you woke up. Miss me yet? lol

• 10 years later...
Congratulatiohs! I have completed +6 months of NC yesterday January 1st. No communication, however I do not have any ill feelings to wards my ex-wife anymore and my anger has dissipated entirely .

Ten year old thread.

First clue was when he mentioned MySpace lol.

Archived