Ask For Advice

Thread: I'm feeling better now... for how long?

Me and myself
    Silver Member

I'm feeling better now... for how long?

Hey my friends

Last night and today morning I was feeling really sad. Some of you might have read my post about facing my fears and finally, after one and a half year, face my ex at the bar where she is.
    I wrote about feeling ashamed for feeling this way after so long, I wrote about being a burden to my friends. I was feeling really sad and I almost felt like crying. Something I never tought I would ever do again after all this time, at least because of this girl.
    That's when suddenly I started to talk with a co-worker, a really good looking blonde girl, divorced. We started to talk about movies and during this conversation I had the gut instinct that she was silently shouting to me: "Come on dumb ass, ask me out to the movies!".
    This was just my gut telling me this so maybe I was wrong. I didn't made any move and now I'm gently beating myself up.
    Anyway, this feeling was like a magical pill. I know I'm a guy who lacks self-esteem and self-confidence around girls, sometimes I think I'm just a hopeless case and I always need to feel the approval of others. I've been working on this for the last year and in spite of all the improvements I was able to achieve, sometimes I set back a few steps.
    But maybe this need for approval is just a genuine and deserved desire to be loved.
    This simple gut feeling was an instant fix for my sadness. But this emptyness inside is still there, it has been there for so many years that I'm already used to it, it's just part of me. This made me a cold guy, someone who has a lot of difficulties in showing true feelings but when I find someone I can trust and who trust me I become the best lover you can meet, the most caring and attentive guy. That's my real me!!! I'm just too demanding about who deserves to see it. And when people disapoint me I cannot find a balance point. I just cut them from my life. That's the way I am but I suffer a lot when I do that.
    I saw a quote here a few days ago. It was by Marilin Monroe and it says: ""I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    I couldn't believe. That's me, that's how I see things too. This was a really empowering quote. I think I will keep it in a piece of paper, put it in my pocket and give it to my ex if she tries to speak to me when we meet again.
    No, I don't want to do that, I was joking. But that's something I would love to do if I could find the courage.
    No, I don't want to do it because I'm not over her yet but, most important, because it would make me suffer even more than I'm today.

This post might be confusing, it certainly is. Thoughts were coming and I was writting them and I really don't want to revise the text. This is just venting.
    Today, and just for today, I decided to keep NC. Tomorrow is a new day.

tazthecat

Well the way I see it, your more in control of yourself than you think. you came here, typed up what you were feeling, and vented..One of the most common mistakes we make when perceiving our "healing",is doubt..Just because we are still feeling awkward or nostalgic, doesn't mean we aren't moving on..
    And as for not listening to your gut and asking this woman out, maybe right now isn't the perfect time..fear of rejection can kill off an already bruised ego, this I know.
    Just keep the faith and give yourself the time..I think you'll do just fine in the confidence department.

Top Threads
Should I delete my ex husband in Facebook?
The title says it all. We dated for 3 years married for4 and divorced in 2007. All he does is post pictures of him and his girlfriend and has a band
Why do I love someone so terrible?
Where do I start..... I absolutely fell in love with him and it happened unintentionally. All of my friends and family keep telling me I deserve
Can't stop hurting
Sorry ladies and gents, I'm one of these people now who need to vent, - months and months after the break-up. I don't understand why it has to
Is this normal?
I've been NC with the love of my life for about 4 months now. At times I feel like I'm between the "depression" stage and "acceptance" stage, but
Dating detox...thoughts?
I never used to believe that people should wait until they are completely healed from something before embarking on the next similar "thing." This
Does no contact ever work?
So long story short, I was used, stood up multiple times, lied to, and played by the same guy in a short amount of time. I allowed it because I had
Why Would One Delete/Hide Their Match.com Account?
I'm pretty sure you know why I ask, so judge away. He had account for 6 months, activity drastically dropped off as of two weeks ago. Today

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Dating younger guy 24 years difference
I am 50 yrs old dating a 26 yrs old guy. We been dating each other for a couple months things are great between us. He told me he will always be
Boyfriend gets very angry if I mention his ex, is this normal?
Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 5months. He broke up with his ex and a year and a half ago. 7 months after they
Should I let my boyfriend stay overnight with his friends?
Hi there. Firstly thank you for reading this post. I am a new member to this forum, and also will soon be new immigrant of the UK so basically there
Is this abuse?
Iím desperate for some advice. Iíve been with my partner for nearly 2 years and everything has been ok, except from when he drinks. I really do not
Is there hope for me?
Me and my girlfriend of two years had been talking about moving in together lately. We didn't actually go look at any place in person, but browsed a
Bringing up trust issues at the start of a new relationship? My situation...
Haven't been on these boards since my last break up a couple years ago, and here I am about to begin a new relationship with feelings from the last
Whats my next move - Dating a girl fresh out of a relationship
Hey guys, So heres the deal. Met a girl in class and I asked her out. Her answer was "maybe" because she didn't want to say no to me but just
Ask For Advice