Ask For Advice

Thread: I'm feeling better now... for how long?

Me and myself
    Silver Member

I'm feeling better now... for how long?

Hey my friends

Last night and today morning I was feeling really sad. Some of you might have read my post about facing my fears and finally, after one and a half year, face my ex at the bar where she is.
    I wrote about feeling ashamed for feeling this way after so long, I wrote about being a burden to my friends. I was feeling really sad and I almost felt like crying. Something I never tought I would ever do again after all this time, at least because of this girl.
    That's when suddenly I started to talk with a co-worker, a really good looking blonde girl, divorced. We started to talk about movies and during this conversation I had the gut instinct that she was silently shouting to me: "Come on dumb ass, ask me out to the movies!".
    This was just my gut telling me this so maybe I was wrong. I didn't made any move and now I'm gently beating myself up.
    Anyway, this feeling was like a magical pill. I know I'm a guy who lacks self-esteem and self-confidence around girls, sometimes I think I'm just a hopeless case and I always need to feel the approval of others. I've been working on this for the last year and in spite of all the improvements I was able to achieve, sometimes I set back a few steps.
    But maybe this need for approval is just a genuine and deserved desire to be loved.
    This simple gut feeling was an instant fix for my sadness. But this emptyness inside is still there, it has been there for so many years that I'm already used to it, it's just part of me. This made me a cold guy, someone who has a lot of difficulties in showing true feelings but when I find someone I can trust and who trust me I become the best lover you can meet, the most caring and attentive guy. That's my real me!!! I'm just too demanding about who deserves to see it. And when people disapoint me I cannot find a balance point. I just cut them from my life. That's the way I am but I suffer a lot when I do that.
    I saw a quote here a few days ago. It was by Marilin Monroe and it says: ""I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    I couldn't believe. That's me, that's how I see things too. This was a really empowering quote. I think I will keep it in a piece of paper, put it in my pocket and give it to my ex if she tries to speak to me when we meet again.
    No, I don't want to do that, I was joking. But that's something I would love to do if I could find the courage.
    No, I don't want to do it because I'm not over her yet but, most important, because it would make me suffer even more than I'm today.

This post might be confusing, it certainly is. Thoughts were coming and I was writting them and I really don't want to revise the text. This is just venting.
    Today, and just for today, I decided to keep NC. Tomorrow is a new day.

tazthecat

Well the way I see it, your more in control of yourself than you think. you came here, typed up what you were feeling, and vented..One of the most common mistakes we make when perceiving our "healing",is doubt..Just because we are still feeling awkward or nostalgic, doesn't mean we aren't moving on..
    And as for not listening to your gut and asking this woman out, maybe right now isn't the perfect time..fear of rejection can kill off an already bruised ego, this I know.
    Just keep the faith and give yourself the time..I think you'll do just fine in the confidence department.

Top Threads
Married man drama !
So I met this guy through work and he is really handsome and amazing . Ok maybe not so amazing anymore . I noticed that he had a ring on his finger
Question about the ex and step kids
Hey guys. Its been a month since my ex split from a almost 7 year relationship. I helped raise her 2 kids meetin them at the ages of 18 months and
Did seeing a therapist actually help you?
I was unable to navigate this site well enough to find posts about this. I'm debating on whether or not I should pursue it for depression triggered
No, I will not reply, no matter what it is! Once things are done, it's done!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11435[/ATTACH] Tu h kya ye? = Is that you? I am not going to reply him, so I am replying to it here :p Pretty weird how he
Tips to relief anxiety
Hey all, I was wondering if any of you have any tips for dealing or relieving the anxiety that we all feel after a breakup? How do you cope with
How to accept or is there hope
Let me give a little back story. My boyfriend of 17 years and I have had a great relationship. Very few disagreements and usually on the same page
Do you ever feel like the odd one out ?
So I was in a meeting at work today with around 20 of my collegues of all ages ... from people in their 30's to people in their 60's. Looking around

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My boyfriend doesn't text me as much anymore?
My boyfriend would text me everyday all day and now he won't text me first anymore or at all sometimes. Last night he stopped replying to my text so
Is she the rebound
If he leaves a 17 year relationship to date his High School Sweetheart from 32 years ago, is she a rebound ?
I want to break NC after almost 2 months to invite my ex gf to a concert
We have been in NC for almost 2 months after being together for 6 years. She stopped responding to a text i sent her. I saw she was interested in
Online dating, and why it doesn't work well for most men
We discussed this before, and for some reason people got personal and mean about it. So I have no intention of returning to this thread, but I wanted
PLEASE HELP, boyfriend talks to mom 4-5 times per day, very odd relationship....
Hi guys, Always been hesitant to post my personal business online. Anyways... here it goes... So my boyfriend is amazing...(just to throw this
Hurtful joking
My bf jokes about things that are very hurtful. Today was probably one of the most hurtful. He tried to grab my breasts and he does this a lot. He's
He dumped me and won't return my stuff
So I was seeing a guy for a short amount of time. Out of the blue....he blocked me? Fair enough, I get the message, I think it's rude but
Ask For Advice