How To Find Out If/when Someone Had A Baby?

Lady Bugg

I am curious to find out if a man from my pasts current wife ended up having her baby..he SUPPOSEDLY married her last year after finding out she was pregnant . I am guessing she would have probably had the baby by now if it were true.

Is there a way I could find out if I know the mothers first and last name?

And who would I contact?

And there is no reason I need to know....it's just morbid curiosity...

(PLUS I want to find out if he's just a liar).

Do newspapers still publish a log of births/marriage licenses and so forth? Perhaps a search of the local newspaper's website archives would turn up something.

I'm not sure if it is standard for newspapers to do this anymore. In my area they only post weddings and birth announcements if you pay and send in the information yourself. When my son was born we did not send anything in and as a result it was never in the paper.

But the city/town's vital records office would have a record of the birth since a birth certificate would be issued from there.

Well, there are ways to find out. But besides the morbid curiosity and that he might be a liar, don't you think you should let this go?

You see, knowing won't really answer anything.

If she hasn't had the baby, and she never does, it doesn't mean he was lying.

She could have misscarried for all you know.

So you walk away thinking, "yes, i knew he was a liar" when in-fact he wasn't.

If she has had the baby, then he isn't a liar.

I just don't think for you moving forward and healing properly you need to be worrying about these things.

Birth certificates now are private records. I had a friend whose husband cheated on her and knocked up his girlfriend. The wife found out later through a private detective following him that he was visiting a woman with an infant, and in the divorce, she had to put up a big fight to subpoena the child's birth certificate to prove her husband had committed adultery and was the baby's father.

But i think the easiest way if you know their address is to just have someone go sit outside their house in a car... check out their car for a baby seat, or watch to see if a baby comes out of the house in a stroller or with the parents.

This is exactly the reason why we did not put a birth announcement in the paper when our son was born. (I think I've watched too many Lifetime movies about baby-snatchers)

Yea, that's the same reason we chose not to do that as well. Too many psycho's out there. We didn't even put up all the baby announcement decorations and such when my son came home from the hospital at my house. Maybe i'm overly paranoid but I wasn't taking any chances.

Yea, that's the same reason we chose not to do that as well. Too many psycho's out there. We didn't even put up all the baby announcement decorations and such when my son came home from the hospital at my house. Maybe i'm overly paranoid but I wasn't taking any chances.

LOL- same here. There were no blue balloons tied to my fence.

But I doubt Lady Bugg wants their baby. lol

-After few nights of sleep deprivation and I'd be giving that stolen kid back in a hurry!

I do agree with the others who have said, that wanting to find out is probably not best for Lady Bugg's healing process.

i think sometimes finding this kind of thing out CAN make it easier to get over a breakup... not stalking of course, but just getting the information you need to put something to rest.

the woman i mentioned who subpoenaed the birth certificate had been in a puzzling marriage for a long time... her husband was gone a lot, and spending money that was close to bankrupting them, long story. discovering that he had a mistress and a baby and had been lying to her and the mistress (telling the mistress he was separated and only living at home for the kids sake, when that was untrue) explained a LOT to her, and helped her get over him and move on.

Sometimes a real eye opener helps shock the person out of any residual guilt or wondering if they did the right thing to do with a breakup. But of course once the information is known, time to move on.

the hospitals around here have it online, you can go in and type in the mother's name and look it up, even gives you a baby picture if they chose to do so...you could look up the area hospitals and see if they have that service...I do agree though that delving into that stuff keeps you from moving on

Most hospitals have it to where you have to have a password in order to view anything like that though.

Archived