Hear Ye Men: Yet another blasted thread about hair removal "down there"

tiredofvampires

I reluctantly erect this thread on the heels of a couple of other very similar ones lately that have raised a question that another poster and I are currently debating. And so far we haven't gotten a clear answer on what the populace actually feels about this issue.

The issue is that some women (such as yours truly) in the world have opted out of the herd mentality that says I must shave, wax or alter my netheregions to be sexually desirable enough to "engage with." And having followed the consensus of men's opinions about going as it were "au naturelle" (as well as women's, though theirs are not relevant to my sex life), it seems to be quite unacceptable for many. I have taken from many a comment that a man would commence to leave the bedroom were he to unearth an undoctored, unmanicured "bush". While examples of posters saying this explicitly are harder to find, the implications here of such have been plenty, as I see it.

My "opponent" believes I've overstated the hardline position men have taken on this. So I would like to ask the straightforward question more directly than has been done:

If you started to date a girl you found promising as a partner romantically, and when it came time to reveal her birthday suit, you saw that she was "au naturelle" and she wanted to keep it that way, would that kill the relationship for you, either by your ending it or finding it so unattractive that you couldn't move past it?

[And for clarification, "au naturelle" means touching up just enough so that the hair would not sprawl outside the binkini lines, but other than that, the actual mound and inner parts are left untouched, unshaved, untrimmed. Also, she is well-groomed in all other ways, bathes daily at least once, soaps the area and is always clean.]

Sorry to belabor the point, but we have just been unclear about whether this state of affairs would be a dealbreaker for men, and how important or determinant that choice on a woman's part would be for a man.

Thanks in advance for your comments, gents!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, Im just happy to be at that stage! hair or not, wouldn't make no mind to me.

My personal take on this was several years ago I was seeing a girl, she was petite - maybe 102 pounds, quite thin (OK, no breasts, no hips) when we got nekkid I discovered that she was also totally shaved. The first thing I thought was "OMG you're a 12 year old girl". She wasn't of course but her body appeared to be that way and I got kinda freaked out. It was not a successful evening.

I think desiring hair or shaved might be an age thing. Guys born in the 80s like no hair, guys born earlier (like myself) think hair is normal. Pick up a "penthouse" or whatever from that era - all those girls come with hair.

In summary - not a deal breaker. Whatever she wants to do basically but I like the hair.

100% dead. i might do it that one time, because i'd be horny at that point. but dating? uh uh. no way. absolutely not. that would not turn me on knowing that.

i'd be out to dinner and all i would think was that. especially when the waiter comes back and asks how the salad was. barf*

Interesting choice of words "state of affairs" to some, seeing a woman in the au naturelle "state" might result in affairs LOL.

You pose an interesting question...I wonder how many people will answer honestly. I also wonder if the turn off would be directly related to the amount of time actually spent with the person prior to having sex for the first time with them.

I think desiring hair or shaved might be an age thing. Guys born in the 80s like no hair, guys born earlier (like myself) think hair is normal. Pick up a "penthouse" or whatever from that era - all those girls come with hair.

Not a guy, but I think Clem makes a FANTASTIC point that shouldn't be overlooked.

that's not always the case. well, i guess you have more morals than i do.

haha this cracks me up...

Coming from a girl's point of view, it's the same for me--if a guy has too much hair down there (like doesn't at least trim it), it's disgusting to me and thereforeeee turns me off. I realize that's not the question that was asked, but for the sake of staying on topic and just so I could tell Ghost that he made me laugh with that, I needed to add to the subject!

I reluctantly erect this thread on the heels of a couple of other very similar ones lately that have raised a question that another poster and I are currently debating. And so far we haven't gotten a clear answer on what the populace actually feels about this issue.

There is no way i can take a post seriously that has the word "erect" in the first sentence.

ROFLMAO.

Now mind you, apparently i cuold take it seriously if it was just about shaven pubes.

Okay, i just posted for kicks and giggles.

Seriously tho, I can't believe this could be a deal breaker. I can see why it would be a preference for a lot of guys...i do see that. But really really liking a girl and that being a reason to not date her any longer..wow that seems bizarre.

I am not keen on guys who shave their legs, like the body builders and such, but if i really liked the guy no way could this be a deal breaker.

Mr. Bear votes nay, with caveat: militant adherence to any position on any matter so ostensibly trivial and negotiable may, in and of itself, give rise to the questioning of the potential for lubricated compatibility.

I concur. And I am proud I didn't even need a thesaurus, or even to guess, to comprehend that fully. There is something to be said for being literate - even to the point of being frighteningly so, I which I admire. heh

This is like the fourth one in just the last week. Wow.

But, very interested to see the results! ahaha

Too bad about the age concentration being 20s and up though. Naturally I am more concerned about my peers' potential thoughts on this.

Yes, and I regret the seeming redundancy of the topic.

However, I do believe some interesting results may come of it, in terms of understanding the demographics of "beauty" in this regard.

I concur. And I am proud I didn't even need a thesaurus, or even to guess, to comprehend that fully. There is something to be said for being literate - even to the point of being frighteningly so, I which I admire. heh

It doesn't take literacy to understand DB, just a skinny dip into the side of where the strange and dubious hangout. LOL heehee

Mr. Bear votes nay, with caveat: militant adherence to any position on any matter so ostensibly trivial and negotiable may, in and of itself, give rise to the questioning of the potential for lubricated compatibility.

And I fully concur with the sentiment of this; yet I must say that despite appearances of full-fledged obsession on this admittedly relative trivial matter, I do feel that wherein a matter has more global implications for self-perception and esteem, as well as societal pressures put upon people to adhere to a bodily "ideal", more insidious and serious considerations do impact the individual as well as the collective psyche, deleteriously. This being yet another extension of ever-increasing plasticization of the human form, I as a great admirer do take some umbrage with the aesthetic pressure of this faddish brainwashing; and speaking more personally from the heart, it has just alarmed me to think that with all the insecurities I have carried in my life about my body and successfully come to terms with as a woman, now believing it is "how you carry yourself" and who you are that makes you desirable, the evidence I've seen here presented here to the contrary -- that you might possess all the charm and charisma in the world, but if not a razor's edge, you fail miserably and are labelled "gross" -- then now this becomes less trivial. It then becomes a question, and a more serious one it seems, of how, where and when the priorities of youth (if not older men) in their sense of love and sex have degenerated, quite literally.

So, I beg the pardon of anyone who feels this a trivial matter, I do sympathize. But if I and other women are being told that they are unfit as mating partners because they get itchy, irritated and miserable shaving, that is not so trivial.

That is my only real impetus. I am militant that people not be militant sometimes, sorry 'bout that.

It really depends on the guy. Everyone has different preferences.

No, woman are not required to shave down there to be sexy. But some guys prefer it. And some guys prefer natural.

You could take a survey and ask men what color eyes they prefer. Most of them would probably say blue or green. Does that mean I can only date the 10% who preferred brown? No. Maybe for some it's a deal breaker. But for someone who really cares about me, wouldn't care and still find me attractive.

I have never liked facial hair. When I met my boyfriend he was clean shaven. From one month into our relationship to now- a year later, he has had a goatee. I find him to be the most attractive man in the world. Sometimes it bothers me when we kiss. When he goes down on me it will rub against there and hurt a little bit, but I don't care because it's part of who he is, and I would never ask him to shave for any reason. Because it's what HE wants, and I love him with or without it.

my point is, it shouldn't matter. You don't want to shave. Don't. Don't feel you are less sexy. I know guys who prefer natural and guys that prefer shaved. If you were with a guy who didn't like it or said something..then he's not the right guy for you. the right guy wouldn't care either way.

It's like this...IMHO.

If you are dating a guy you love and he has this preference, he really likes it shaven, and asks you if you would try it....would you? For me personally i am all about doing things for the person i am with and hoping he would do the same. If i am with someone who doesn't mind going that extra mile for me if it is something i really like i have no problem going the extra mile in return. To me it is called compromise and keeping the relationship interesting.

If the thing he prefers is a real problem for me as in it causes moral dilemma or i have strong feelings about it, i'd let him know hey i'd really rather not. Otherwise, shaving isn't a big deal to me and i'd say okay sure, why not. This is actually a non issue for me however as I prefer it that way myself. But i am talking in general here as in preferences and if i would do things knowing he had that preference. I would always go the extra mile if i didn't have strong feelings about it.

That is just how I am. Everyone has their own parimeters.

I can surely say that if a guy has a preference and makes the request, if it goes against my values then i will let him know that - respectfully of course - and if he says well it's a dealbreaker than i'll grab his keys and get his coat for him and tell him bye bye.

Archived