How would you feel?

barbielovesmac

Now, aside from my mess. Let me ask you all this question.

Would it be OKAY with you, if your partner was "running" with another boy/girl? Lets not say it's a girl your SO cheated on you with. Someone he claims is a 'friend'

Why or why not? Explain.

Answer aside from my problem, how that would make you feel. Is that appropriate in a relationship?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barbie...

Are you asking if it would be okay with my if my partner went out jogging with a member of the opposit sex?

Answer = NO WAY.

Why? Because that's how "affairs" start...they start "innocently" enough.

There are enough people of the "same sex" they can jog with.

Is this "just a question" or is your BF jogging with a chick??????

If he is, in my book, that is not acceptable, and you should definitely have a discussion with him.

~Allie

I probably wouldn't have a problem with it but I'd like to meet the person. This is such a subjective question, though... it all comes down to each persons' character and whether or not they've ever given you any reason to distrust them. If your relationship is stable and loving, it doesn't matter. The whole "this is how affairs happen" isn't because of this situation, it's because something is flawed in YOUR relationship.

I 100% trust my girlfriend and if she had a running buddy... or in her case, a tennis partner that was male... it wouldn't bother me at all. Though I have to admit that a male partner would be under a microscope more than a female partner would be. I'd make sure to let my g/f know that ANY weird behavior would be suspect.

then the problem is he is hiding the fact he is running with her...still pooor form

consider that he is hiding it because he doesnt want to upset her when there is nothing going on...

that makes sense. i mean if you knew you were going to get yelled and 'complained' at for something that didnt really matter, would you say anything?? i wouldnt.

personally its jogging. Jogging is a hobby. i wouldnt crucify anyone for happening to share the same hobby with potentially the opposite sex.

I think that is just a poor move and an insecure thing to do to someone who wants to persue it.

I think you are wrong to be worried and you shouldnt have asked him NOT to jog just because women would be present.

Thats just like telling someone they cant go to the mall because peanuts are going to be there.. it doesnt mean he is going to eat the peanuts.. calm down.

Would it be OKAY with you, if your partner was "running" with another boy/girl? Lets not say it's a girl your SO cheated on you with. Someone he claims is a 'friend'

Why or why not? Explain.

Answer aside from my problem, how that would make you feel. Is that appropriate in a relationship?

I would have no problem with my fiance running with a female friend. Just as I expect he would not care if I went running with a male friend.

If he had cheated on me we would no longer be together so that would not be an issue. I couldn't be with someone I had to police, follow, snoop on, and check out constantly. I don't need or want that kind of nonsense in my life- there is no place for it.

I trust him because we have been honest with each other, are respectful to one another, and we don't try to control one another.

I have no reason not to trust him because he is honest, open and his actions are consistent with his words, and he's never given me reason not to trust him.

Barbie...

Are you asking if it would be okay with my if my partner went out jogging with a member of the opposit sex?

Answer = NO WAY.

Why? Because that's how "affairs" start...they start "innocently" enough.

There are enough people of the "same sex" they can jog with.

Is this "just a question" or is your BF jogging with a chick??????

If he is, in my book, that is not acceptable, and you should definitely have a discussion with him.

~Allie

This opens the question can a man and a woman be just friends?

I have found that when one partner tries to control the other in a relationship and to decide who they can and can't spend time with, that relationship has a very small chance of surviving. Who wants to date their mother/father?

It also begs the question, if you can't trust your partner, why are you with them?

Barbie, you expressed you did not want him to do this, and whereas I think its really nasty and ridiculous that he's done it behind your back, he may have done it to avoid upsetting you or causing unnecessary confrontation and moaning if you will.

My boyfriend confessed to me recently there are things he does'nt tell me about girls because of my insecurity and that he knows how I will react, he's right. But then my boyfriend has not cheated on me, and I assume that yours did?

Really horrible move on his part, disrespectful and plain insulting if he has cheated before. He should have more consideration ands you need to pull him up on it.

It could also be a culture thing. This is considered an insult to a marriage where I am from. To be out and about with one man is something a married woman just doesn't do, out of respect for her family.

When casually dating someone that would be considered fine, but once married...not a chance. Just our thing around these woods, considered silly by some I'm sure.

This opens the question can a man and a woman be just friends?

I have found that when one partner tries to control the other in a relationship and to decide who they can and can't spend time with, that relationship has a very small chance of surviving. Who wants to date their mother/father?

It also begs the question, if you can't trust your partner, why are you with them?

Hope,

I am not the right person to ask this question to...

I can't take an objective view at this time...I am coming out of a marriage where my husband cheated on me with so many woman that he lost track. And one of them was with a woman he claimed was "just a friend." So, I am a bit jaded on this. Or, maybe it will be forever my opinion.

Also, did you see Barbie's other thread? This looks like "more than innocent jogging here...."

It could also be a culture thing. This is considered an insult to a marriage where I am from. To be out and about with one man is something a married woman just doesn't do, out of respect for her family.

When casually dating someone that would be considered fine, but once married...not a chance. Just our thing around these woods, considered silly by some I'm sure.

Perhaps it is a cultural thing?

I am not casually dating my fiance, we have lived together for 5.5 years and are getting married this year.

Perhaps I am an exception to the rule, but I just don't see the point in trying to control someone or tell them who they can spend time with. If I felt I had to tell my fiance who to spend time with, that would mean I don't trust him, and I wounldn't be with him in that case. My guy has some female friends and I am OK with that. Thinking about it, most of them are married or in committed relationships themselves. Maybe it's our age, our experience, maybe it's being comfortable in ourselves and with ourselves and each other, maybe it's because at this point in our lives most of us are married or seriously involved with someone.

Yes, Allie, I did see Barbie's other thread and I posted on it. I agree that this is not an isolated incident for Barbie and I think this is much more to do with 'jogging'. Her boyfriend has cheated on her and has lied to her and is dishonest and disrespectful towards her and she is insecure and controlling of him- the relationship is completely dysfunctional and she has no reason to trust him or be with him at this point.

But she wasn't asking about her specific situation in this thread- she was asking if as a general rule would I be OK with my fiance running with another woman. And I wouldn't care- because my situation is very different than Barbie's in that I trust my fiance because he has proven to me with consistent words and actions over the last 5 years that he is trustworthy, and that he loves and respects me and I am the only woman in his life intimately.

okay i just hit up your past thread...

"and it's not like i think he is only doing track so that he can cheat on me, i just don't want him around all those stinking girls ... girls ... girls. that's opportunity. they go out out of town trips .... all together ... overnight trips and i don't like that AT ALL."

"the real reason i don't want him running track is because i have this sick feeling that the 'girl from all my past threads' is running also. and that thought makes me ILL. it makes me absolutely ill. im not insecure with just 'any girl.' it's HER . .. it's HER! now, i don't know that she is on the team, but she's been on the team before ... so there is NO DOUBT in my mind that she is now."

barbie.. in one single post.. you went from, i have a feeling, i am not sure.. to.. I KNOW FOR A FACT.

that is pretty darn unstable for one post. you have major trust issues because of your past, this guy isnt helping out in that department regardless if he is guilty or innocent of what you feel..

and yet you two want to get married?!

thats probably going to be a very very bad decision.

Wouldn't matter to me if he had sex with her or not. It's cheating in my book.

What is, going jogging with another female?

Wow.

You can't be the only woman in your partners life, but you can be the only woman he loves.

I think again, this all just boils down to trust. If you think that your boyfriend will forget everything about you two, and end up with another woman by doing something as simple as going jogging together, then he is either a complete and utter rat, or you have trust issues.

I think at the end of the day, its down to you to decide if you trust him or not.

Why or why not? Explain.

I take back what I said on your previous thread. You are NOT overreacting to THIS situation. I would NEVER EVER be ok with my boyfriend spending time with another woman and keeping it from me. EVER. Its NOT okay, its NEVER ok.

You deserve better. I know its hard to leave someone you love, even when they've hurt you, but YOU DESERVE BETTER. He's NOT good enough for you. And quite frankly, you're waaaaay too pretty for him. You seem waaaay out of his league.

Archived