Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Degenerative Disc Disease at the age of 23...

I know it must be tough hun. But you've got that cheery optimistic spark about you usually, so try to keep hold of that ok.

Remember, its not ''what life have i got'' but, ''what life can i build?''

Originally Posted by stoplight
    Angel... all I know is I want to help you around the house we you need it... And I hope god can get his head out of his ass and reverse the effects of your problems because you're such a nice person.
    lol you have a way of putting things That made me chuckle.

Originally Posted by girl friend
    I know it must be tough hun. But you've got that cheery optimistic spark about you usually, so try to keep hold of that ok.

Remember, its not ''what life have i got'' but, ''what life can i build?''
    So true girl friend, I am still walking on the path forward, it just got a little bumpy on the way.

Thanks for your uplifting words, they truly help *hugs*

Thanks hun!

Keep going, you will get there and be so much stronger because of it. Just look at your little guy's smile and you will know that everythings gonna be ok.

Remember "Our problems are as real as the mind makes them". A positive outlook is EVERYTHING.

And you're doing great!

Its easy to be so optimistic when your free from pain with no problems. But for you, with all this against you, your positive outlook is so valuable, because you have had so much against you, and you don't just sit back and give up, or decide to be a jerk back to life. We're lucky to know you.

girl friend x

You give such great advice girl friend

When I see my son's smile it is like I can conquer anything for him. I honestly don't know where I would be now if my son wasn't here with me.

What you said is so true. Being in chronic pain makes it all the more harder to be optimistic about life. As it can be like acid eating away at you... you have to fight it and say you are better then it. I tell myself everyday that I may be sick and have many health problems BUT it will not destroy me.

Sometimes it is hard, sometimes I can be a b****. I do try my best though to stay positive.

Yesterday I discovered I had shingles to go along with everything else. It HURTS like a son of a.......

It might help you to read about Joni Eareckson Tada who was injured in a diving accident when she was 17. I have arthritis in my knees and I thought that was bad until I re-read Mrs. Tada's biography which I'll put a link up for you to read. She just has such a beautiful spirit.

link removed

Hope this helps you and I pray and hope that you feel better.

to answer your question, I am 26 years old and I have degenerative disc disease that's compressing either one or more nerves. it causes constant muscle spasms for me. every single day I am in PAIN like nobody understands. this disease has taken over my life. it is so debilitating. people don t understand when i say I can't work. u held a full-time job for 8 years and I had to quit and I have been home for 1 year now due to this. I can barely make it out of bed some days. most of the time I'm using topical creams or pain killers all of which do not help. I've now been given muscle relaxers and even that doesn't help. they are all temporary relief for something that is causing me pain day in day out. for someone who is actually living with this, I can tell you that exercise only does so much and after a while it stops helping to. I've been doing stretches I've gone to physiotherapy. and nothing helps.
    of course it depends on which discs we are talking about. the pain I mostly experience goes from the shoulders to the neck and down to both arms. some days I can't bare the pain and I'm in tears. that's just me though for everyone it's different. I just want this to go away I have always been an active person who loves to work but since this happened I can't even work. I feel useless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice