LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiny bumps on lips?

Tiny bumps on lips?

When I was in high school, two of my friends--at the same time--used my chapstick and I, grossly enough, used it after them.

Not long afterward, I developed very tiny, closely-clustered bumps on my upper and lower lips. They seem to concentrate on the outer edges of my lips.

Other people can't see the bumps and I can only see them if I look very close in a mirror. I can, however, feel them with my tongue and when I rub my lips together--my lips just feel a bit rough in the area where the bumps are.

They don't itch, there's no "liquid" in them and they're more or less clear.

I just have no idea what they are. People keep telling me that they're a form of oral herpes (yum...), but they don't just appear out of nowhere.

I've had them just a handful of times over the past five or six years. And they ONLY appear AFTER someone has used my chapstick (and yes, I know it's kinda gross to use other people's chapstick, but I've pretty much only ever done it when my lips were severely chapped--not fun).

Anyway--does anyone have any idea what they are?

sounds like herpes to me.

Originally Posted by Mythical_Suicide
    sounds like herpes to me.
    It's NOT herpes. Believe me, I've looked into that. I don't have ANY of the symptoms listed below (thank God).

Oral Herpes Symptoms ( link removed )

Incubation period: For oral herpes, the amount of time between contact with the virus and the appearance of symptoms, the incubation period, is 2-12 days. Most people average about 4 days.

Duration of illness: Signs and symptoms will last 2-3 weeks. Fever, tiredness, muscle aches, and irritability may occur.

Pain, burning, tingling, or itching occurs at the infection site before the sores appear. Then clusters of blisters erupt. These blisters break down rapidly and, when seen, appear as tiny, shallow, gray ulcers on a red base. A few days later, they become crusted or scabbed and appear drier and more yellow

perhaps going to see a dermatologist would be a good thing to do, considering that you are unsure what it is, and that it has been ongoing (several years).

Silver Member princess_summer_blue84's Avatar
    Originally Posted by WalkinOnSunshine
    It's NOT herpes. Believe me, I've looked into that. I don't have ANY of the symptoms listed below (thank God).

Oral Herpes Symptoms ( link removed )

Incubation period: For oral herpes, the amount of time between contact with the virus and the appearance of symptoms, the incubation period, is 2-12 days. Most people average about 4 days.

Duration of illness: Signs and symptoms will last 2-3 weeks. Fever, tiredness, muscle aches, and irritability may occur.

Pain, burning, tingling, or itching occurs at the infection site before the sores appear. Then clusters of blisters erupt. These blisters break down rapidly and, when seen, appear as tiny, shallow, gray ulcers on a red base. A few days later, they become crusted or scabbed and appear drier and more yellow
    I agree with this poster. Dude you honestly have oral herpes. Sorry to say but ............ GET SOME MEDICAL ATTETION and.......... STOP USING CHAPSTICK AFTER PPL.

Originally Posted by princess_summer_blue84
    GET SOME MEDICAL ATTETION

you don't need to seek medical attention because you have cold sores.

The only symptoms I have when I have a cold sore , is just what you described. A patch of tiny white bumps on my lip. Its very rare that they itch, hurt, whatever and if I leave them alone they usually don't form into blisters. I really think you have oral herpes. Even if this isn't a cold sore this time you probably already have the Herpes Simplex Virus in your body as nearly everyone has it, some just don't have outbreaks so the whole disgusted "Thank god" Comment really may not be necessary.

Silver Member princess_summer_blue84's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Mythical_Suicide
    you don't need to seek medical attention because you have cold sores.
    No I should know what I'm talking about here and this is def. oral herpes! I've tooken medical class's and this is what it really sounds like. Not to mention ............. to the poster of this thread is your throat getting a little scratchy?

There is no reason to seek medical attention if it's a cold sore/Oral Herpes.

These are mild cases of oral herpes. It doesn't always look like your lip is going to rot off. Very rarely have I ever had a cold sore that goes beyond these little white bumps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice