LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiny bumps on lips?

Silver Member princess_summer_blue84's Avatar
    Herpes is Herpes! Very contageious! What if this person just so happens drink after some one else. Or........... Kiss's someone not saying they would but........... still it's best to seek medical attetion ASAP.

Most people in this world have the Herpes Simplex Virus or has been exposed to it. Nothing a doctor can do, yes it is highly contagious but guess what.. There isn't anything a doctor can do. The only thing you should do is avoid touching the bumps, kissing, drinking, etc after others. THere is nothing to freak out and rush to the doctor over.

Oral herpes or cold sores, there is no difference, just two different strains. They are highly contagious if the blisters break and can be spread by YES sharing a chap stick. You're probably exposed then. Each time you get the bumps, if you felt a tingling sensation at the site then you have a cold sore.

No medical attention is necessary unless you have a lot of outbreaks in which an anti-viral can be prescribed by your doctor to lessen them. Once you catch the HSV-1, you catch it for life. When you don't have a breakout, it lies dormant in your cells until something triggers it (ie, too much sun exposure or stress, and etc...).
    Last edited by Syren; 02-21-2008 at 12:53 AM.

Do you keep using the same type of chapstick

Silver Member
    well just make sure you dont share.. i was going to bring up warts, but i guess it could be a mild case, thats something you need to talk to a doctor about when it pops up again. because everyone can go running around putting guesses on here that may not even be true and just freak you out!

you also NEVER share make up, especially eye or lip.

Do not worry it is not herpes the condition is called Fordyce granules and it is present 20% of children, 30% of adolescents, and 70% to 80% of adults.Treatment is usually unnecessary. If the patient finds it necessary, superficial carbon dioxide laser ablation can remove cosmetically disfiguring lesions. There is no harm in them and you said you could only see them when you're extremely close.

Originally Posted by docmd22
    Do not worry it is not herpes the condition is called Fordyce granules and it is present 20% of children, 30% of adolescents, and 70% to 80% of adults.Treatment is usually unnecessary. If the patient finds it necessary, superficial carbon dioxide laser ablation can remove cosmetically disfiguring lesions. There is no harm in them and you said you could only see them when you're extremely close.
    I do not know why the hell so many people say: Ahh don't worry it's just FORDYCE. It's just as nasty! WHO wants to have sandpaper lips that can be seen and felt that way when they kiss?? IT SUCKS.

Two days ago I began to feel my lips getting dry, especially my upper lip. I've never had herpes but I did and do have acne. Moderate or mild. So I started Retin A about two weeks ago but did not notice any difference in my lips until these three or four days ago.

So yesterday night I started looking closlier to my lip, my upper lip I streched it and there are like tiiiny bumps, skin coloured or almost lip coloured somewher in between.

I will go to the doctor and keep you updated. For now I just HOPE IT"S NOT FORDYCE. Because guess what for Fordyce there is NO tretament, for herpes there is. So funny enough for you guys I just hope it';s herpes instead or just some bacterial infection.
    It can also be a food reaction but not sure it's my case.

Genital herpes is a disease caused by a virus and it is more common in women than in men. It is so widespread that every one woman out of four women in the United States has it. Genital herpes is most commonly spread by during sexual intercourse and as long as it is transferred it is impossible to recover from it completely. It stays with you all your life. There are times of complications, when herpes is triggered by some external or internal factor, such as stress or weakened immune system.

10. 05-05-2011, 12:03 PM

Reason
    disrespectful

Originally Posted by I_want_to
    I will go to the doctor and keep you updated.
    update please

This thread is more than 3 years old guys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice