My Boyfriend Wants Me to Sit on His Lap....My Concern...

ashley001

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 months and while we're cuddling/making out he'll say, "Hey, sit on my lap"...I've thrown my legs over his legs (with my butt still on the seat), but he wants my butt on his legs/crotch area...

i don't have a problem with sitting on his legs, but here's the thing, he's probably 110 lbs...if that...and super skinny (he's a runner and works out hardcore)...and i'm about 140 (pretty average size girl with a little meat on her bones...)...i will admit to being self-conscious...I haven't done it yet because I don't want to crush him or be super heavy on his lap...I'm a little inexperienced in this, and I want to sit on his lap, i just don't want to crush him...

anyone else been through this situation? or guys, what if your girl was 30 pounds heavier than you? would she be crushing you?

Honestly, I'm gonna go the other way from OLG and say this is precisely why I can't date a man who doesn't have at least 50lbs on me. I TOTALLY feel your concern, and maybe it's a product of having been overweight before... Hell, I'm 110 and I'm still concerned every now and then even though my guys weigh in around 190 to 210. It's a pretty ingrained mental thing.

I don't know what to say other than try it, but I certainly wouldn't be comfortable either.

If he's asking for it, it's because he can handle it.

Guys are suckers for women's bums, specially on their laps. I bet he will be too turned on to pay attention to weight.

If you are concerned about crushing him, just remember to put both of your legs on the floor, that way he will be carrying about two thirds of the weight instead of the whole lot.

im about 135 pounds and i have had a few girls sit on my lap who were heavier than me... honesty i think if you say you don't want to sit on his lap (from my experience) hes only going to become self-conscious about the fact that hes skinny. he can probably handle the weight i never had a problem with it.

I weigh about 110 and I've had a boyfriend weighing 150 sit on my lap or even lay on me and put all his weight on me and it doesn't bother me at all. It's only uncomfortable when too much weight is on my chest, cause then its a little hard to breathe, but all I had to do was ask him to move a bit and everything was fine. So don't worry about it. At worst, you might make him a little uncomfortable, you won't actually HURT him. So go for it, you've got nothing to lose and he is asking you for it.

I've always been a bit scared to put my weight on my boyfriend. He'll sit in my lap, but I've never sat in his. He's a good 6'2 and about 150-160 lbs and I'm 5'3 and about 107. He took me snowboarding and I was surprised he could hold my weight. I know that my fear is silly, but I certainly understand where you're coming from. I recently lost 20 lbs and it hasn't make me any more comfortable about sitting on my boy's lap. I'm sure if he's asked you to sit on his lap he is aware of your build and can handle it.

You'll be fine! I've had people sitting on my lap who were considerably heavier than I am, and it didn't bother me at all, unless it was for a really long time. There are no vital organs to crush there, and the 30 pound difference is not enough to break bones. Plus, if he's a runner, his leg muscles will definitely be able to handle it.

Hey, just recently, I had a guy not much bigger than me physically pick me up and pin me against a wall, no problem. So, no worries!

I have had people heavier than my sit on my lap and it's not been uncomfortable.

I wouldn't worry because the weight will be evenly distributed along his legs and is thereforeeee not likely to be uncomfortable. If you were to stand on him and lift one leg up and balance on your one heel, then all your weight would be pressing on a small area and it would probably be uncomfortable. But because all your weight is spread over the whole length and width of his legs there is no one small area which is taking all the weight - thereforeeee it is I think very unlikely for it to be uncomfortable for him.

If you took 5lb of steel and made it flat so it covered a larger surface area it would still weigh the same as a 5lb piece of steel compressed into a small 3d cube. If you put the 5lb cube on your stomach it would feel heavier than the 5lb sheet because it's pressing on a smaller area - however they both weigh the same. It's the same kind of idea - your weight will be spread over an area and won't be as uncomfortable as you think - I suspect he'll think it's great.

There are many men out there that look for girls much bigger than them to do just that....sit on their laps, their faces...whatever. I am a big girl...not gonna give up my weight or anything, but if a guy asks me to sit on his lap or anything of that nature, he is very much aware of my weight (he does have eyes...he knows I'm large) and should expect a great deal of pressure on his legs....I haven't gotten a complaint from anyone that asked for it....lol.

Hey Ashley! Don't be at all concerned. 140 is NOT heavy and if you're like me with a little junk in the trunk don't be ashamed of it, work it! For some reason alot of guys are turned on by a womans rear end. He must love your backside or he wouldn't be itchin to get it in his lap. (No pun intended) Nobody wants a boney booty sitting on them..now that hurts! If I could I'd sit in my own lap!-->Sorry off the subject, but I don't care if he's only 80 lbs, you are not going to hurt that guy!!

Archived