Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When I scratch my skin, it leaves red scratch marks as though a cat has attacked me.

ilovepoemsalot

When I scratch my skin, it leaves red scratch marks as though a cat has attacked me.

I mean scratching it when I have an itch, and I don't do it too hard or anything.

It doesn't hurt and doesn't seem serious, it just looks serious.

Is this normal?

nikkers04
    is your skin really dry?

ghost69
    yep. shows good circulation of blood. it goes away right? maybe lotion up.

flower99
    maybe you need to cut your nails shorter ;D

ilovepoemsalot

Quote Originally Posted by nikkers04 [Register to see the link]
    is your skin really dry?
    I don't think it is.

greensleeves
    It just means your skin is dry, I bet you're itchy more often too. If you live in a cold climate it can happen in the winter because the air in your home and at work can get really dry because of the heating. You can get a small humidifier for your bedroom and that should fix it after awhile. They're usually under 50 bucks. You can get bigger ones as well, but they can cost alot and aren't really necessary. If the noise from the humidifier bugs you just put it in the hall outside of your room. The small ones will humidify one floor of an average home.

In the meantime, just use some lotion on like Keri Lotion or Vaseline Intensive Care. Put it on after the shower while your skin is still a bit damp, but slightly towelled off, you skin will absorb it better.

nikkers04
    I'd suggest trying lotion...see if that helps any

ilovepoemsalot

Quote Originally Posted by ghost69 [Register to see the link]
    yep. shows good circulation of blood. it goes away right? maybe lotion up.
    To be honest I'm not sure how long it takes to go away, I don't think it's still there by the next day anyway, but yeah, it's as though scratching draws my blood up to just beneath the surface or something.

For the first time though today I've noticed a scratch mark on my hand which I'm sure was caused by scratching it because it was itchy last night, yet it's still here and is a tiny bit scabby as though it really is scratched.

ilovepoemsalot

Quote Originally Posted by greensleeves [Register to see the link]
    It just means your skin is dry, I bet you're itchy more often too. If you live in a cold climate it can happen in the winter because the air in your home and at work can get really dry because of the heating. You can get a small humidifier for your bedroom and that should fix it after awhile. They're usually under 50 bucks. You can get bigger ones as well, but they can cost alot and aren't really necessary. If the noise from the humidifier bugs you just put it in the hall outside of your room. The small ones will humidify one floor of an average home.

In the meantime, just use some lotion on like Keri Lotion or Vaseline Intensive Care. Put it on after the shower while your skin is still a bit damp, but slightly towelled off, you skin will absorb it better.
    Well, it's not like it's a problem for me, I was just curious about it. I know that my face, back of neck and the top of my back get's a little dry, but I use moisturiser on them anyway.

ghost69
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovepoemsalot [Register to see the link]
    To be honest I'm not sure how long it takes to go away, I don't think it's still there by the next day anyway, but yeah, it's as though scratching draws my blood up to just beneath the surface or something.

For the first time though today I've noticed a scratch mark on my hand which I'm sure was caused by scratching it because it was itchy last night, yet it's still here and is a tiny bit scabby as though it really is scratched.
    maybe don't scratch so hard or for so long. if you are getting scabs, you are doing too much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
trigeminal neuralgia?
So I went to the hospital at 2:30 AM. They gave me a 30mg shot of Toradol. That only reduced it a bit. They sent me home. I took 2 Tylenol 1 and got
Would you trust a psychiatrist who categorizes homosexuality as an illness ?
I was just on a website which lets you ,after signing up, choose a psychiatrist to book an appointment with . You view the psychiatrist's profile
Vivid Dreams
I know that anti depressants have a side effect of causing vivid dreams. But my dreams are so weird that I am scared of the whole idea of going to
Lost.
Where do I begin? I'm a 20 year old female and life at the moment has been really rough. I feel that every aspect of my life is incredibly

Featured Threads
He took my sisters virginity!
Well.. Here goes nothing. I don't have anyone to talk to and hoping to get some insight. My mind is confused and my heart is completely
Dating after working in the sex industry
Hey all, I'm coming out of a difficult time in my life where i worked as a sex worker. I just wanted some opinions on how to handle this when I begin
My boyfriend hangs out one on one with his ex am I right to feel uncomfortable?
Hi everyone, I posted here before about how my boyfriend and his ex are close friends. Long story short, they date for two years, realised they were
What does this mean?
I'm a 24 year old man and I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 5 years. But I'm feeling like this relationship is built on blind trust
Is this just "The 21st Century Woman?"
For the past 5 years, every woman I've dated (ages 25-32 we'll say) has had to stress to me immediately, before anything gets going, that they are
Venting I guess... I miss having sex.
So... I don't know if there is any real advice that can be given here. But I'm sure people here can at least relate and maybe share their
My boyfriend curses at me but says he's joking?
Hi everyone, My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 8 months and while everything has been great so far except that he curses at me but says
Ask For Advice