Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: When I scratch my skin, it leaves red scratch marks as though a cat has attacked me.

  1. #1
    ilovepoemsalot

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    883
    Gender
    Male

    When I scratch my skin, it leaves red scratch marks as though a cat has attacked me.

    I mean scratching it when I have an itch, and I don't do it too hard or anything.

    It doesn't hurt and doesn't seem serious, it just looks serious.

    Is this normal?

  2. #2
    nikkers04
    Bronze Member nikkers04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    735
    Gender
    Female
    is your skin really dry?

  3. #3
    ghost69
    Platinum Member ghost69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Desert
    Posts
    33,101
    Gender
    Male
    Thanked
    2
    yep. shows good circulation of blood. it goes away right? maybe lotion up.

  4. #4
    flower99
    Platinum Member flower99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,927
    Gender
    Female
    maybe you need to cut your nails shorter ;D

  5. #5
    ilovepoemsalot

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    883
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkers04 [Register to see the link]
    is your skin really dry?
    I don't think it is.

  6. #6
    greensleeves
    Platinum Member greensleeves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,920
    Gender
    Female
    It just means your skin is dry, I bet you're itchy more often too. If you live in a cold climate it can happen in the winter because the air in your home and at work can get really dry because of the heating. You can get a small humidifier for your bedroom and that should fix it after awhile. They're usually under 50 bucks. You can get bigger ones as well, but they can cost alot and aren't really necessary. If the noise from the humidifier bugs you just put it in the hall outside of your room. The small ones will humidify one floor of an average home.

    In the meantime, just use some lotion on like Keri Lotion or Vaseline Intensive Care. Put it on after the shower while your skin is still a bit damp, but slightly towelled off, you skin will absorb it better.

  7. #7
    nikkers04
    Bronze Member nikkers04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    735
    Gender
    Female
    I'd suggest trying lotion...see if that helps any

  8. #8
    ilovepoemsalot

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    883
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost69 [Register to see the link]
    yep. shows good circulation of blood. it goes away right? maybe lotion up.
    To be honest I'm not sure how long it takes to go away, I don't think it's still there by the next day anyway, but yeah, it's as though scratching draws my blood up to just beneath the surface or something.

    For the first time though today I've noticed a scratch mark on my hand which I'm sure was caused by scratching it because it was itchy last night, yet it's still here and is a tiny bit scabby as though it really is scratched.

  9. #9
    ilovepoemsalot

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    883
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by greensleeves [Register to see the link]
    It just means your skin is dry, I bet you're itchy more often too. If you live in a cold climate it can happen in the winter because the air in your home and at work can get really dry because of the heating. You can get a small humidifier for your bedroom and that should fix it after awhile. They're usually under 50 bucks. You can get bigger ones as well, but they can cost alot and aren't really necessary. If the noise from the humidifier bugs you just put it in the hall outside of your room. The small ones will humidify one floor of an average home.

    In the meantime, just use some lotion on like Keri Lotion or Vaseline Intensive Care. Put it on after the shower while your skin is still a bit damp, but slightly towelled off, you skin will absorb it better.
    Well, it's not like it's a problem for me, I was just curious about it. I know that my face, back of neck and the top of my back get's a little dry, but I use moisturiser on them anyway.

  10. #10
    ghost69
    Platinum Member ghost69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Desert
    Posts
    33,101
    Gender
    Male
    Thanked
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovepoemsalot [Register to see the link]
    To be honest I'm not sure how long it takes to go away, I don't think it's still there by the next day anyway, but yeah, it's as though scratching draws my blood up to just beneath the surface or something.

    For the first time though today I've noticed a scratch mark on my hand which I'm sure was caused by scratching it because it was itchy last night, yet it's still here and is a tiny bit scabby as though it really is scratched.
    maybe don't scratch so hard or for so long. if you are getting scabs, you are doing too much.

  11.  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
feeling weird
Hello everyone, Recently, I have been experiencing some weird symptoms and it might just me overreacting, but who knows? So, for the past week, I

Featured Threads
Parent and relationships problems
So clearly i need help sooo i will get right into the story.....sorry its so long I am a 25 year old male who is in a relationship with my 19
My boyfriend is trying to date other woman on online dating site.
I really need help. I am so confused. My boyfriend is on online dating site. He said he wants to date other women. We were on and off relationship
My wife left me without having even a talk
Hi everybody, I wonder if this is normal just to leave a marriage of 7 years without having a proper talk before moving on? It happened to me that
Confused about FWB
Last weekend my FWB and I made plans to meet up. He drove down from his place to go to a party with friends, afterwards he was coming to spend the
Everything is just JUMBLED
I have an extremely, EXTREMELY screwed up life. At least from my point of view it is. At least I think I'm the only one that knows my own
Getting over someone to be with them again later?
Long story short, my ex broke up with me after 4 years because he said he was immature and needed to grow up without me and part of that was meeting
Need Advice - it's urgent for me
Hello Everyone, I meesed up my life and I take full responsibilty. I ned advice and what to do to remedy the situation immediately and prevent it
Ask For Advice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •