11 year difference

joto45

I'm in an age gap relationship. She is 35 and I am 24. We get along great, love each other, age is NEVER an issue/thought when we are together. We have a lot in common. I do have concerns about the future. Right now she seems like "the one" and I can see myself spending the rest of my life with her (we discussed this). I am just afraid of what the future may bring, as far as the aging process goes. I mean, she looks like she is in her late 20's, rather than 35. Should I relax and not be so concerned?

Thank you very much, I'll check it right away. Society doesn't bother me though, I think I wonder about how things will be when I'm, say, 50 and she is 61...and so on. I guess since we look the same age now, we should be ok in the future (I hope).

People age differently...some men and women in their forties could pass for thirties whereas some look like they are in their fifties. In 10 years time, she could still be looking youthful and you may not. Nobody knows. Regardless of outer appearances, the insides tell a different tale. With age gap relationships there is the issue of health issues as the person gets older. I have seen age gap relationships (where the man was much older) in which the much younger woman had a curtailed lifestyle because she was caring for an ailing husband. Mind you, many younger people get sick as well so I am sure there are plenty of cases where the older spouse is actually caring for the younger one. Generally, however, it is the other way around. I guess it is a matter of what you are comfortable with. If everything else in the relationship is great, then I wouldn't throw it away just because she may age quicker than you. It is the person which counts, not the age.

11 years isn't that huge an age gap. But i'm concerned because what you keep focusing on are her looks... or worries about her looks.

If you don't love her enough to accept that she will age, then i don't think you love her enough to get serious with her. people's genetics are all different, and she could keep her relatively youthful looks (always look younger than her age), but if you are a person who is really focused on looks as being most important, then i think you should move on and find someone your own age or younger.

this woman doesn't deserve to get dumped in 10 years just because you are focused more on looks than her as a person, or are worried about some wrinkles. anyone you marry will eventually look older, and so will you. if you're judging a partnership based solely on looks, then i don't think the partnership will be strong even to last, regardless of anybody's age. you might not be ready to get serious with anyone if you are still more interested in the looks than the person.

Archived