Bad kissing techniques...

Bella1607307754

...How do I tell my boyfriend he is a bad kisser? Without hurting he's feeling or making him feel bad about himself.

My boyfriend is a late bloomer. He is 26 years old and I'm the 2nd girl he's ever been with.

Just some background info: from the age of 5 years till the end of high school my boy was sent away to an all boys boarding school and didn't have a lot of exposure to girls. When he did, he was so shy that he didn't interact for fear of rejection. Then he went off to college but was very shy and insecure with his lanky body so spent most of his time either studying or at the gym bulking up.

He went from a lanky tall guy to a buff guy, and has grown in confidence. He's not shy anymore, which is a good thing for him.

When we shared our first french kiss, I had flash backs to when I was a teen first being kissed. I was being slobbered over, the tong being shoved in stiff and swirled and almost gagged.

Since then I've been taking the initiative and doing the kissing and showing him how a kiss should go and how I like it without stating you need to improve your kissing technique.

Other times when he gets over excited the slobber starts and I let him kiss me for a bit and pull back and have to wipe my mouth, chin and cheeks. I feel bad when I do this, as he feels like I don't want to kiss him. I do I just don't like being slobbered over.

Should I tell him outright that he needs to improve his kissing?

By telling him and then practicing and having fun (as we'll both learn from each other) do you think this will lesson the impact of being told your a dud kisser?

Should I print the post 'beginners - how to french kiss' and give it to him to read? Or is this too insulting?

Suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated.

TIA

...How do I tell my boyfriend he is a bad kisser? Without hurting he's feeling or making him feel bad about himself.

My boyfriend is a late bloomer. He is 26 years old and I'm the 2nd girl he's ever been with.

I am a big time late boomer! I am 29 and I never been out with a girl yet. I know for a fact that I would be a bad kisser. I never have kissed a girl yet. I do not know the proper way or technique to kiss. I would feel embarrass when I have my first kiss. It stinks not having experience. ](*,)

hurt his feelings or not, if he really likes you hes stick around. But with time practice makes better kissers. I'm sure with time hell get better. When i had my first kiss with my first gf i didn't know how to kiss and neither did she, but we kissed so much we master the art of kissing. Rather wise my 3rd gf couldn't kiss for crap, and with time she got better as well.

stick in there, I'm sure it will get better.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't understand how you can have a bad kiss with someone that you like. Maybe you're over thinking things?

I agree, if its a great guy, its a great kiss. When I started seeing my current boyfriend over a year ago I was a little surprised to find out that he had a much different "technique" than I did (I had kissed several other guys before, and they all did it pretty well the same way so I really thought there was only one "right way"). I guess you might say he was a very "active" kisser?? I really liked him and it didn't bother me much, I liked sharing the moment with him, and if this was how he did it, then that was fine. Funny thing is now, I really like it about him, to me he is so set apart from other guys in so many ways, why not the way he kisses too?

Archived