@-)---(-- Maria Lauterbach --)---(-@

Gracelove

I just think this story is so sad.

I think that Maria should be honored. She was obviously an extremely strong person.

She was going to testify against her rapist, but she never had the chance.

She was brave enough to speak out against him, despite her environment.

I really admire her, and I hope she rests in peace.

At least her voice has finally been heard, no one can ignore her now.

She was buried in his backyard and his wife still lives there.

Is she innocent? I think not.

Maria's story is not the only one in the military. Plenty of women get raped in the military and killed when they try to speak out. But, when they're minority, or when they're ugly, no one cares.

But, when they're minority, or when they're ugly, no one cares.

Certainly an interesting point, but more politically charged. It'd probably be best to avoid a political debate. I definitely think Laurean is a sociopath, but he's also obviously pretty intelligent, hence his having avoided police and led them to several dead ends. He's no dummy, and I think it will be a bit before they find him. Inevitably, they will find him; he isn't some genius white-collar extortionist. He is a calculating, cold-blooded killer. Yet, one must admit it is fairly impressive he's managed to elude the authorities. Most of the people who take flight in similar circumstances are caught within hours. It's rather comical hearing how the chain of events unfold, in most cases: criminal does something absolutely heinous, runs, gets caught and/or dies in a shootout.

Certainly an interesting point, but more politically charged.

link removed

Maria's story appears in military news every other day, but this is the first time you've heard of such thing right?

The link above also talks about a woman gang raped by her co-workers while in Iraq, but you also have not heard of her.

My statement was not politically charged. It was merely stating a fact. A sad fact about our media.

Archived