Largest Age Gap In Your Relationships?

niczeegs

I know this question has probably already been posted, but heck, why not do it again for the newbies?!

What has been the largest age gap within your past relationships?

Mine would be that I was 15 and he was 21. I was a 15 year old who felt WAY TOO mature. I was pathetic. Yet, I believe he was more pathetic.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One relationship he was 16 years older.

My ex husband was 4.5 years younger, and my 'favorite' ex was 8 years younger.

I worried about the age gap of the 16 year one, but the other two the age really was irrelevant and didn't make any difference i could see.

As long as you 'get' one another and want the same thing (and are legal age) it doesn't at all as long as you're in the same decade. larger gaps can work, but they a bit tougher and can run into trouble in the long haul, but then all relationships can.

the biggest problems are when the age causes a life stage gap... i.e., one person young, the other middle aged, which transitions into middle aged with old aged. A really strong love can survive that, but it's a challenge.

I work with a man who married a young 20s woman when he was in his 40s, and they went along fine for 20 years. but when he decided to retire, she ran off with a another guy younger than herself, so he is left alone in his old age and paying her hefty alimony and half his retirement income. it was fine when he was still 'vital', but when he was ready to settle down and be home all the time with her, she was having that middle aged zest and wanted to kick up her heels, and did so, with a younger man this time.

so it is not impossible, but has some built in challenges if there are life stage gaps. anything less than that really doesn't matter much at all.

Hello my name is Jerry AKA "Jerry from Ohio "

My young Lady and myself became acquainted when I was helping her mother after a bad auto accident .

My fiance and I are 34 years 3 months and 21 days apart . at first it was just as friends going out to eat and such but as time went on we both admitted to what we were feeling and we began dating for real with the intent of getting to know each other better .

We didn't begin a sexual relationship until we had put 6 months in our past as we had agreed that6 neither of us wanted a relationship based solely on sex , (Smart move ? )

We thought so and we are still both glad that we did wait

until we were sure the relationship was on solid ground .

I am very young thinking and acting (sometimes too much so) Jessica says and she is quite mature for her age she has had quite a bit of responsibility placed on her Mom being disabled and all.

The day after tomorrow 2/10/08 will be our one year anniversary,

and as it stands now things are going well . We became engaged around Thanksgiving and are just taking our time and then we will be married when we both feel the time is right .

I am also curious if there are many more older age Gap relationships going on and for how long have they been active . .

Have a wonderful day all , Jerry

Im 20 and he is 36!

The great things about dating an older man:

1. great sex (they know what they're doing and want you to cum first and frequently)

2. they are in control of their lives (let's hope!) meaning full time job, house with a mortgage, cars that work etc

3. because of this financial stability they can take you to clubs, dinner...and i don't mean ramen noodles ladies

4. maturity!! yay! meaning they listen better, they understand things better and don't sweat the small stuff

5. the whole sexy older man vibe (especially when they wear suits and ties *drools*)

Some of the not so great things about older men:

1. Baggage - often they are divorcees with children (if they've even GOTTEN a divorce yet)

2. Different life paths - you may be just graduating college and he well, lets just say he hasnt been to college in 10 years

hmmm thats all i can think of I guess. Older men rock! at least mine does!

Archived