LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Late pregnancy cramping / contractions

Platinum Member CarnelianButterfly's Avatar
    Have a tall glass of water and soak in the tub, that should help with the ache a little.

My friend didn't sleep her last 2-3 weeks because she couldn't move in bed, her whole lower body hurt, she'd soak and relax a little. Helped her swollen feet to have them up on the tub side.

Yeah Sounds like a good idea! I'm anticipating the glass of wine, but not for a few more weeks.
    I usually have terrible back problems that don't go away but the ones caused by the pregnancy went away with hot water. It's like a miracle!

Bronze Member
    Im 2 days overdue and for the last 5 days I guess I have had really bad lower back pain and mild cramping.. I havent slept the last two nights because of the back pain and being so darn uncomfortable.. I would have thought this is it and I would be in labour already but Im not!!!!

Hang in there!

Eugh! I feel your pain girl... I really hope I am not overdue as I will have to wait a whole extra 10 days after my due date before they will induce me!
    I wonder if I beg and plea if they will be more flexible haha! I don't think I can realistically go another 20 days in the pain!

Bronze Member
    I thought for sure my little one would be even a day early! Its so discouraging!!!! I am praying my induction can be set for Monday.. my doctor will schedule it tomorrow but he said the date depends on how busy they are in the OR.... PLEASE DONT BE BUSY!!!!

Oh I'm crossing my fingers for you!!! I hope your induction is tomorrow.
    I'll have to find out at my next appointment if there is a way to get the induction done before 10 days. I would hope so but it seemed pretty standard unfortunately.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Mousty
    Oh I'm crossing my fingers for you!!! I hope your induction is tomorrow.
    I'll have to find out at my next appointment if there is a way to get the induction done before 10 days. I would hope so but it seemed pretty standard unfortunately.
    Patience Ladies!

I completely understand where you are coming from, my son was 10 days late, and the Dr. had told me 3 weeks earlier "Could be any day now...." I felt like a beached whale and I SOOOO wanted to meet my baby and begin our new family life...

I begged to be induced and my Dr., wisely refused....

Why? Because induction is merely a series of steps designed to FORCE your body to do what it isn't naturally ready to do. And every intervention you introduce increases the likelihood of another intervention becoming necessary..

My SIL insisted on being induced on her due date. She ended up in hospital for an entire weekend and actively pushed for HOURS (her baby was 6lbs 7 oz). I waited until my body was ready, and despite having to have pictocin to advance contractions (my water broke, but no contractions), I only had to actively push for 20 minutes...and my baby was 9-1/2 pounds!!

There are certainly medical reasons for it, as there are medical reasons for emergency C-sections, but "I'm sick of being pregnant and uncomfortable" isn't really one of them...

You want as pleasant a birth experience as possible...I highly recomend you trust your body and wait it out....If your water breaks, that's a different story because it becomes a danger to the baby if they are not delivered within 24-30 hours thereafter..

I am assuming this is your 1st baby? I wish you both well. But I suggest you take this opportunity to practice surrendering to things beyond your control and building your patience...you're going to need it!

It'll come soon enough, and your world will never be the same!

Best wishes for a safe and healthy delivery....

Bronze Member
    I had my appt today.. my doctor says my cervix is being absorbed and I am about 2 cm.... He scheduled my induction for MOnday but said he didnt think I would make it until then... I had to go for an ultrasound and non stress test. The u/s tech wasnt happy with my baby's movement and called my doctor to suggest we get this baby out now.. he said just to wait until Monday... I feel so scared and nervous now... I was also told that since they are so busy my induction might not be till Tues or Wed.

I did hear that being induced is much worse then going into labour naturally.. I really hope my baby comes on her own before Monday. I realize being uncomfortable isnt a good enough reason for being induced but now I am scared something will happen to my baby.

Induction is a lot worst than natural delivery. The contractions are square instead of normalized (round). I'm not sure if you know what I mean but basically they are tougher to handle.

I hope all goes well with your delivery and hopefully you can have it naturally before Monday. I assume mother nature knows a few things

Have you noticed your baby dropping considerably? Or any visible signs on the outside? I guess it's impossible to guestimate when the baby will arrive but I'm hopeful that it won't be in 3 weeks

Bronze Member
    I havent noticed my belly shaped differently but my husband and a few friends say it is different. I do notice that now I feel like I have to pee 24/7 and I have noticed alot of new pains down there... the doctor says she is engaged (last week) so obviously she has dropped...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice