What does it mean when a guy acts shy only with me?

Naomi

This guy's behavior is weird....he is known for being outgoing, and flirty and has no problem walking girls home from parties and asking them out. He adds them onto his myspace friend list...but with me, its totally the opposite. If he ignored me, I would say he just didn't like me but instaed he tries to get my attention whenever he is around me and makes up silly reasns to talk to me, he hasn't added me onto his myspace list even if he knows me longer and better than most of the people he has. He has even added on my best friend who he knows only through me. He calls me over to where he is standing to look at a painting with him...he comes into my personal space and while I know he has no problem hugging or putting his arm around other girls with me the only way he touches me is "accidentally" like covering my hand with his when he passes me something or standing so close to me our sholders brush. He walks home girls all the time but the one time we were going to go home in the same direction, he all of a suddden chose to take a shortcut and bolted in the other direction...I like him and I feel we have great chemistry and I just don't understand what is going on with him..does he like me, does he not? Why does he not treat me like the other girls?Thank u!

sounds like he isn't interested in you. if he has the nuts to ask other women out, i doubt he'd be scared to ask you out if he was interested. whenever he is around you he probably feels awkward and forced to talk to you. that's probably why his reasons to talk to you are weird. i could be wrong. but nobody here could give you a for sure answer on this guy. some people are just qwirky.

I'm with ghost69 on this. If I were into someone, I'd be a bit more nervous and potentially less forward. But I wouldn't retract and take a side street...

Is this person in your group of friends? Does he know you are interested? That might be why he talks to you but seems a bit more shy.

Women who are interested in me seem to be a bit more shy and they seem nervous. But they aren't shy to the point that they're avoiding me. They still move forward but in a clumsy way.

I agree with the above...

If he has a "special" way acting around you, then he has special feelings for you...

i would never say this is true. not even 1%.

and to added_noir, no fricken way. sure i've been nervous in my past around a girl i liked and acted different, but i wanted to run into them more than anything and make an effort do so. not dodge them in any way.

I think he does like you, but it sounds like you're not giving him any signals. It's easy to act natural around girls you aren't particularly interested in, but a lot of people are more careful around the one they are most interested in. Why treat the special person the same way as everybody else?

Have you tried contacting him (through email, IM, text, etc.) to see how he reacts? If he's not interested, he'll just be friendly. If he is, then he'll likely try to followup on the conversation one way or another.

i would never say this is true. not even 1%.

I used to ruin my chances with girls who I have strong feelings for, because I can't make any eye contact with them, I can't be myself, I feel nervous all the time, and I do some really stupid things just to attract her attention...

Naomi, if you like him, then ask him to walk you home, try talking to him, If he wants your attention, then give it to him...

I used to ruin my chances with girls who I have strong feelings for, because I can't make any eye contact with them, I can't be myself, I feel nervous all the time, and I do some really stupid things just to attract her attention...

Naomi, if you like him, then ask him to walk you home, try talking to him, If he wants your attention, then give it to him...

in no way does it mean they have special feelings for you though.

First, that Myspace favorties list is one of the worst things ever made for the internet. Period. My friend sulked for weeks because he slipped on this girl's list from 2 to 27 in a week after a date.

For you, it could be good or bad. Good: He likes you and doesn't know how to act in your company. Bad: He doesn't feel that way about you but he knows you feel that way about him.

And third, when someone likes someone else, they misinterpret or overevaluate the most subtle actions. Be careful of this and good luck.

Archived