Why Won't She Just Admit that She Cheated on Me?

Cannon

The thread title is kinda misleading because I'm currently broken up with my ex. I broke up with her because she grew distant and I could tell her mind wasn't on me anymore. Though, as I continue to ask her what went wrong...she always says something about her family and that she's been stressed. She doesn't know I have good information from elsewhere that she's been messing around with my former roommate! If I'm a betting man, I'd say THAT has more to do with why she grew distant as opposed to her family situation. But she's not mentioning that, she's only telling me one side of the story. So my question is...why? Why not just tell me she met someone else (someone I THOUGHT was a friend) and be done with it?

Did I understand that you broke up with your EX...so it was your decision. Why bother then with what had been happening on her side?

Further, why not just accept what she says as truth. Are you so convinced that she was cheating on your? And even if she was, what difference does it make? Again, you broke up with her.

If she did cheat, then its her business and hers to live with.

Leave it alone and get on with your life. There is nothing to prove here.

Did I understand that you broke up with your EX...so it was your decision. Why bother then with what had been happening on her side?

Further, why not just accept what she says as truth. Are you so convinced that she was cheating on your? And even if she was, what difference does it make? Again, you broke up with her.

If she did cheat, then its her business and hers to live with.

Leave it alone and get on with your life. There is nothing to prove here.

No...I KNOW she had real family problems. But I also KNOW that wasn't the sole reason for why she grew distant because I know people that are close to her that have pretty much told me that in so many words (her friends).

I broke up with her because I didn't want it to happen the other way around (which I felt was on the verge of happening anyway). It's not like I wanted to though. Plus, she has a Facebook and Myspace profile and on both it still says that she's in a relationship and she's never changed it since we broke up. So I know that it was someone else who got involved. I just want her to level with me and be honest about it.

Leave her be. She does not owe you an explanation, and frankly, you can't use an explanation for much.

Accept, and move on.

I slightly disagree. This woman told me she loved me, wrote me a nice little love poem and everything. Besides, we were supposed to be in a serious, long term relationship. I don't think I'm wrong for wanting an honest answer...but of course I can't force her to do anything. I believe the people who told me it was my former roommate...so it was more than just some little hunch that I broke up with her.

I guess I'm just lost as to why she can't be honest with me and tell me why she lost interest. But I am moving on...

The thread title is kinda misleading because I'm currently broken up with my ex. I broke up with her because she grew distant and I could tell her mind wasn't on me anymore. Though, as I continue to ask her what went wrong...she always says something about her family and that she's been stressed. She doesn't know I have good information from elsewhere that she's been messing around with my former roommate! If I'm a betting man, I'd say THAT has more to do with why she grew distant as opposed to her family situation. But she's not mentioning that, she's only telling me one side of the story. So my question is...why? Why not just tell me she met someone else (someone I THOUGHT was a friend) and be done with it?

unless you have real proof then there is no reason to think that, people can grow distant from each other so as simple as a reason as falling out of love, there are sooooooo many reasons why this can happen...

bottom line is you broke up with her, on a hunch, so you have no choice but to accept that...if she broke up with you, ok harass the hell outta her until you get an answer, but it was the other way around.

Lets say you're right, and she cheated.

Cheaters rarely admit they cheated...that's why she wont tell you she did.

Most ppl will tell you to listen to your gut. If your gut tells you something is up...then listen to it.

Sorry to hear it was with your roommate...that is low!

No...I KNOW she had real family problems. But I also KNOW that wasn't the sole reason for why she grew distant because I know people that are close to her that have pretty much told me that in so many words (her friends).

I broke up with her because I didn't want it to happen the other way around (which I felt was on the verge of happening anyway). It's not like I wanted to though. Plus, she has a Facebook and Myspace profile and on both it still says that she's in a relationship and she's never changed it since we broke up. So I know that it was someone else who got involved. I just want her to level with me and be honest about it.

If you have solid information that she cheated on you confront her with it. See what she says. Having said that if you know she cheated on you it doesnt matter really what she tells you. Its over.

But on the issue of breaking up with for family reasons. I call BS. People do not break up with people simply because they have family problems. If that was the case then very few relationships would last. People endure and support each other through all sorts of stuff. I hear this carp all the time about breaking up with someone for some petty excuse or another. Simply put it is what it is, An excuse. She didnt feel attracted to you, wanted to break up with you, and didnt respect you enough to say it. Its an excuse. Be glad you are not with her and dont have to endure a lifetime of garbage excuses.

Archived