#%&* Yet another thing to make me remember...

Little history for this post... So some of you might remember when my ex did the bid 3 Day fundraiser a few weeks ago and I supported her the entire weekend by responding to her text messages with up-beat comments to keep her going only to find out at the end that they were mass text messages. Haven't had any contact in three weeks now, since I e-mailed her and told her to cash a check as I was closing my account. She did and replied with a "How are you?" and I responded to that only to not hear back...

As if this week isn't hard enough for me... Thanksgiving w/o her. SUCKS! received a very impersonal mass e-mail wishing a Happy Thanksgiving which to me is worse than getting nothing at all. SUCKS! Today is the big rivalry football game that we made a tradition of attending (I went to Texas A&M and she went to The University of Texas) but now I am sitting on my butt watching it alone w/o her. SUCKS! To top it all off I get a very impersonal "Thank You" card in the mail thanking me for donating to her 3 Day (I made the donation before we broke up). SUCKS!

Crappy reminders of her everywhere. I know, I know. She only sent it b/c it is the proper thing to do but seriously... It kind of bothers me that she sent it.

Rant. Vent. Rave.

Thanks for listening!

Hey mate, know exactly how you feel. My ex was in politics (sad I know!) and I supported him in one of his campaigns - like you got the mass thankyou. It hurts thinking that you have been relegated to 'friend' when you were once so close.

You will have the constant reminders and 'tangling' for a while, but eventually you will feel a sense of freedom and clarity and you wont think of her as much. It sucks, but really time is the only answer.

You will get there though - like all of us on this forum. I'm happy to listen to any of your vents if you feel crappy and want to PM me.

Cheers.

You will have the constant reminders and 'tangling' for a while, but eventually you will feel a sense of freedom and clarity and you wont think of her as much. It sucks, but really time is the only answer.

Tangling is right! I just did all my financial stuff and ran into a check I wrote her, a few charges from the credit card for activities that we did together, and on, and on... eventually these little things need to stop popping up!

Doesn't the bills that keep coming in just add insult to injury!!!?

I have a credit card bill that I'm paying off from my last trip to visit him in Canada (I've been a student for the past yr, so a debt I did not need)..and all the long distance phone call charges!!

If only we could bill the exes for this, and the emotional trauma....ie bottles of wine, bars of chocolate, phone calls to friends, and impulse buys!

Man now that I'm am back at home living at my parents house after the break up I am living 7 blocks from where me and my gf used to have a place after we moved - so many small things remind me sometimes, I could pass by a park and remember playing with her and her son there. its nasty, something that will pass in time i guess....

Man, I hear ya! There are some great country song lyrics that talk about this kind of thing:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kieth Anderson: Every Time I Hear Your Name

Finally got over that song of ours; stopped chasin' little red sports cars,

To check the license plates and I quit drivin' by your place.

Back makin' the rounds at our old haunts: Honky Tonks, restaurants.

And seein' some of our old friends: it feels good to dance again.

And I can finally smell your perfume and not look around the room for you.

And I can walk right by your picture in a frame and not feel a thing.

But when I hear your name,

I feel rain fallin' right out of the blue sky.

And it's the fifth of May, and I'm right there starin' in your eyes.

And nothin's changed, and we're still same.

And I get lost in the innocence of a first kiss,

And I'm hangin' on to every word rollin' off of your lips:

And that's all it takes, and I'm in that place,

Every time I hear your name.

Got someone special in my life; everyone thinks she'll make a great wife.

Dad says he thinks she's the one; reminds him of Mom when she was young.

But it's way too soon to be talkin' 'bout rings; don't wanna rush into anything.

She's getting over someone too, kinda like me and you.

And she talks about him every once in a while, and I just nod my head and smile,

'cause I know exactly what she's goin' through; yeah, I've been there too.

And when the conversation turns to you,

I get caught in a "you were the only one for me",

Kinda thought, and your face is all that I see.

I know I can't go back but I still go back.

And there we are, parked down by the riverside,

And I'm in your arms about to make love for the first time,

And that's all it takes, and I'm in that place,

I stop thinkin' 'bout the words I left unsaid.

(Every time I hear your name.)

I stop tryin' the change the things I can't change.

In my heart I know you're gone, but in my head,

I feel rain fallin' right out of the blue sky.

And it's the fifth of May, and I'm right there starin' in your eyes.

That's all it takes, and I'm in that place.

And there we are, parked down by the riverside,

And I'm in your arms about to make love for the first time.

And I can't explain, but I'm in that place,

Ooh, ooooooooh, ooh, ooooooooh.

Aaaaah aaaaaaah.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived