"Bonds that make us free"

Yodabell

I started reading "Bonds that Make Us Free" about a week ago after seeing it mentioned somewhere on this site. Alot of it seems to make alot of sense.

I've seen a couple of comments in favour of this book, but another couple that were more negative.

Have other people here read it?

What did you think?

Life-changing for me. Just make sure you don't take the forgiveness aspect to the extreme and allow yourself to be walked on. If we lived 100% by what "Bonds..." tells us, we'd all be perpetual doormats. Just remember that at times you need to let your pride step in a bit to protect yourself and respect yourself.

Terry C Warner - Bonds that set us free

I recommend it - not sure this is a right topic area for it, but it helps us look at relationship communication in a very insightful way.

It's really really worth reading. I lent it to my brother & my mum. My brother's taken it a step forward to go to healing seminars, but the theory is still there, and it makes so much sense when you read it.

The author is religious though - just to let you know.

The author is religious though - just to let you know.

He's Mormon, and for that I was a little wary at first, and kept an eye out for religious overtones. There really aren't any. I think he mentions "God" a couple times, but I wouldn't say he pushes religion in any way. Spirituality, yes, definitely; but not religion.

Archived