"I love you". Should I say it?

Demonblade

I don't know if I should say it. Me and my best friend have been dating for the a little over a year now. And I know I'm falling in with love her. I can't explain how I know this. Before I felt this way for her I could notice other girls and I do admit that I did consider some attractive (but I haven't tried anything with them). Ever since I've started feeling this way towards her, everyone that I would consider 'attractive' aren't at all. I am completely commited to her and I want to tell her that I love her, but I don't know how to or if I should. I want to let her know how I feel and I know that she may not feel the exact same way I feel about her.

Not sure if this means anything to this but on our 1 year aniversery I gave her a sterling silver ring with a rectangular diamond stone in it (she is a little clumsy so I got her a ring with the stone in it rather than on the band). The diamond went accross most of the top of the ring. (The ring cost about $100.

I gave her another ring a while before that (cost $10), but it was just a silver band (not real silver) with 3 chinese symbols on it that, translated, said "I Love You". I told her this when I gave it to her. I got two of those silver bands, one for me and one for her. She loved both of the rings I gave her.

Alright, but there is one more thing. I don't know how to say it. I have never said it to anyone, I rarely even say it to my family (there are some very personal reasons there that I wish not to go into). I'm just nervous. Is there any way to possibly help me get over it so I can just say "I love you" without sounding or being nervous? Things I can do or think to deminish or get rid of the nervousness.

(If you don't mind me asking, why is it surprising/impressive to wait until I was sure? Just curious ^_^ )

Archived