"alright...CALL ME LATER!"

Everytime he says that - I take it literally. I should know better. He's just being a nice guy. If he really wanted to talk to me, he'd call me... instead of telling me to call him.

I haven't done NC yet... (I did it for 4 days, then caved in... he told one of my friends he wished I'd call and "not be a stranger"... so sadly, I succumbed.. AND CALLED THE NEXT DAY!)

I feel like poop!

First time I called him, he didn't pick up. I wanted to slap myself in the face!

He called me later and told me he just woke up from his nap and was getting ready for church. He asked me how I was doing but I just told him: "Ok I'll let you go then so you won't be MORE late for church." he replied with "Okay... hit me up! I'll be in church but I'll check my phone and stuff."

I wasn't planning on calling him back... but then he called an hour later just to talk.

I was surprised because I thought I was the one that was supposed to call him.

I told him I'd let him go (again)... and he told me to "hit him up later".

I didn't call that night.

I ended up calling the next day while he was at work.

I said: "You're busy so I'll just let you go. I just wanted to say hi, that's all."

He said: "Okay. Well hit me up later then... I'll be off and stuff so yeah."

I called him at 11:45 at night and he was on the phone with his cousin and he switched over and told me he'd call me right back, if that was okay.

I said sure.

He called me 15 minutes later and we talked briefly and I made sure I was the one that ended the convo.

He told me to "hit him up"... again.

I'm slapping myself silly, telling myself he doesn't REALLY mean anything by telling me to call.

He's just being polite and doesn't want to be rude.

I know I should do NC, starting now. I just don't want us to fall apart and I don't want him to think I forgot about him.

It's my own fault, I know. I should stop "analyzing" his words and dissecting his sentences to see if they mean something more.

Oh well. That's how the cookie crumbles.

I just feel really rejected today.

I'm sorry if it was long.

I think you should stop calling him and just let him call you. I think you should go NC but on your own terms. If you want to be friends and not be needy just talk to him when he calls you and don't call him.

I know you feel rejected when he says he will call and when he doesn't. If he says call him later you can but you don't have to if you don't want to. It's kinda like that one espisode from friends if you watched it when Chandler goes out on a date with Rachels boss and after the date he says "I had fun we should do this again sometime" it's kinda like that even though he had a terrible date he says it automatically.

Maybe you are right and he wants to be nice but maybe he does want to keep talking to you. I just don't think it's a good idea for you to talk because it gets your hopes up and when he stops talking to you it'll just hurt more.

I hope i'm not being to negative I just don't want you to feel more hurt later down the line.

I agree with Boughs that you shouldn't be the one that ends the calls if he is sooo busy the he should be the one that should step up and say hey I got to go.

Don't apologize and call yourself and interruption because you aren't. He should be thankful that you even talk to him still because you are a better person than I. I couldn't stand it anymore and cut him off. I finally got the hint when he said he was busy and just stopped trying to call and txt him.

I went NC and he still hasn't contacted me. It reminds me that if he is busy then he wouldn't miss me at all from his life.

Sorry Maverick and Boughs-

I didn't clarify. Yes, he is an ex.

He broke up with me.

Yeah...guess I shouldn't be the one apologizing if he's "busy", he can end it on his own terms.

I won't call tonight... we'll see how long I can do this.

I'm sorry to hear that, alwaysthegirlfriend.

How long has it been since you stopped talking to him?

i started NC last wednesday. I thought we could be friends after our 9 year relationship but it's just been hard. I have such an attitude towards him because I am still angry at him. My therapist suggested some me time and just try and not talk to him.

He called me yesterday night and I missed the call. I didn't call back and am proud of myself.

I just kinda feel like a jerk that i just started NC and i don't want him to feel like we can't be friends later.

Archived