so I am kicked out of college...need some serious help..

revitalized

so I check my schedule for this week and next thing you know there's no schedule in place. so then I check my final grades, an F in Economics, and a C+ in my marketing class. Apparently I was on continued probation even though my family said they read the sheet and said I was off of it after I got an A- in my business class, a c- in a studies class that wasnt too important, and then a B in my organizational behavior class. I thought I proved myself in the spring and then apparently I was on "continued academic probation" I made the mistake of taking an economics class in the summer and one failing grade means I may be out of school for a minimum of 6 months? I feel like I have no future..and it is the scariest feeling in the world. I want to live a good life and create a future for myself and maybe this is a lesson I need to ponder about what I really want in my life in terms of long term goals but this really does feel crappy to be honest..I feel like the world is getting ahead of me. I hope I can seek some help..I feel awful..

when it happened to me i spiraled into depression and buried myself into the world of warcraft. it was so unhealthy and terrible life style. i felt like such a failure and had to hide from the world and lie to everyone. but after a while i decided i would get a full time job and go back out there instead of hiding at home hanging my head in shame. now im back in school and let me tell you im way more careful and much more motivated to get the school work done first before anything.

short version: it's not the end of the world, it does suck but consider it a learning experience.

You might still be able to get some free counseling through your college. Maybe you should look into that. The other thing to consider is, maybe you needed to feel this awful. Maybe it's what you needed to take your coursework more seriously. It's just a thought. Sometimes we all need a little kick in the butt to get ourselves where we need to be.

I hope you feel better soon though, good luck to you

Are you sure the schedule being posted is just not some sort of technical error? Did you talk to somebody or get a confirmation saying you were not allowed to attent school? I don't know the specifics on how it works, but I'm pretty sure they would notify you and you would have to talk to the dean. And I don't think getting one F should constitute you getting kicked out of school. My brother failed Italian this last semester and all that means to him is his gpa plummeted. And in the end, no one cares about your gpa anyways.

Ok, well, the worst case scenario is that you are out of school, for 6 months you said? In that time you could go to a tech school for the classes you failed and have the credits tranfer for when you go back. You could volunteer/intership for what you are going to school for.

You should first find out about the schedule situation and not panic until you know exactly whats going on. Once you do find out, make a plan and go from there.

You CAN talk to your dean before it becomes final. request a second decision and make an appointment with him. He will go through your record, look you down, and ask why you should get a second chance. whether you convince him or not he will ask that you take several self improvement classes/meetings/videos and get several letters of recomendation. then the dead will decide whether you've done enough or not and make a final decison and mail it to you.

Yes, talk to your dean. I know it is scary to go do that, but they are compassionate people and understand that students struggle.

My first semester of college, I was studying to be a biomedical engineer. Had a full load of science and math classes. Failed most of them and I freaked out since I was worried I was going to be kicked out of school. I went to talk to the assistant dean of engineering. He was a nice guy. My first question when I got in his office, was "are you going to throw me out of here". He laughed, looked out his window and said "Nah, it's too far of a fall and would make too much of a mess". Then he laughed and told me to sit and not worry. We talked and he helped me come up with a class schedule that could help me adjust to life at school and still do ok in classes.

yeah this is pretty much confirmed because under my status it said "requested withdrawal.." so that means they are withdrawing me from my courses. my sister said I can appeal it atleast and what I am truly hoping for is to just be able to attend college from january onward. I think working for a semester and reflecting can really help me figure out what I want to do with my life so I can become motivated enough to do it. I feel so disappointed..I had a terrible break up with my ex a little over a year ago and now instead of making progress I am getting kicked out of college..it just seems like the worst possible scenario..

Don't fret.

I was depressed and disinterested my freshman year of college and flunked out too. I felt crappy for a few months, especially because my parents like rubbing it in my face. So I went to community college, picked up where I left off, went to a different Uni and graduated with a 3.85 in the end.

I'm now 26 and make borderline 6 figures.

To be honest, after a few years of work experience, no one even cares or asks what your GPA was. Not even big companies. Infact, I hate that I didn't slack MORE in college and go to more parties and social events. Unless you're trying to get into pre-med or something, don't sweat it.

yea I feel a little better now about the situation..I am going to be calling the college and try booking an appointment with an advisor to appeal the withdrawal to try to be back in school by January. If something doesn't work out then I think I will work for 4 months and then try attending a different college in January. It's not the end of the world and I could tell that my tears came out of fear of being out of that safe spot..being in school in general makes me believe that I am doing something in life and when that was taken away from me I panicked. I honestly think I need to find a job that is somewhat related to what I want to do. So I hope I can find some kind of marketing/business type of area for work this fall so I can get an idea of what work is like in that area and study hard for it when I get my chance to go back to school. I felt a lot better from the comments and I wanted to say thank you for all of the feedback..

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

i am also getting kicked out of college, i really dont know what to do. it is not about my grades, its about my financial status. turns out just when i decided start college for the second time (i am 21 nd still a freshman) my moms business when bankrupted and i decided to come to US for college. (i am an international student) i had to pay full tuition but the school has given me a lot of opportunities to pay nd even tho it took my mom and me a long time, we paid the first semester. now i am in second semester but i still have a lot of trouble with money and the school is withdrawing me because i am not paying on time.. what am i supposed to do? i am 21 and lost basically 3 years. during the year i took off between college and college i worked my ass off for 5 mnths during 60 hours as a nanny but the family never paid me anythingg and stole 4000 dollars from my mom... they basically owe me 12000 dollars but i cant claim them because i worked illegally. i am a complete failure i really have no idea of what is next in my life. i love my college, my friends, i am really trying, i dont party like crazy, i dont do drugs, i try to be a good person and the only thing i want is to finish college. i am not here to have a good time. i am responsible, school has been the most important thing in my life since i was little. i have amazing grades but i am not able to get scholarships because i am international. now they will probably revoke my turist and student visas and i will not even be able to come back.. ever. how am i supposed to live through this??

• 1 month later...

I just got kicked out of school and feel like I have no future now. I was on acdemic probation for a yr straight and didn't manage to pick up my GPA to a 2.0. I just dont know what to do anymore. I'm 25 got kicked out and now I have nothing no job no future for myself. I am thinking that I might just enlist in the army do something with my life cuz it just seems like I have no future here. I rly need to figures things out before I make any drastic decision. ugh just feel like my world is just crumbling down

I take it you are all getting your Bachelor's? How do you fail undergrad classes? I'm no genious, but they were mostly pretty easy. Did you party too much or just not do the work? I would talk to an advisor and devise a plan that will keep you motivated. Good luck!

• 10 months later...

well i wasnt going to tell my sick story but ill tell it anyway... it all started when im 16 and it was my first time in college(maritime school) you know i had no idea what life it would be and then it all went good but suddenly i experienced financial problems tuition fee increased etc. I have no choice but to transfer to another school so i went to this tec uni passed the entrance exam( that was 2008 ) thank god i passed! after one year something bad happen i failed my subjects tuition fee increased again, i got a 5 on three class card that was rotc, chem 2 and i forget the last one sorry that was long ago anyway they have rules that if you failed or got three 5 on a classcard on a single semester youll be automatically KICK OUT! i talk to my dean and he said he cant help me i told him that i have problems with money, family etc. still in the end i was total kick out of that miserable uni. At first i cant believe it i cry and cry i wanted to die, but i realize that doing that is the worst and stupidiest. And crying over to that wont change it?! so accept reality was the best. Right now all important to me is god, a job my bestfriend. im going 23 yr old. so my friend dont give up just live, believe and survive ok

I had a friend who was out of college for a while, but he is working hard and after some time passed was allowed back in, albeit with some restrictions (they would let him stay on if he met certain conditions i.e. a good GPA). It can be hard, but it is possible to regain your future. Don't give up.

Archived