Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 78

Thread: Men to chase or not? Do women like being chased?

  1. #1
    bubblyblonde11
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London. UK
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,736
    Gender
    Female

    Men to chase or not? Do women like being chased?

    Do men still like to chase women, especially at the beginning when you start dating? Do they like to take the lead when making the first few dates?

    What do women prefer being chased and pursued?

    From what I have read in books etc, men like to chase/pursue and to give to a female they like, a women just has to be receptive and thank him.
    i.e. books like Men are from Mars Women are from Venus "on a date".

  2. #2
    Shin kensen
    Silver Member Shin kensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lancaster University
    Age
    28
    Posts
    384
    Gender
    Male
    hmm interesting, but I don't think the traditional "date" applies as much as it did back in the '90s as opposed to today. So really the "chase" has been wiped out.

  3. #3
    Entropy Smith

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Yawk
    Posts
    915
    Gender
    Male
    Men are from Mars is rudamentary at best...take the lead...sort of...chase...never...i like to chase by letting them chase me...

  4. #4
    Shin kensen
    Silver Member Shin kensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lancaster University
    Age
    28
    Posts
    384
    Gender
    Male
    Yeah. It's one of the most critisised claims made in MAfM,WAfV that men seek the role of power, and women seek the passive "back-seat". It's also afaik, been subject to very limited research.

  5. #5
    Gath
    Gold Member Gath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Age
    36
    Posts
    729
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblyblonde11 [Register to see the link]
    Do men still like to chase women, especially at the beginning when you start dating? Do they like to take the lead when making the first few dates?

    What do women prefer being chased and pursued?

    From what I have read in books etc, men like to chase/pursue and to give to a female they like, a women just has to be receptive and thank him.
    i.e. books like Men are from Mars Women are from Venus "on a date".
    everyone wants to feel chased now and then. it shouldn't be one sided. but at the same time, things get boring if its too easy. the trick is to run juuuust far enough ahead that they think they're going to catch you, and then let them do so only when you're ready.

  6. #6
    bubblyblonde11
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London. UK
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,736
    Gender
    Female
    Quote Originally Posted by Gath [Register to see the link]
    everyone wants to feel chased now and then. it shouldn't be one sided. but at the same time, things get boring if its too easy. the trick is to run juuuust far enough ahead that they think they're going to catch you, and then let them do so only when you're ready.
    very good point, I like that. Keeps everyone on there toes!

  7. #7
    IronLion85
    Gold Member IronLion85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,490
    Gender
    Male
    The whole chase and pursue thing is a game. I don't like games, I'd rather move straight to the real stuff instead of having a carrot dangled in front of my face.

  8. #8
    renaissancewoman101
    Platinum Member renaissancewoman101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the land by the sea
    Age
    43
    Posts
    10,365
    Gender
    Female
    Thanked
    18
    As a woman, I both like and don't like the chase. It's a real ego boost as well as an exhilarating feeling to be chased by someone you like and have feelings for. It makes you feel needed and wanted. I DON'T like the chase though because in a way, you are playing a "game" (acting aloof, etc) so you peak a guy's interest. I find that hard to do because I tend to be the type of person that lets the other person know if I dig him or not. I have a hard time hiding my feelings.

  9. #9
    free2Bme
    Gold Member free2Bme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Age
    37
    Posts
    779
    Gender
    Female
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissancewoman101 [Register to see the link]
    As a woman, I both like and don't like the chase. It's a real ego boost as well as an exhilarating feeling to be chased by someone you like and have feelings for. It makes you feel needed and wanted. I DON'T like the chase though because in a way, you are playing a "game" (acting aloof, etc) so you peak a guy's interest. I find that hard to do because I tend to be the type of person that lets the other person know if I dig him or not. I have a hard time hiding my feelings.
    I agree, I like to be chased, but only for a brief time I suppose, but I give in to the chase very easily if I like the guy. My BF can read me so easily, I am so open about my feelings and wear my heart on my sleeve. thereforeeee I don't like games either, I hate things like 'the 3 day rule' - they're either interested or not, why pretend you're not if you are haha!

    BTW, your guinea piglets are soooooo cute!!!

  10. #10
    Tony426
    Bronze Member Tony426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    357
    I hate chasing women. We are not in junior highschool anymore. Stop with these silly games. Either you're interested or you're not interested. I'm done with these games of cat and mouse.

  11.  

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Chronically late girlfriend
Well, where to start... sorry this is a bit of a long post, but hopefully it's quite interesting or entertaining!... My girlfriend is chronically
The back n forth guy. Please help!
I have a dilemma that is driving me crazy. I really need some advice badly! Feel like im goin mad as i dont know what to do! Ill try and keep it
He wants me to chase him !
Hello all, I have posted about a man I have been interested in and here is another one. : ) Seems very shy and we have gone back and forth
Complicated older guy....
So I met this guy a few years ago. At the time he was married and so was I but I can admit I thought he was a attractive guy. Fast forward a few
Idk what I see in these men?
So I fell for a guy who was not at same place in life as me. I ignored my instincts of what he lacked (age, maturity level etc) and fell for the
Need advice .. Am I overreacting ??
Hi I'm new to this forum and would like some advice. I'll make this as short as possible. Been with my boyfriend 3.5 years. He's very caring and
.
Deleted - forgot why I stopped using these forums. No one is willing to offer sensible advice, everyone just wants to be negative.

Featured Threads
Parent and relationships problems
So clearly i need help sooo i will get right into the story.....sorry its so long I am a 25 year old male who is in a relationship with my 19
My boyfriend is trying to date other woman on online dating site.
I really need help. I am so confused. My boyfriend is on online dating site. He said he wants to date other women. We were on and off relationship
My wife left me without having even a talk
Hi everybody, I wonder if this is normal just to leave a marriage of 7 years without having a proper talk before moving on? It happened to me that
Confused about FWB
Last weekend my FWB and I made plans to meet up. He drove down from his place to go to a party with friends, afterwards he was coming to spend the
Everything is just JUMBLED
I have an extremely, EXTREMELY screwed up life. At least from my point of view it is. At least I think I'm the only one that knows my own
Getting over someone to be with them again later?
Long story short, my ex broke up with me after 4 years because he said he was immature and needed to grow up without me and part of that was meeting
Need Advice - it's urgent for me
Hello Everyone, I meesed up my life and I take full responsibilty. I ned advice and what to do to remedy the situation immediately and prevent it
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •