Is it okay to not call your girlfriend everyday?

HyruleGuardian

I think you should call even if it's just to say hello and goodnight. It just shows that you care.

I for one have major problems when a bf 'just doesn't call'

I respect him more if he can call and say, "hey ...... blah blah blah, but i just wanted to call . . . blah blah blah .. . but im tired." Rather then him not calling at all you know?

My boyfriend also didn't call me every day and I hated it. I missed him so I still called him daily but over time it disturbed me more and more until I didn't want to call him as well. It definitely shows you care, even if it's just to say hi. It takes like two minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't like calling every day, especially if I have nothing to say. From the looks of it here on ENA, and some comments made by my ex, I'm just a horrible person that doesn't care because of it

I hate phones, they annoy me, and I can't multi-task when on the phone ... so if it rings I have to drop everything I'm doing or I just can't concentrate on the call and end up being too quiet or missing out on what was said. So, it annoys me when my phone rings often.

Don't get me wrong ... I've called people I've dated before ... but only when I have something to say or actively had one of those "I miss my partner" moments when I wanted to hear their voice ... otherwise I don't call.

Again - guess that makes me a bad person. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Calling up to just say: I love you. Does it really mean how you feel? What I mean by this is that do you feel like calling up to give a routine: I Love You or How was your day? Does it really adds anything to the relationship? Of course, maybe she feels that way, but do you? Maybe she doesn't even feel that way. I think you should be honest with her about it. Personally I don't call my girlfriend for 2 or three days at a time. And she doesn't call me. We only do so if we really need to communicate something. I don't like talking on the phone. The telephone made communication convenient, not necessarily meaningful. What I mean by this is that when my girlfriend and I see each other after three days of not just saying: Hey, how are you? We really want to catch up on each other's lives. Well, that's just my opinion. I don't like to say: I Love You, every night because a piece of machinery has made it a convenience. I would prefer to see my girlfriend's sweet face on Friday night and tell her how I feel, tell her everything, and tell her that I love her.

I think it all boils down to what your girlfriends likes and expects. I can understand how some people want to chat to their partners everyday. However, I agree with Puruntai. I'm about quality not quantity, but of course I don't want to feel neglected. Not calling everyday doesn't make me feel that way. Go a week and that's a different story. I'm also not a phone person and hate to be smothered. I'm also pretty busy myself, but when we talk, or are together, I try to give all of my attention.

Archived