Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it okay to not call your girlfriend everyday?

Is it okay to not call your girlfriend everyday?

I'm at a point in my life where things are just so hectic. I'm doing so much crap and sometimes I just want to come home and sleep. Because of this, my phone calls to my girlfriend are usually always short and uninspired. Plus it seems like I have nothing to talk about when I'm like that.

I had an ex that didn't think he had to talk to me everyday, (it really showed me how he truly felt about me) I think at least a little I love you how was your day should be done. I mean if you care about someone at least.

You dont have to have an hour long conversation every time you talk, but even just a hey how are you, or just saying goodnight...

I think you should call even if it's just to say hello and goodnight. It just shows that you care.

I for one have major problems when a bf 'just doesn't call'

I respect him more if he can call and say, "hey ...... blah blah blah, but i just wanted to call . . . blah blah blah .. . but im tired." Rather then him not calling at all you know?

Gold Member
    Yeah, take the 5 minutes, make the call in the car on the way home. Say I love you and Ask her how her day was. It's worth the relief she will feel.

Gold Member
    Why not talk to your girlfriend about this? Only she can tell you the amount of contact she needs from you.

My boyfriend also didn't call me every day and I hated it. I missed him so I still called him daily but over time it disturbed me more and more until I didn't want to call him as well. It definitely shows you care, even if it's just to say hi. It takes like two minutes.

Gold Member
    you can always just keep it very brief, also if you don;t want to actually talk then text messages?

Some people tell me that I might come off as too clingy because I call everyday. I guess I'll just ask her about it.

it won't be clingy if you make it brief. and plus, it gives her an opportunity to share with you about her day. so how could that be clingy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice