Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it okay to not call your girlfriend everyday?

It's not clingy; it's what couples do. They talk. Even if you're tired you can make it quick. Tell her that you're exhausted and you just need to hear her voice. It's sweet.
    Last edited by -Ophelia-; 08-21-2007 at 11:20 PM.

2. 08-21-2007, 10:46 PM
    Reason
    Repeated post

i guess in my case everything is different or may be i think i care about her and love her too much so she takes me for granted and iknow one day it will happen i will just walk away without sayin anything coz i did whatever i can and now may be time for me to move on ....

I don't think it's necessary to call your girlfriend every single day. I end up talking to my boyfriend just about every single day but it is not a forced interaction. I would explain to your girlfriend that you have a lot going on in your life.

I don't like calling every day, especially if I have nothing to say. From the looks of it here on ENA, and some comments made by my ex, I'm just a horrible person that doesn't care because of it

I hate phones, they annoy me, and I can't multi-task when on the phone ... so if it rings I have to drop everything I'm doing or I just can't concentrate on the call and end up being too quiet or missing out on what was said. So, it annoys me when my phone rings often.

Don't get me wrong ... I've called people I've dated before ... but only when I have something to say or actively had one of those "I miss my partner" moments when I wanted to hear their voice ... otherwise I don't call.

Again - guess that makes me a bad person. lol

No, you shouldn't have to call everyday.

Calling up to just say: I love you. Does it really mean how you feel? What I mean by this is that do you feel like calling up to give a routine: I Love You or How was your day? Does it really adds anything to the relationship? Of course, maybe she feels that way, but do you? Maybe she doesn't even feel that way. I think you should be honest with her about it. Personally I don't call my girlfriend for 2 or three days at a time. And she doesn't call me. We only do so if we really need to communicate something. I don't like talking on the phone. The telephone made communication convenient, not necessarily meaningful. What I mean by this is that when my girlfriend and I see each other after three days of not just saying: Hey, how are you? We really want to catch up on each other's lives. Well, that's just my opinion. I don't like to say: I Love You, every night because a piece of machinery has made it a convenience. I would prefer to see my girlfriend's sweet face on Friday night and tell her how I feel, tell her everything, and tell her that I love her.

I think it all boils down to what your girlfriends likes and expects. I can understand how some people want to chat to their partners everyday. However, I agree with Puruntai. I'm about quality not quantity, but of course I don't want to feel neglected. Not calling everyday doesn't make me feel that way. Go a week and that's a different story. I'm also not a phone person and hate to be smothered. I'm also pretty busy myself, but when we talk, or are together, I try to give all of my attention.

It is fine not to talk with her everyday. Heck, cavemen and neanderthal went on hunts for days without being with their mates. It is alright, just don't neglect her, which sounds like you would never do that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice