im 17 and she is 14

87yuppy

i recently met an amazin girl hu lives in my village! we started off as friends thn developed into more! i would like to go out with her! she is mature for her age mentally! is this wrong or not? the problem is aswell we both love each other! plz help thx u

depending upon what state you live in this could be classified as statutory rape if things led into a sexual relationship...

link removed

theres a sight to go check for yourself for the legality of it.

however...17 & 14 is junior & freshman in high school...in which case there may be some people that frown upon it but I know how I was at that age and to be quite honest, once you hit high school all bets are off I think when it comes to dating other people in high school...

dunno tho...

be careful...do what you feel is right

Welcome to ENA

14 is a bit young for a girl to be caught up in a romantic relationship with anyone, and the fact that you are 3 years older makes it even worse.

At 14, she is just getting used to the new concept (for her) of attraction to boys ... and the concept of distinguishing beteen "love" and "physical attraction" is totally beyond her comprehension right now no matter how "mature" she seems to you.

You should be seeing girls closer to your own age.

Zack.

yuppy...

I'm an attorney over here in the states and usually look at things like this in a legal aspect first...was just saying to be careful of legal issues IF it lead to a sexual relationship.

I don't know the laws in jolly ol' England on this...

however...me personally...I took a freshman girl to homecoming my junior year of high school...she was 14 and I was 17...her and I dated for a bit and at the time I didn't think anything wrong with it...and even looking back I still don't.

if she is mentally capable of handling the dating world and you have a mutual interest in eachother then I would say its ok...however please understand that she is still a young girl and you need to consider what your eventual goal is with this relationship.

good luck

well then...be careful...

IF....and I cant stress that enough...IF this turns into a sexual relationship and englands laws are anything like the states then her parrents can press charges agaisnt you even if she says the sex was consensual.

I've seen it happen here in the US...young boys get sent to juvie and have to spend the rest of their lives listed on a national "sexual predator" list...not quite the thing you want to put on a resume...

be careful my friend

Welcome to ENA

14 is a bit young for a girl to be caught up in a romantic relationship with anyone, and the fact that you are 3 years older makes it even worse.

At 14, she is just getting used to the new concept (for her) of attraction to boys ... and the concept of distinguishing beteen "love" and "physical attraction" is totally beyond her comprehension right now no matter how "mature" she seems to you.

You should be seeing girls closer to your own age.

Zack.

I think you're a bit behind the times. Kids of 13 these days are having sex.

Secondly. It's fairly normal for a 14 year old to look mature (as in 16+), and hang around with 16 year olds, maybe have a relationship with them if they're interested.

Attraction to males may be new for them, since 2-3 years parhaps, however, you must remember girls mature quicker than boys, especially in this field.

I think it's fine to have a relationship with her, heck I wouldn't care if you had sex with her as long as she consented. (If you do , be careful of what her parents / brothers / law enforcement officials may think.)

Secondly. It's fairly normal for a 14 year old to look mature (as in 16+), and hang around with 16 year olds, maybe have a relationship with them if they're interested.

Attraction to males may be new for them, since 2-3 years parhaps, however, you must remember girls mature quicker than boys, especially in this field.

Nope, everything you say was true when I was 17. I wasn't commenting on what lots of kids do, but whether it is a good idea in answer to the OP's question. The same was true 20 years ago and will be true 20 years from now, so don't even try the argument "things are different in this modern day and age," they aren't ... 14 is too young for a romantic relationship regardless of gender, especially with a 17 year old.

Zack.

ok 17 and 14 personally i wouldnt go there but im not one to judge i mean love comes at any age right?? dont forget the legal age is 16 though even though some girls do it before that and if your looking at a long term relationship allways be open with her and talk to her about any problems you encounter

good luck

I think it's fine to have a relationship with her, heck I wouldn't care if you had sex with her as long as she consented. (If you do , be careful of what her parents / brothers / law enforcement officials may think.)

OMG! Just because they are having it doesn't mean they SHOULD be or it should be condoned!

I had sex when I was 14 and I WAS NOT READY. I consented, I thought it was what I wanted, I was sexually active from then on... but it is only now in my 20's that I have matured enough to actually enjoy and understand it and my body and my partners more. Now I look back and realize I WAS NOT READY!

You have no idea what your doing at 14 even if you THINK you do. Sex should happen later and men and boys like this one should be more responsible and realize that even when a KID seems "mature" and wants it, he/she does not understand the deepness of what they are doing.

• 2 months later...

The question is.. how long have you had the friendship? Love is nothing without friendship. If you only known her for a short time then I suggest you be patient and develop the friendship even more, not in an artificial way, in a natural way.

Just out of curiosity, what is she like? What sort of things is she into - intellectual, religion, justice-rights topics? What kind of friends does she have, girls who are only interested of 'fit' boys, what is her mentality like, what kind of qualities does she have?

• 3 weeks later...

you would think we were living in the 1920's

for gods sake,

fourteen isn't young anymore

it might have used to be

but not anymore

go for it

all i'd say is don't pressure her on the sexual side of things

but if she is comfortable with it,

then i personally don't think it's something you're doing wrong at all

it's just all about consent in my eyes

x