"Bold Moves"

AbFab

Hi ENA'ers,

I was wondering if there are any inspiring stories out there of people being shy or not, and took a chance and made a bold move (approaching) towards a person they admired, and you thought the approach might not even work but "who cares anyway" maybe it did maybe it didn't. I must admit I like reading the situational threads, I do find them to be motivating in some ways, give you a perspective as you’re not the only person who finds approaching people awkward or hard. All and any stories are welcome would love to hear.

Thanks

I have one which didn't amount to anything, but it felt good. At school, there was a boy I really liked. We had our final exams and I saw him just before one (knowing I'd probably never see him again) and he approached me, said hi and chatted, then walked away. I then walked after him and said I'd really miss him because he was very funny. Okay, that's hardly asking the guy out, but it was a big thing for me. His response wasn't very brilliant - basically agreeing that he was funny, but I felt good making the effort anyway.

Hi ENA'ers,

I was wondering if there are any inspiring stories out there of people being shy or not, and took a chance and made a bold move (approaching) towards a person they admired, and you thought the approach might not even work but "who cares anyway" maybe it did maybe it didn't. I must admit I like reading the situational threads, I do find them to be motivating in some ways, give you a perspective as you’re not the only person who finds approaching people awkward or hard. All and any stories are welcome would love to hear.

Thanks

went too college, was extreamly shy of approaching a woman (im not afraid too talk too a woman i find attractive never have been, approaching is where i have too kick myself and make myself do it) well one day i got so tired of always being lonely i just snapped and apporached a woman, i didnt get the number or anything but i talked i wasent rejected or anything, but it builded self confidence, i approach about 3 more girls that year. last time i approached a woman was december of 2006, and right now its august of 2007 and i havent approached since, scared? no, but im not an approacher, i dont approach people its not me. and its not the only way too get too know more females, the people that stick with me are people who approach me, and theres been about in my lifetime about 10 women who approached me and we talked consistantly.

there you have it a lifetime story of the spicy chalupa's life.

At the age of 22 I was working at a bar one night and saw a quite attractive young woman. For some reason that night I was feeling about as non-self-conscious as I have ever felt, so I managed to make eye contact with her a few times, and even managed to smile at her. Then, when the set ended, I started making my way over toward her table to say hello, which is something I had never done before, nor since. It was almost an out-of-body experience for me.

I never got close enough to talk to her, though. She glanced up and saw me coming from about 25-30 feet away, and immediately she and her friends got up and quickly left through the opposite door, darting looks back at me occasionally as if to make sure I wasn't following. That part, unfortunately, was far more familiar to me.

infj,

i'm ashamed of myself for not being as bold as you, though i am probably older. i wrote one such letter and sent it by mail. i was shaken up for a good 2 hours or so. i waited so long for a response that i even called her up!! this was back in senior year HS. but having a crush for a good 4 years, i had to get it off my chest and move on. ofcourse she ignored me the whole time and acted like nothing happened

a few months back, i chatted up a group of girls at a club. made a casual remark/observation. quick get to know you conversation...and i mean quick...i ran into them a few times, shared a few drinks, hung out in the lounge area. though i really don't have any strong feelings, but its funner than being by myself.

i remember i met another girl at a club, though i had met her once and emailed on facebook several times. i'm not a very good dancer so i kept my distance. she was a little drunk so she pulled me into her. yes i enjoyed it. another time same girl at a club, she beckons me to sit on her lap. later in the night we head toward the lounge area with her friend, i don't pay attention and was about to sit next to her friend but i think "what am i doing?" i need to sit next to my lady friend. i do and pull some bold move of nudging her leg over my thigh until she was sitting on my lap, close enough to where i could feel her warm breath on my ears.

and another time, same girl at the club again, we had hung out earlier in the day. i was getting the friend zone vibe all the day, (not to mention my dinner conversation wasn't that great). when we started dancing i was getting the friendzone vibe as well. don't know what made me reached for both her hands, but she didn't protest. just a little contact of the fingers was all it took for her to commit to a full hand holding dancing session(more like her showing me how to dance), and we started dancing closer...she drove me home, i didn't want to lean in for a kiss, so i went for a blatant hug, you know the hug where i turn my face away to indicate i'm not leaning in for a kiss. well she gave me a peck on the cheek...why did she just give me a kiss like i was a little kid???

and that's my 30 years of romantic experience.

Aww, that's so cute! I like the really shy girls. This one girl I asked out, and she just froze and turned a pale white at the same time. You could tell she was really nervous, and for a while after that (she worked at a deli), she'd always start making a bunch of little mistakes when I was around. We flirted for a while after that (my friend said it was at about a third grade level, though, lol), but we never went out.

Okay, but my bold story. Well, I'm not sure how bold it was, but after just suffering from a string of consecutive rejections, I was feeling pretty defeated and acting pretty shy. There was this incredibly beautiful girl that practically every guy at our college knew of. All of my friends gave her a 10 out of 10 in looks, lol. Anyways, I knew she was way out of my league, so I had no intention of asking her out until one day I saw her listening in on a conversation I was having with a friend of mine about dancing. On nothing more than a whim, I asked if she'd like to go dancing sometime. Totally out of the blue, but her face lit up, and she gave me this big smile and said yes. We ended up going out for a couple of months after that.

I don't know why I even said that, to be honest. Immediately after I asked, I thought to myself, "Oh my gosh; did I just ask her out!?" And not thirty seconds after that, one of my friends comes up and asks the same thing, "Dude, did you just ask her out?"

Well, dating her has given me some serious confidence (and even quite a reputation around the local community), and so I feel much more confident now. Maybe a month ago, I was on a bike ride and approached this random girl sitting there eating lunch in a business suit, asking to eat lunch with her. She said sure, and that was that; we had a good conversation, but that's all.

Archived