When soemone says (I) miss you, does it mean anything?

jonkristoffer

I met this girl (online) recently, we seem to hit it off, and became friends (nothing more). I had asked her twice for advice regarding this (other) special girl-friend that I like and her advice were great; but she's still a stranger to me.

By the way we're both a member of 2 different sites, one of which this girl that I like is also a member. I became busy this past few weeks and wasn't online that much, then she made a comment on my page saying "(I) miss you" (just without the I) and again on the other site "miss, miss, miss you"

I'm not gonna elaborate on why I asked her for advice about this other girl, but it's just to "get into" a female psyche.

I have this understanding that you only say "I miss you" to someone special in your life (ie GF/BF, family member)

By the way, she's in a relationship with someone, and like I said, I like someone else.

When she said "(I) miss you" does it mean anything?

And how do I respond to it without "leading her on"?

All it means is that she misses you. Missing someone or something is simply that. You can miss anyone or anything. Heck I miss hanging around some of the guys I used to work with in college and they certainly were not "someone special in my life".

You are over analyzing it.

hey so she has a boyfriend so she probably just means that she misses talking to you or simply enjoys talkin to you and misses that..so it def. does not necessarily have to be that she "likes" you..Since she does have a boyfriend and you don't want to lead her on, the respectful thing to say back would probably be something along the lines of "Thanks, how are you, I've been pretty busy lately" OR "Hey hope everything is going well with you"

Um, I'd tred cautiously with this one. I think if you feel some concerns about her feelings about you, then your intuition may be correct that she may feel a little more for you than you thought. I think that a girl saying 'miss you' to an online acquaintance is more than just saying she misses you - especially when she repeats the word 'miss' three times and says it to you in two different online areas. A more normal thing for her to say would be something like 'did my advice help?' or 'how are you?' if she wants to get your attention.

If you don't respond back, she'll get the hint that you are not interested in anything. If you want to continue to have an online friendship with her, you should be cautious in what you say to her and be very casual in your interactions and make sure she is clear that you are interested in someone else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived