Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 404142434445 LastLast

Thread: If I am so hot then why don't men approach me?

Originally Posted by Lightspeed
    I know men don't want to hear us talk, but we need to know if there's a connection before it goes any further.
    That's not true at all. We love interesting women. They make everything better, especially sports. The thing is tho, its so rare to actually meet a woman who enjoys sports that the idea of coming up and asking you about why you like a certain sport, for example, doesn't even register in our minds. We automatically assume you're there with "somebody". Let's be frank for a moment, how many women actually genuinely love sports...Not that many.

But anyways, if you make eye contact and smile then you're at least putting in the effort!

I just say that because generally speaking, it's generally true.

But still, now you have the suggestion in your mind that there are a few of us that really like sports and wouldn't mind meeting someone to watch the rest of the game with! So maybe you'll try it. Plus, it can't damage your ego if you just go up and talk sports in a sports bar. That's what they're there for.

if you are hot OP, i'd approach you.

Gold Member
    this thread is useless without pics..

I cant believe this thread is still going LOL

Originally Posted by littlestar
    I have had this issue for a long time now.
    My female friends describe me as "hot"
    My male friends and people i know well describe me as "hot" but yet no man has ever ever ever dared to approach me.
    Now and then i will spot someone looking at me or flirting with me but that's as far as it goes.

So my question is if i am so hot then why aren't men approaching me?
    A friend once told me "you're to hot and they feel intimidated by you and they think you're most probably taken by the way you look"

I totally disagree with her and think that someone being good looking couldn't be a deterent.
    What are your thoughts?
    It's not you, its just the marjority of men out there don't approach women. It can be intimidating to some men, and i'll admit if i see a hot girl i can think (hey is she taken? ... she's probablly stuck up, has a boyfriend etc) but i've proven myself wrong on a lot of occasions. And 9 times out of 10 i can spot approachable good looking girls that don't have the stuck up attitude.

My advice - if you're in a club (most likely place you will be approached) smile look friendly, say hi, give him something to work with. A lot of men might be flattered you're talking to them who knows... or why not approach some men yourself? step out of your comfort zone a bit.

Originally Posted by Lowconfidence
    Actually it's very hard to approach strangers in any given situation, especially in bars. No one wants to get the cold shoulder or be called a creep. Maybe you should approach instead since you are attractive and can be intimidating.
    Actually, bars can be the best place. If she blows you off (which ill tell you, most of the time, girls are polite and won't blow you off) then no1 really cares. Actually no 1 gives a damn anyway if you're ignored when you approach. People are getting on with their own lives. But the only way to get over the fear is to do it yourself.

couple years ago, me and my buddy spent a week at university going out, just talking to girls - and it made it a lot easier because i wans't doing it on my own. After the ordeal we were pretty much talking to girls without realising it.... try it

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by lil kitty
    sometimes it is better to let the other person loves you more than you love them. that's why guys doesn't want to be with a person hotter than them.
    I disagree. I don't...I always go for a challenge...depends on the character of a guy.

Originally Posted by boo121
    But the only way to get over the fear is to do it yourself.
    I agree! If she is looking at you, and subtly smiles, then looks down, slightly embarrassed, she's yours. Go approach her. She's waiting for you!

Littlestar, if that's really you in your profile picture (holding a book) then I can see why most men are intimidated.

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 404142434445 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice