If I am so hot then why don't men approach me?

littlestar

I have had this issue for a long time now.

My female friends describe me as "hot"

My male friends and people i know well describe me as "hot" but yet no man has ever ever ever dared to approach me.

Now and then i will spot someone looking at me or flirting with me but that's as far as it goes.

So my question is if i am so hot then why aren't men approaching me?

A friend once told me "you're to hot and they feel intimidated by you and they think you're most probably taken by the way you look"

I totally disagree with her and think that someone being good looking couldn't be a deterent.

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey girls, i'm in the exact same boat. but i think i may have figured it out. personally, i don't like being with a guy hotter than i am, because then i immediately lose the upper hand. if you're with someone a lot hotter than you, then you'll always be wondering if he/she is screwing a serious hottie behind your back. so perhaps guys don't want a relationship because they want to have you under their thumb and they know that they won't with a drop dead gorgeous girl.

Although it doesn't bother me my boyfriend is hotter than me. Honestly it's no problem to me.

I remember being on a tram once many years ago with my then boyfriend and these guys were sitting opposite us and they were so rude i wanted to say something but ended up not saying anything.

As the tram stopped and me and then boyfriend were getting out, one made a comment to the other and said "what the hell is she doing with him? what an absolute waste!"

The funny thing was i dont remember that they were anything to look at lol

and it's not just screwing that i'm talking about. i mean, let's say you're an average looking girl with a HOTT bf. well, when he goes out without you, you would be soooo worried about other girls getting on him and stuff wouldn't you? other girls would constantly be on him and you would probably not be able to deal with girls hotter than you flirting with him. i think guys are avoiding those problems (just the other way around lol).

scorpio i always take time to appoach guys now and they are interested for a few days and then drop me lol

My current boyfriend actually thought there was no way he could have a chance with me and didnt even take me seriously for the first year of our relationship, he thought i was to good to be true. lol

annaelizabeth, i get what you're saying but would all guys think that way?

I dated a really really really hot guy once, he was heaven to look at. He was a playboy model, the body was perfect, hair perfect, body waxed and so perfectly tanned and when we went out together people would look at both of us lol but he still ended up dumping me.

After that his friend dated me for a while as well and then flicked me lol

Hi!

I have this problem too...seems to be the thread for us hey. I gave up trying to figure it out though. But I also don't believe I'm that fantastic to look at or anything...but now I just go out, have a good time and not think about whether or not I'm being looked at. Still single though! Hehehe!

But just to add to the trouble, I've been told that because I take care of myself and my appearance I come accross as high maintanance for men and some can't deal with that? Whatever is what I say. LOL!

Betty!

yeah i guess not all guys think that way, i'm just a very jealous person and get pissed when other girls look at my man...even when they are less hott than me.

and scorpio, you should just go up to him after class or something. he would probably crap his pants lol but seriously, he should feel lucky that ur giving him the time of day.

i do smile, i laugh, i dont smoke.

I hope i dont look bored lol

Betty you may have hit the nail on the head with the taking care of yourself comment meaning high maintenance to guys.

I am very well groomed. I wax often. Have acrylic nails done regularly. Hair coloured etc

I think we have the same problem here.

Archived