"Once you go Black you never go back"

rothman

lol i disagree with whomever said it's racist...I think it's just one of those funny cliches that people use to say hey blacks are hot too or whatever...But many people do use it to degrade other races but It seems it was intended to be funny basically..

But it is definitely NOT true for everybody...people are people...and we all have our preferences...

lol i disagree with whomever said it's racist...I think it's just one of those funny cliches that people use to say hey blacks are hot too or whatever...But many people do use it to degrade other races but It seems it was intended to be funny basically..

But it is definitely NOT true for everybody...people are people...and we all have our preferences...

I realize it's mostly said as a joke and understood to be a myth, but the OP was asking if it's true or not. If anyone takes the saying seriously, it's racist. That's not really an opinion either, I mean, it's the definition of racist; judging a group of people based entirely on their race.

I realize it's mostly said as a joke and understood to be a myth, but the OP was asking if it's true or not. If anyone takes the saying seriously, it's racist. That's not really an opinion either, I mean, it's the definition of racist; judging a group of people based entirely on their race.

Hey I understand what you are saying but in that...I think there are manyyyyy funny cliques out here...and I refuse to put the "racist" label on it...Obviously some races agree with it but I don't think it's meant to say..hey your race sucks and mine is better...I think it's just a saying that arised due to one person's preference and not meant to be racist at all..Like I said, some people probably take it too far but most people I have heard say that..uses it in a jokingly way..if it offends a certain race then that's not cool because people should realize it is a dumb cliche..

Hey I understand what you are saying but in that...I think there are manyyyyy funny cliques out here...and I refuse to put the "racist" label on it...Obviously some races agree with it but I don't think it's meant to say..hey your race sucks and mine is better...I think it's just a saying that arised due to one person's preference and not meant to be racist at all..Like I said, some people probably take it too far but most people I have heard say that..uses it in a jokingly way..if it offends a certain race then that's not cool because people should realize it is a dumb cliche..

Yeah, I'm not the kind of anally-politically-correct person where I would be offended if someone said that in a joking manner, but to be honest, I wouldn't be worried about offending other races, I would be worried about offending black people! I'm not black, but if I was, I could see myself being offended at that phrase being used in the wrong context. I mean, it tries to pigeonhole a whole race into a certain physical category...

Anyway, no harm, no foul!

Yup it's a myth. I'd be surprised if someone actually thought that it was true. It makes no sense. I've had a few white guys hit on me and say it thinking it's flattering but it really isn't. It's corny. Depending on the way someone means it it could be racist. If that person believes the myth that black people are hypersexual horndogs or only sees black people as sexual objects. I don't know where the saying originated but I think it probably did come from negative stereotypes of black people and their sexuality.

It would fit on a bumper sticker, but it's dumb.

It joins the myths that Latins are hot-blooded, Asians are hung like chipmunks, gays want to recruit straights and Swedes are promiscuous.

^^^

Lol and that Irish men want to sleep with their mothers...oh no wait, that's true

Yeah, I'm not the kind of anally-politically-correct person where I would be offended if someone said that in a joking manner, but to be honest, I wouldn't be worried about offending other races, I would be worried about offending black people! I'm not black, but if I was, I could see myself being offended at that phrase being used in the wrong context. I mean, it tries to pigeonhole a whole race into a certain physical category...

Anyway, no harm, no foul!

I don't see how anyone gets the phrase "once you go black you can't go back" as racist to black people. If it could be considered racist at all, it would be racist against the white men, not black....since it puts black men in a positive light and suggests his white counterparts are not packing heat in the trousers. It doesn't offend me at all, but I also wonder about anyone who puts any stock into such goofball sayings.

It's only a goofy cliche'd phrase and yes, the intent of that is meant to talk about the "endowment" factor that people have stereotyped for black males. I am probably older than many on this thread and I have never heard it was intended to be a diss AGAINST black males, rather the opposite.

There are well endowed white and black guys, and white and black not so endowed. Not that I have seen a great deal of nude men in my life, but hey girls talk and i've seen pics. ROFL!

It's a comment about as useful as "white men can't dance" or "white men can't jump".

These phrases can be funny but they are still evidenced that we do live in a very stereotypical society.

We could go on all day about numerous "cute" phrases like that, that put people into a proverbial box, but they are very nonsensical IMO.

First of all, there's more people in the world than "white men" and "black men". That's a dangerously narrow view of things to have, most of the world falls into neither category.

Second, to understand how it could be perceived as racist towards black people, I would refer you to afrodite79's post. I couldn't put it more eloquently than that. These things often have negative historical connotations associated with them.

First of all, there's more people in the world than "white men" and "black men". That's a dangerously narrow view of things to have, most of the world falls into neither category.

Second, to understand how it could be perceived as racist towards black people, I would refer you to afrodite79's post. I couldn't put it more eloquently than that. These things often have negative historical connotations associated with them.

You can quote whatever you want, but I think most people know what that phrase means. You can try to take it to a philosophical level, but it's not like that. I know why that saying was created. If some think it a slam against the black race they are looking at it from the wrong angle. The only slam there is to it is that it is putting a group of people into a proverbial box, which IMO is always wrong.

And if it sounds as if I had a narrow minded view that would be because the saying itself was formed by narrow minded people. I didn't create the saying. I just elaborated on the context of it, and yes the whole thing is narrow minded. Not me.

You can quote whatever you want, but I think most people know what that phrase means. You can try to take it to a philosophical level, but it's not like that. I know why that saying was created. If some think it a slam against the black race they are looking at it from the wrong angle. The only slam there is to it is that it is putting a group of people into a proverbial box, which IMO is always wrong.

And if it sounds as if I had a narrow minded view that would be because the saying itself was formed by narrow minded people. I didn't create the saying. I just elaborated on the context of it, and yes the whole thing is narrow minded. Not me.

To be clear, I wasn't intending to call you narrow-minded and apologize if that's how it came off. I just thought it was curious that your only and immediate counter-example to "black people" was "white people". Just an interesting observation if anything, shows how society has, in the past, tried to place these two groups as opposites.

I'll respectfully disagree with you that the saying does not have racist roots towards black people. Perhaps you don't feel it is there, but that does not make it a fact, that is merely your opinion.

I just thought it was curious that your only and immediate counter-example to "black people" was "white people". Just an interesting observation if anything, shows how society has, in the past, tried to place these two groups as opposites.

Because these are the two groups that were in question when that saying is used most of the time. Again, it is not MY mindset, I am talking about how it has been used and viewed years ago.

and yes, you have your opinion, I have mine. I think the saying is more offensive to ALL men of other races because it suggests they are not as endowed.

Either/or, I think it is a cornball saying to begin with. Like I said before an example of how we as a society often stereotype people and it's just not right no matter who the group is being stereotyped.

and yes, you have your opinion, I have mine. I think the saying is more offensive to ALL men of other races because it suggests they are not as endowed.

Either/or, I think it is a cornball saying to begin with. Like I said before an example of how we as a society often stereotype people and it's just not right no matter who the group is being stereotyped.

Wow, from being a spirited quirky comment, placed straight into a racism debate jeez.

Archived