LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $12,00 debt?!

$12,00 debt?!

I just found out that to have this baby it is going to cost me close to $12,000..... $12,000 my boy friend and I dont have. We could do it if I had insurance. but i found out that my dads wont cover me and I can't get on medicade (sP?) because my dad makes too much and I live in their house. If i were to move out I guess I could try and get on it, but if I cant then I'm just going to go into an even bigger debt because I'll have rent, utilities, dr bills and everything else that comes with living on your own. I'm even more stuck becuase I can't work as often because of being on bed rest rght now.

What the heck do i do?!

12,000 ????

What's wrong with the baby? I had three healthy kids, and none of them costed that much to deliver....is there a health concern?

quick move to Canada we have free medi care here !~!

can you get your own insurance??
    did you check if there is any kind of social assistance for this? ..cheaper doctors that do just as good?? there must be some kind of help.

Platinum Member
    How old are you?

Have you considered adoption? If you are not financially able to care for a baby, maybe you ought to see if adoption works for you.

i agree, 12K sounds high.

Where abouts do you live? I could look up free pre-natal care in your area....also, if your parents (depending on how old you are) let you become emancipated, then you would possibly qualify for medicaid...aren't you still covered on your parent's insurance???

it costs $12,00 after all the dr visits and the delivery and an epideral. i cant get insurance through where I work because I'm already pregnant and they wont cover it.

Adoption is not an option. (already started a thread about that one)

medicaide is the only thing I know of in my area (i live in Virginia). I'm 19 also. So i'm covered by parents insurance but it doesnt cover dependant pregnancies. so I'm soooo stuck.....

help

I looked up a few things in Virginia, (you know what county you are in, I don't of course) Look for the state health department of your county of residence, they can give you information on free, low cost clinics, (they go by your income on a sliding scale fee) Be your own advocate here, get to work, and stop panicking! No, don't give a child up because of money...that's crazy...your situation will change as you and your boyfriend get older. If I had thought about that, I would have never had children...and no, they aren't living on the state and we aren't destitute, it just wasn't easy when they were little. We scrimped and scraped by. But they are here with me and there isn't much I can compare them to. But the thing is, it is WORK, and you are the little mother, and guess what? It's mostly up to you! Pick up the phone, get on your computer and find answers. There IS help out there. If there weren't , the state would be overrun with premature and sick babies because people wouldn't go to doctors! 12,000 is simply a crazy number, perhaps if you had no insurance and your boyfriend was a professional basketball player for the NBA..but you are both young and starting out. Trust me, you aren't the only ones. My first son costed us maybe 3,000 dollars without help. I am sure YOU can get help !

Have you checked this?

link removed

Originally Posted by sidehop
    Have you checked this?

link removed
    Usually insurances, even if they enroll now sidehop, will not cover a pre-existing condition. Like pregnancy..for sure. Good try though.

Does your state offer any kind of insurance? Here in Massachusetts we have Mass Health it's kind of for low income people and my sister(who was 18 at the time of pregnancy) lived at home and qualified for it. I dont know how old you are but you should definitely qualify for it if your state has it that is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice