LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $12,00 debt?!

Originally Posted by forgiveand4get
    it costs $12,00 after all the dr visits and the delivery and an epideral. i cant get insurance through where I work because I'm already pregnant and they wont cover it.

Adoption is not an option. (already started a thread about that one)

medicaide is the only thing I know of in my area (i live in Virginia). I'm 19 also. So i'm covered by parents insurance but it doesnt cover dependant pregnancies. so I'm soooo stuck.....

help
    Yes, $12K is about the average. And just because someone doesn't have an initial $12K to put up for having the baby doesn't mean they won't be able to take care of it. (Sad state of healthcare in our country when adoption is suggested because someone doesn't have insurance...)

I would talk to someone at Medicaid about your options. If there is one medical condition Medicaid really bend over backwards to qualify someone for, it's pregnancy.

Platinum Member
    i suggested adoption because of a combination of factors:

• Living at home as a dependent of her parents.
    • Age 19.
    • Boyfriend has no money.
    • No insurance for the delivery.
    The OP may manage to make things work, but I still think considering adoption versus having the rest of the world pay the cost of having and raising this child is a responsible thing to do.

Adoption as a consideration also can be a good alternative for a child who's parents are not really ready for parenthood.

Hi. I live in Virginia too. I had a friend that was in the same situation as you, and there is another program other than medicaid. It's called FAMIS. You have to pay a teeny bit out of pocket but it will cover you since you live with your parents which is why my friend couldn't get medicaid. You can find it online...but really I would just go to your local Social Service department and they will help you.

Angie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice