Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "I love you...but..."<<-- tormenting and brain draining...

Bronze Member
    "I love you and you are the best thing to happen in my life in a long time. That is why it was such a hard decision to make. I still think about you and miss you."

My head was still spinning years later!!!!! * * * goes thru some of these peoples head.

After I heard the above qoute is when I started educating myself on PD's.

Originally Posted by beebee
    im sorry, but i laughed out loud when i read some of the excuses... if it wasnt so painful, it would be a comedy routine...

i would have loved to hear the truth but then again that would have been impossible because he was a boy trapped in a man's body... he didnt even know what love was... i realized this too late in the game...

the worse part of it all was that i believed his excuses ... "i love you, but... you dont rollerblade"... yes folks, its true... lmao... just one of the many excuses... and no, i didnt go out and buy rollerblades to show him... lol... the line of a lifetime!... in fact, im going to put that down as my quote!!!!!!!... lol...

God bless... beebee
    "i love you but, you dont rollerblade"...
    Outrageous!!!! ](*,)

I have read another line somewhere in ENA... they broke-up because the "boy's" excuse was both of them have big feet...

I just remembered that my ex told me...

"I am thinking about going back sometimes, but I already told most of our friends that we have broke up already... so it feels awkward if we get back... what will they say about us..."

This makes me angry still... I should have told her... go marry your friends if your love depends on what your friends say..

another one... "I love you but...my friends believes its better that we separated"...

She's really trying hard to make herself look nice..

"I love you but... Blah blah blah blah"...

Bronze Member
    So true... this is the best advice because 99.9999% of the time you never get the real reason.

If it happens in my next relationship I'm going to walk away day#1.

In the past I have spent months/years trying to figure out what I did wrong and why.

If they love you it doesn't matter what you do, they accept you for you (or at least that is what I think love is...

Bronze Member
    [quote=p_fred;1676418]

If they love you it doesn't matter what you do, they accept you for you (or at least that is what I think love is...

That's what I believe what true love is.

"I love you, but I'm not IN love with you."
    Pretty straight forward, but it still bugs me.

"I love you like a friend."
    Considering that the girl who said this to me says all sorts of hateful things about her friends behind their backs didn't fill me with glee.

"I love you, but I'm in a strange place right now"
    Although she was dead serious, I actually laughed in the girl's face when she said this. I couldn't help it, it was the funniest thing I'd ever heard. I still smile when i think about it.

Platinum Member
    "BUT" is certainly the biggest little word that I know of!!

Bronze Member
    I think I can finally add mine without tears!

I love you but I cannot see you anymore because I am going to put away my cross-dressing, bi-sexual ways and see another woman. This from the man that about 10 days prior was at the point where he would start taking hormones to become a woman. And had sex with a man within that 10 days.

These are examples of making excuses for breaking plans last minute.

"I love you but I am too drunk to find you." I was at home and he lived 5 blocks away.

"I love you but my grandma fixed me chicken."

It makes you wonder what these people think about these statements later!

going through the "i love you, BUT..." phase now, its totally confusing me.

"i love you BUT i just don't know" ?? - what don't you know? .. "i don't know"

"i love you BUT it may be too soon to try again".. hmm, like why?

"i love you BUT i don't love our relationship" ..

"i love you, I want to marry you, you are the one BUT i feel like maybe i have been in relationships since too young" ... not with me..

"i love you BUT I need to stand on my own two feet"... you were anyway and now you are standing on my head/heart.

I hear different variants all the time ... but she swears she is straight with me... well i just dont get it!!!

I'm guilty of the "I love you, but I just don't know" - but at least I could say what it was!

I think "I love you, but I don't love our relationship" is the common theme that bonds us all together on here; I don't view it as an excuse, but as something honest and valid.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice