Dream interpretation anyone? This one's real weird!

I do believe dreams are trying to tell us something, so I'd love feedback on my dream from two nights ago, here goes:

In the dream, the news was on tv. It was showing a news story about a man who had killed his 5 adult sons. The tv showed them rolling out 3 covered bodies on stretchers, one after the other, all to an ambulance.

The story goes on to stay Dr. Phil was the father who killed his sons, but in my dream, it's Phil Donahue, not today's Dr.Phil.

Anyway, I don't know how but I got the message that Phil wanted me to meet him at the mall for something. In the dream I don't even know this guy but apparently he knows me!

I get to the mall and he meets me and we go in a little room, he has some bag with him. He hands me a cheque for $10,000,000.00. He tells me he killed his sons cause he's dying and they don't deserve his fortune, he's always wanted me to have it. He says after he's gone I also get his mansion, the one I saw on TV with dead bodies being rolled out of.

and um...

I think it's important, before you try to interpret this dream, to state how you feel about psychologists, how you feel about men, and how you feel about sons (i.e. the father-son relationship).

Offhand, though . . .

The dream does hint at you making some sort of a profit at the expense of others. Do you feel as if you are using others to gain something for yourself?

There's also a hint of you getting some sort of a reward. Do you feel as if you deserve some sort of a retribution for something negative that's happened to you in your past?

These are just some quick interpretations (and I must state that I am no expert). Don't ask me about symbology, though, because, well, the people and events in your dream can symbolize certain things, events, and situations that only you will be able to decipher. (E.g. You might believe that Dr. Phil is a symbol of someone in your life, etc., and not many people would be able to tell you that.)

Hey, thanks for taking the time to give me your opinion about my dream.

I don't have experience with psychologists and don't really have an opinion on them, I do like Dr. Phil though. Men, I think are great for the most part! Sons, no thoughts really there either...

I can't think of anyone I am using, I'd never use anyone. I'm not a material person either so there's nothing I want. Good question on the retribution, but not that I can think of...

You've given me a lot to think about though, thanks again.

I think that it's about a few things:

Relaxing vs

Emergency/of Importance

Jackpot

Justice

From that, it's all up to your life. Have you felt something of importance that you felt it should be taken care quickly, that you might consider as injust?

Then you should not worry too much about it and stand back and in the end it will give you peace (jackpot) or justice will take care of it.

Does that makes sense at all ? Let me know, please

EDIT: Mrs Elliott Smith is right about the symbolism of Dr Phil and Phil Donahue. It probably means something more.

Dream interpretation - lord, it's hard enough to interpret reality!!!!

Amen to that.

I'm glad your realize those are all opinions.

I don't think we'll ever find a way scientific way to explain consciously the meaning of the inconscious.

It's like life and death in my opinion, when one exist the other cease to exist.

Isn't this why you quickly forget the dream you once had as you wake up in the morning and become more and more conscious?

That's also just my opinion!

Here's a question you can ask yourself: How did you feel when all of this was going down? You told us the facts, but none of the accompanying emotion. Did you feel sad or horrified when you saw the news about the murders? Did you feel excited when you got the check for all that money? Did you feel guilty that you got it? I think that trying to remember how you felt could give you more insight.

One school of thought says that every person in dream represents oneself, that we are every person in our dreams. I'm not really sure how that applies here, but it's something interesting to think about.

Here's a question you can ask yourself: How did you feel when all of this was going down? You told us the facts, but none of the accompanying emotion. Did you feel sad or horrified when you saw the news about the murders? Did you feel excited when you got the check for all that money? Did you feel guilty that you got it? I think that trying to remember how you felt could give you more insight.

One school of thought says that every person in dream represents oneself, that we are every person in our dreams. I'm not really sure how that applies here, but it's something interesting to think about.

When I saw a man had murdered his own sons I felt appalled. When he gave me the check I felt suspicious and wondered "why me", I felt apprehension, nothing else.

Archived